690 or titan?

Neither will drive 4k very well

so you consider it as a waste to think about 4k gaming now when i but a gpu and rather buy a gpu when 4k is commin in a normal house?

It depends on what you are willing to pay for hardware. At the time of this post, Nvidia's Titan will provide you with a higher buffer capacity on a single GPU compared to competing cards on the market. And in my own experience, single-GPU solutions that compete with dual-GPU solutions in terms of performance tend to outweight the latter in terms of overall performance due to hardware limitations. But if you want the best observable-performance per monetary unit spent towards the enjoyment of 4K content, wait for the development and release of hardware marketed around existing 4K content.

In raw performance, a 690 beats the Titan in most cases but the Titan can provide smoother frames due to the fact that it's frame rate is more consistent rather than erratic like sudden fps drops dual GPU cards have. Also, driver and game optimizations are not a dual GPU's strong point. Not to mention if a game has terrible multigpu scaling.

OH my god. why can't he simply put down the minimum, average, and highs too? all that information yet no simply "min fps this card this, min fps that card that."

cus it is not that simple u need to read it al to get ur self an opinion what u think is best. there is no fact what is the best, it is just an opinion

cus it is not that simple u need to read it al to get ur self an opinion what u think is best. there is no fact what is the best, it is just an opinion

maybe some people are on their phone and don't have the time to analyze bar graphs and complex variable flow charts. 

The safer option would have to be the GTX Titan, only because Dual GPU's have a few too many downsides at the moment compared to Single GPU cards.

CPU i5 6600K | Mobo Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7 | Cooling H80i | MSI GTX970 Gaming 4GB in SLi | Geil Super Luce 16GB 3000MHz DDR4 | Intel 330 120GB | 2 x 1TB WD Black | Corsair Air 540 | XFX ProSeries 1250W. | Corsair K70 Anodised Black Cherry Reds | Logitech G502 | Dell U2713HM | Red LED Lighting.

Portable Gamer - Metabox Alpha W370SS - CPU i7 4710MQ | RAM 8GB 1600MHz | Nvidia GTX 860M 2GB GDDR5 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD | 17.3" Matte Display 72% Gamut
Back-up - HP Pavilion dv6 - Ancient Stuff - P7550 @ 2.26gHz  | DDR2 4GB | Kingston HyperX 120Gb SSD | ATi 4550m (fried)

The safer option would have to be the GTX Titan, only because Dual GPU's have a few too many downsides at the moment compared to Single GPU cards.

whats the downsides of dual gpu other than it may not be optimized?

There exists no other "downside" of a dual-GPU solution apart from the reduction of performance due to poorer optimization of hardware and software when compared to a single-GPU solution.

lower thermal image, lower power consumption, on z77 boards your dual gpu's will still communicate directly to the cpu, more compact environment, better acoustics, 

oh wait, those are positives. you can simply tell your 690 to run in single gpu performance mode. that pretty much removes non optimization issues.

You will definitely need a card with a 384 bit memory bus to drive a 4k monitor. The titan is the best option, especially since two of them is going to be better than two 690s.

Buying a grpahics card for 4K now is like buying fresh salad for christmas now. By the time you use it, the old product is out of date anyway you would've been way better off just buying it at the time you need it.

Also single GPU all the way, dual GPU is just too buggy in my eyes. I have 2 HD6850s but since I rarely play games that are crossfire optimized, I would've been better off with a HD6970 or so at the time. Dual GPU doesn't really make sense to me unless you want the very highest benchmark numbers, a single GPU setup will give you a better and more consistent experience.

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

Titan is compatible with more games

Character artist in the Games industry.

Neither will drive 4k very well

@ TITANS will do this

If 4K resolution displays will be using a resolution of 3840x2160, that's about 8.3 million pixels and a triple 1080p display has a resolution of 5760x1080, that's about 6.2 million pixels, the 4K display will be more demanding by 25%. That said 4-way Titans are able to run pretty much all games at the 5760x1080 resolution with max settings with playable frame rates so you can guess how much of a performance hit it'll have by taking the frame rates they have @ 5760x1080 and cut them by about 25%. This method is not entirely accurate since there is the VRAM to factor in as well but you'll get close, more or less.

So can the Titan run games at 4K? Yes but currently it's out of reach of most people not including the cost of a 4K display.

There's only one really viable option for 4k gaming today and that's titan, preferably in sli. In other words; just wait for now, and if you don't have a gaming system then get something like a 670 and be happy for now.

In raw performance, a 690 beats the Titan in most cases but the Titan can provide smoother frames due to the fact that it's frame rate is more consistent rather than erratic like sudden fps drops dual GPU cards have. Also, driver and game optimizations are not a dual GPU's strong point. Not to mention if a game has terrible multigpu scaling.

the reason i bought one instead of a 690

the reason i bought one instead of a 690

I found testing both is that at the $1000 price point, 1x Titan will, in most cases, be beaten by 1x 690. But when you got to the $2000 price point, 2x Titans equal or beat 2x 690's.