AnotherTechGuy

Nice :) I WANT!

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Noctula should develop a taste in colour. At least make everything black. Black goes with almost everything.

so if you have all your RAM on 1 side of your mobo you can have 2 fans on it and still be able to put high profile RAM, that seems perfect for me since im planning to get a mobo that has all RAm on the same side of the mobo instead of 2, can't wait till its in the stores.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

All I really need is a GPU heatsink that is quite and keeps my GPU cooler then it is at the moment. I would love to see Noctua make a universal GPU heatsink for most graphics cards. I think that would be really cool. I have an EVGA 680 Classified and it can get a bit load with my custom fan graph but on the default it gets warmer then I like it. 65ish on it's current OC.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

I see a brown fan and I want to paint it black... (song reference most will miss)

Finally i got a reference on the internet, it feels good

sick-reference.gif

i7 2600 | HD 6870 | 8GB Memory | 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 500W PSU | Fractal Define R4

I have a lot of upgrade plans, and no money  :)

I've already replaced my heatsink around a month ago, oh well. For a new product, though, I'd have expected it to not look the same as the previous model, only with cut outs for obnoxiously tall ram. Seems like Noctua is gonna take the Porsche approach to design. :P

why bother

the alternatives are cheaper and performs about the same

Really? Please, tell us which alternative is cheaper, quieter and performs better than the Noctua NH-D14.

491C5.jpg

•  i7 4770k @ 4.5ghz • Noctua NHL12 •  Asrock Z87 Extreme 4 •  ASUS GTX 780 DCII 1156/6300 •

•  Kingston HyperX 16GB  •  Samsung 840 SSD 120GB [boot] + 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM •

•  Fractal Design Define R4  •  Corsair AX860 80+ Platinum •  Logitech Wireless Y-RK49  •  Logitech X-530  •

That RAM clearance!

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Finally i got a reference on the internet, it feels good

sick-reference.gif

I got it too!

^__^

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

The RAM clearance is nice and dandy, but you'll have to mount your fans just as high, so you effectiveley loose cooling performance in the bottom. Not much, but it's there. I am also curious about clearance with graphics cards, espeically if the to most slot it already the main 16x slot.

who cares...

I see a brown fan and I want to paint it black... (song reference most will miss)

I see the colours and I want to paint them black. (or something like that) along with dah summer dresses and I want to paint them black.

yah.

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

I see the colours and I want to paint them black. (or something like that) along with dah summer dresses and I want to paint them black.

http://youtu.be/MEWYOt3bxNI

AMD RYZEN 7 5800X3D \ Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite \  32GB 3600 G.SKILL Neo \  Gigabyte RTX 4080 Gaming OC \  Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo \  NVMe 2TB Samsung 990 Pro, SATA 4TB Samsung 970 Evo  \  WINDOWS 11 PRO 

It never troubles the wolf how many the sheep may be. ~Publius Vergilius Maro circa 50BC

What's with their colour scheme, seriously I would buy them if they weren't so ugly.

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Loving the high ram clearance! 

Avatar and comment correlation is creepily high.

Hopefully this will sort of bring down the NH-D14 price so I'll be able to get it. :D The ram clearance feature is pretty nice but wonder if it will affect the cooling a bit. But I don't think it will because they have widened their heatsink.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Really? Please, tell us which alternative is cheaper, quieter and performs better than the Noctua NH-D14.

He's a known troll, don't worry about it.

Hubba hubba hubba! Me likey.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)