Can you guys advise me a case?

Frapag

Hi,

I'm planning a high-end build (i7, gtx 680, sound card, raid card, h100i,...)

at the moment i'm looking for a good case but i can't find one.

I would prefer a midi-case with good cable management options and good cooling,

Something like a HAF or Corsair graphite or c70 look good but they aren't really what i want ( because of how they look )

So is there any case which you guys can advise?

Thanks in advance!

Frapag

Corsair 400R

Corsair 500R

Fractal Design Define R4

CM Storm Scout 2

NZXT Phantom 410

Bitfenix Shinobi

Otherwise do what I did; go to webstores entire list of cases and just go down the list and open in a new tab the ones you like. Then remove the ones that don't suit your purpose (no dual rad support, too big ect) then once you've found them I'm pretty sure Linus will have done an unboxing on it - problem solved :P

Corsair 400R

Corsair 500R

Fractal Design Define R4

CM Storm Scout 2

NZXT Phantom 410

Bitfenix Shinobi

Otherwise do what I did; go to webstores entire list of cases and just go down the list and open in a new tab the ones you like. Then remove the ones that don't suit your purpose (no dual rad support, too big ect) then once you've found them I'm pretty sure Linus will have done an unboxing on it - problem solved :P

I have no idea why it messed with the spacing but oh well.

What is the budget for the case?

Has it to be silent?

What kind of style? Simple and elegant or spaceship n lights n stuff?

Aluminum or not?

Has it to be silent?

Aluminum or not?

very true i agree

Corsair 400R

Corsair 500R

Fractal Design Define R4

CM Storm Scout 2

NZXT Phantom 410

Bitfenix Shinobi

Thanks for the advise,

I'm currently looking at the Fractal Design Define XL Black Pearl, it's a great case but doesn't have room for an H100i :s

Has it to be silent?

Aluminum or not?

-doesn't matter

-yes

-Simple and elegant

-mostly aluminum

I'm sorry if my post was not clear enough, i was just asking for a little advise :s

its ok man we just want to give u the best advice we possibly can

As windspeed36 said, I think the Fractal Design Define R4 would fit your description. Linus did a video about it:

If you want something simple/elegant in aluminum with great cable management and a premier quality build, the TJ07 or TJ11 are excellent though they are full tower cases. In the mid-tower range, the 550D, 650D, Temjin TJ04 and most Lian Li cases are very nice and they come at pretty low prices ($50-200)

Go for a BitFenix Shinobi XL.. fantastic Case!

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

I think the BitFenix Shinobi would be a good bet if you're looking for sleek styling otherwise a CM storm trooper or Stryker

I think the BitFenix Shinobi would be a good bet if you're looking for sleek styling otherwise a CM storm trooper or Stryker

I would second that Stryker recommendation if you want something a little more gamy. I've heard nothing but good things.

Cooler Master is not as good as some newer cases. Go for the NZXT Switch 810 or some Corsair ones.

• MB MSI Z77A-GD65

CPU Intel Core i7-2600K + Corsair H60 + 2x Alpenfohn Wing Boost

RAM Corsair Dominator 16 GB

GPU MSI Radeon HD6950 Twin Frozr II / OC

SC Asus Xonar D2X

SSD Corsair Force GT 120 GB

HDD WD Black 1 TB + Blue 1 TB + Green 500 GB

PSU Corsair HX650

Case NZXT Phantom 820 Black

Rheobus NZXT Sentry LXE

Monitor: 3x LG IPS231P + Philips 298P4Q

Hi-Fi Onkyo HT-S3305

OS Windows 8.1 Pro

Thanks for the great posts!

I'm still looking at all the cases that were suggested.

But for now i'm going for the Define R4 or the Define XL,

Which one do you guys prefer?

Cooler Master is not as good as some newer cases. Go for the NZXT Switch 810 or some Corsair ones.

I quite like Coolermaster cases, there are so many out there now, they are all very similar in their features; it's really just personal preference for what case takes your fancy to be honest.

But for now i'm going for the Define R4 or the Define XL' date=' Which one do you guys prefer?[/quote']

Well if you like to have a lot of space, and more futureproofness, go for the Define XL. By futureproofness I mean crazy sli setups, mostly, also airflow should be a bit better.

If you like it a bit more compact, but still darn good looking, go for the Define R4.

Desktop: CPU: i7 3770k OC: 4.0 GHZ | CPUCooler: Corsair H100i | GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCU2 | Motherboard: Gigabyte z77x-ud5h | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16 gig, 1600 mhz | PSU: Corsair AX860 | Soundcard: Asus Xonar Essence STX | Storage: Corsair Force 3 120 gb, Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro

Periphirals: Keyboard: Logitech g710+ | Mice: Desktop: Razer Imperator Battlefield 3 Edition. Laptop: Razer Deathadder 3.5g edition | Mousepads: Desktop: Razer Goliathus Control Extended edition Laptop: Razer Goliathus Control edition | Sound stuff: Bose Companion 2 speakers (Free yay), Beyerdynamic DT-770 250 Ohm.

Laptop: Lenovo Thinkpad Edge e540: CPU: i7 4702mq | GPU: Nvidia Geforce gt740 | RAM: 8 gig of some brand | Storage: 1 TB of some brand 5400 rpm | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro

I would recommend you the Corsair C70 it has awesome cable management and enough space for your H100

It has that awesome military look which i really like

It also has toolless HDD installation bays

It has 2x USB 3 Ports in the front and of course Audio-In and Audio-Out

As well as Start and Restart buttons

Thanks for the great posts! I'm still looking at all the cases that were suggested. But for now i'm going for the Define R4 or the Define XL' date=' Which one do you guys prefer?[/quote']

Gor for the Define R4, for sure! Awesome case and it fits your H100i perfectly.

Wll I would go for a define xl just because there is alot more room for upgradability such as longer graphics cards in the r4 you may have to take out the hard drive cages to fit in longer graphics cards.

Based on your requirements, I would highly recommend the Corsair 650D, despite its steep price tag.

You were a noob once too!

I have the CM storm trooper and I would recommend it, it comes with fans, one on the top that can be removed to put in a H100 system. that being said it is silence with all the fans running at 60%, any thing above that you can start noticing the noise, but i would say the noise is bacground noise that after a couple of minutes you stop noticing.

Seeing as everyone's ignoring the aluminium aspect, I figure I'll mention the Silverstone FT02. It's got an interesting lay-out and comes with noise-dampening foam. Airflow comes from the bottom, so you'd be better off not having it on a carpet.

If you don't mind bringing the silent aspect yourself (if you're into serious silence, you'll no doubt want to use your own fans anyway), then Lian Li are another obvious aluminium choice. The PC-7H should be fine, the PC-V650, V700 and V750 also all look interesting to me, but you might want to check reviews for their airflow. I could see the V700 perhaps having higher GPU temps. Avoid the PC-B10 and PC-B12 however, as they supposedly have terrible airflow.

Edit: Just realized the V650 won't be compatible with the H100i unless it can fit in the front...

I would go with the Corsair case that fits your budget. Corsair build quality is always top notch. They always optimize their cases for their products as well, so an H100 will work in pretty much any of their cases.