What should I get? Galaxy S5 or HTC One M8?

terrytek

Both phones are coming out this month, and I need to know, which is better? I like Samsung's fingerprint scanner, something the HTC One doesn't have, but it does have dual flash and dual rear cameras. Both i believe have 16 MP cameras. Which should I get? Also, which one is cheaper?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I like the m8 a lot, and, if i wasnt under contract, would get it.

Ryzen 1600@3.8ghz / 16gb 2400mhzASRock B350 ITX / Gigabyte RX 470 4gb / 256gb M.2 / SG13B-Q / Corsair 450w

M8 gets my vote

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

Wow, the M8 seems to be the obvious winner. What's wrong with the S5?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Why not One Plus One? Between those two I would say M8.

because it was between those 2 devices. Plus a lot of american users don't use AT&T or T-Mobile

because it was between those 2 devices. Plus a lot of american users don't use AT&T or T-Mobile

Also, not really Sprint, but Verizon has the largest 4G LTE network.

The fingerprint scanner is a cheap gimmic,

The M8 has a much nicer camera (lower MegaPixels, but they're ultrapixels.)

The camera is nifty on the M8

The speed is essentially the same.

The speakers on the M8 are AMAZING (they're even better than the M7 [Last HTC One] )

"The Amazing New HTC One (M8)" gets my vote. [That's the actual name of the phone, just saying.]

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

I'm going to be the first to say S5 because water proof is a must for me. And I've been using Samsung since the first Galaxy S :) just me, and plus I'm not really a fan of aluminum

COMPUTER - Enermax Ostrog Gt | Asus M5A99FX R2.0 | AMD FX-8350 | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Sapphire R9 270X Dual-X 4GB | 2x 4GB G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz | Crucial M500 240GB | WD Blue 1TB

NAS - NZXT H440 | Asus H97 Plus | Intel Pentium G3258 | Stock Intel Fan | 2x 4GB G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz | MyDigitalSSD M.2 64GB | 4x 2TB WD Red

LAPTOP - Microsoft Surface Pro 3 | Intel i5 | 128GB SSD + 64GB MicroSD | 4GB Ram :)

I'll be purchasing the S5 this month, so that's my choice :)

That galaxy note 3 though ..

#!

IMO the build quality and looks of the M8 alone make it far better than S5 since they're fairly similar in spec

The M8's camera is a 4MP ultra pixel camera. It's certainly not the next camera out of these two, but it seems adequate for normal, casual use. Otherwise, the M8 seems to be superior to the S5 in most ways. If you can live without the fingerprint sensor, then the M8 is a much better choice

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3200Mhz GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080ti MoBo: MSI Z170 Krait Gaming 3X Cooler: NZXT Kraken X52 Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D HDD/SSD: (Boot) Intel 750 Series 400GB, (Games) Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, (Data) Samsung 850 EVO 500GB PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 750W Keyboard: CM Masterkeys Pro L w/ Cherry MX Blues Mouse: Logitech G900 Monitor: Acer X34 Predator @ 100hz

Phone(s): Samsung Galaxy S8+

Why not a nexus 5? #WirelessCharging

But between the two, I would say the m8

MY GOD!!!! 253 USERS VIEWING??? Even @LinusTech is viewing this. 44 members, 203 guests. Is there gonna be such thing as a Galaxy F, as rumours have stated? Maybe that is better than the S5?

I've been using the M7 for almost a year now and doubt the M8!

So your point is????

MY GOD!!!! 253 USERS VIEWING??? Even @LinusTech is viewing this. 44 members, 203 guests. Is there gonna be such thing as a Galaxy F, as rumours have stated? Maybe that is better than the S5?

Linus posted this on facebook :P

Will you be rooting/roming your phone? If you are in my experience samsung tends to be easier, atleast it was very easy on my old s3 compared to my current lg g2, and my very old htc evo design. If you aren't i suggest the m8, i hate the look and feel of touchwiz and would never touch a stock samsung phone.

Linus posted this on facebook :P

OH. MY. GOD!!!! LINUS ACTUALLY POSTED THIS ON FB??? O_o

I'd go with the M8 just because of the better build quality. Solid aluminum is way more sturdy than Samsung's cheap, flimsy plastic.

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

Neither, I'll take a Find 7. lol

Personal Rig: i7 7700K - Asus Strix Z270H - 2x8GB GSkill RGB memory 3000Mhz - EVGA GTX1080ti SC2 - 2X Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - EVGA SuperNOVA 750G2