NVIDIA NEW DRIVER KILLS MANTLE IN BF4!!

Agreed we must verify the results! and it is nice to not have to do anything different to take advantage of it.

You will need to upgrade for Star Citizen :D

Negative on having to upgrade for star citizen... Good solid 60-80 with my 280x BTW.

Never have I seen so much hype and fanboyism over a driver...

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

As this new driver is supposed to relieve the cpu, how does this translate to a game like BF4?

It can give a fps boost, but I'm also interested in lower cpu usage.

It might be that Nvidia realised that they have nothing to come up against Mantle, but they need to keep up the pace with the 700series, so this left them in no other choice but to directly optimise to latest DX11 games with drivers, until DX12 comes, which evens the terms again.
Smart move, but not really that significant if true.

Negative on having to upgrade for star citizen... Good solid 60-80 with my 280x BTW.

Go play crysis 3 on max (w/o AA and that other crap) and that should give you an idea of what SS will be on medium/low. At least in theory.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Wow could you keep your news posts less biased please?....

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Lol... Um actually no a good 60 - 70 in crysis 3

Read that as

"Nvidia's new driver kills man."

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Lol... Um actually no a good 60 - 70 in crysis 3

That is impossible...

That's what a GTX780ti would get.

Did you guys get an improvement?

RTX2070OC 

What? I dont even understand that first graph at all. Did they purposely used small scale because difference in FPS is inferior but it looks great when NVIDIA bars are twice as big as AMD bars? Or is NFPS something entirely different? ???

Did you guys get an improvement???

So far i did notice an improvement in far cry 3,

i benched before and after the new driver and i got about 15% boost to the average,and my minimum FPS jumped by 20 FPS.(30 to 50)

What? I dont even understand that first graph at all. Did they purposely used small scale because difference in FPS is inferior but it looks great when NVIDIA bars are twice as big as AMD bars? Or is NFPS something entirely different? ???

Yeah, that's what they did. They a few percentages better in FPS, for most of their stuff anyways.

could could have fanboyed a bit less on your post

*Edit

Ok people I get it you agree with what I said but stop liking it please because I'm tired of seeing the notifications about this thread.

kthxbai,

Lord Pantaloons the Third of DCD

Just a wild Streisand effect coming through.

Interesting, but don't be such a fanboy it's not classy.

So far i did notice an improvement in far cry 3,

i benched before and after the new driver and i got about 15% boost to the average,and my minimum FPS jumped by 20 FPS.(30 to 50)

Good than I'm not the only one because I also had improvements in Far Cry 3 and Battlefield 4.

RTX2070OC 

The 780Ti already kinda stomped the 290X in Mantle...

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

What I want to know is if it puts the 750ti in league with the HD 7850. I could care less about 780 Ti Vs R9 290x at this point. If it's really something special the 750 Ti will be getting similar performance to the R7 265/7850 with mantle.

Case: Thermaltake Versa H35 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700x (@4.0Ghz) Cooling: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 240 | MOBO: Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 16GB (2x8GB) 3333Mhz | GPU: MSI ARMOR 8GB OC GTX 1070 | Storage: SAMSUNG 970 EVO 250GB, 1TB Seagate 2.5" 5400RPM | PSU: Corsair CX750M

Okay, I posted this in the BF4 subreddit and surprise surprise, guys are actually getting noticeable improvements out of their setups. Mainly it seems to be coming from people running in SLI. 

Wow, 1.15 FPS? That sounds pretty terrible to me.

In my opinion, those numbers aren't in FPS, they are multiples of the base FPS represented by the 290X. Let's say it scored 60FPS in BF4, on Mantle it scored 1.06x more = 63.6FPS, the 780Ti scored 70.5FPS on the old driver and 71.4FPS on the new driver. Nontheless, it's a strange method of measuring performance.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

The difference is marginal, the graph is stretched. But holy crap the amount of fanboy the OP could pack into his posts....

In my opinion, those numbers aren't in FPS, they are multiples of the base FPS represented by the 290X. Let's say it scored 60FPS in BF4, on Mantle it scored 1.06x more = 63.6FPS, the 780Ti scored 70.5FPS on the old driver and 71.4FPS on the new driver. Nontheless, it's a strange method of measuring performance.

On the contrary. Percentage gain is immediately apparent.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2