NVIDIA NEW DRIVER KILLS MANTLE IN BF4!!

Lets make a graph with 2% and then zoom it in so the differences look really big.

TBH I dont care because my pc plays games smoothly, whats a few extra fps thats going to cause screen tearing (not that it bothers me)

So i installed this new 337.50 driver

wanted to start Bf4 and..

You were disconnected from EA Online (1)

Any solution?

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

So i installed this new 337.50 driver

wanted to start Bf4 and..

Any solution?

Try connecting to EA online :P

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Here is what worries me: Nvidia might be intentionally distributing under-performing drivers. They know they are way ahead of AMD's tech in pure horsepower but like a good poker player they don't want to show their whole hand. They likely keep the optimized and efficient drivers under wraps, in case AMD comes up with new hardware, or in this case a new API, that completely changes things on them. This means that AMD only thinks they're getting close to match Nvidia's raw power and then boom: Look at these pair of aces I had the whole time.

This is worrisome since it means that AMD is just not being able to compete and keep Nvidia honest. This is likely to intentionally slow down technological progress just like we've seen the same situation vs intel: Why should Intel worry about launching new products if AMD still can't match even their i5? Sure they can make some fairly inconsequential "upgrades" but there's no need to pull out their big guns and henceforth the entirety of the PC market suffers since neither intel nor nvidia are compelled to offer truly significant performance advantages, they just carefully calculate how much is needed to stay ahead of AMD. 

For all we know we could have a 20nm Maxwell powerhouse that would double the performance of a Titan today but why would Nvidia release that card if AMD is not even close to matching that? I'm sorry to say but for the sake of a healthy industry we need a third player to keep everyone honest but we might never get that.

I completely agree.

AMD has to start to kick some asses so that Nvidia and Intel have to pull out the best they have.

Intel has 8-12 core processors but they are selling 4 and 6 cores for extreme high prices

Nvidia has Maxwell clearly ready and they aren't releasing it instead they are selling TITAN Z for $3000.

Everybody is doing like AMD is the good guy but in reality AMD is messing up the hole market for the last 2 Years.

When AMD was strong with HD6000 series a dual GPU was $600 now a dual GPU is $3000!

RTX2070OC 

Considering AMD and nvidia gets their chips made in the same foundries, I very much doubt that. That is the reason why the nanometer transistors are identical between the two.

Same foundries but does Research and Development occurs in the same labs? 

-------

Current Rig

-------

Try connecting to EA online :P

wat?

restarted my PC now. now i get this:

Origin could not get code (-5df70000): Base proxy error. You shouldn't get this error.

This new driver is bullshit...

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

So i managed to start BF4 with the new driver, seeing no difference:(

Agreed we must verify the results! and it is nice to not have to do anything different to take advantage of it.

You will need to upgrade for Star Citizen :D

Probbably will, especially for Oculus. Mind you Star Citizen should be optimized very well with textures precisely loading when they are needed. So I think I'll be able to push it with this card at stock 1070MHz, or at least I hope so. But touche :)

my thread and i can put any image i want as long as it dont break the rules

in other words

DEAL WITH IT  :D

Let's put it this way: I respected you and your opinion somewhat until I saw you're a typical garden variety fanboy. That's what most people feel about fanboys around here. And in the future don't surprised if they don't give a rat's arse about your opinions, even if you bring hard facts to the table because you're just another fanboy. This type of behaviour isn't liked by anyone who is open-minded, which techies generally are, it's kinda a pre-requisite. DEAL WITH IT

isnt compatible with windows 7 and my 680

This update concearns DX11.2, and as you know W7 doesn't have DX11.2 support, but of course I might be wrong.

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.

wat?

restarted my PC now. now i get this:

Origin could not get code (-5df70000): Base proxy error. You shouldn't get this error.

This new driver is bullshit...

This is not driver related error. :P

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

This happened all because AMD. Thanks alot lol

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

This is not driver related error. :P

yes but it was kinda annoying, BEcause the game worked with the last drivers:)

But it works now with 337.50 driver:D

Now i am going to troll my friends with this driver:D because it do not works atr the first time:D lets hear them rage on me:DD

I just tried out Battlefield 4 naval strike with 64 players.
I got a performance boost and I can play now the game with 4xmsaa+110%resolution scale with around 60-70FPS.

EDIT: I only have a performance boost in Multiplayer.
I have no performance boost on Test Range.

RTX2070OC 

HOLY ******

I just tried out Battlefield 4 naval strike with 64 players :o

I got a massive performance boost I can play now the game with 4xmsaa+110%resolution scale with around 70FPS.

This Driver is insane!

I will try now Sleeping Dogs because that game was barely playable for me before.

So, it is working on 600 series then? I'll do some quick benchmarking (it wont be 100% accurate, but i should be able to see if there is any fps increase).

My Build

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 ARMOUR | CPU: i7 9700k | Ram: 16gb 3200mhz Motherboard: ASUS Maximus XI Gene | Storage: 2x 1TB NVME 1x 500GB NVME 1x 120GB NVME | Case: Corsair 570X

I was over at guru3d, they seemed unimpressed with this driver though, some improvements, but not as massive a gain as it was supposed to. I'm downloading this driver for my SLi'ed GTX670's, I don't know if it'd improve anything as the driver seemed to be for the 7 series cards.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

HOLY ******

I just tried out Battlefield 4 naval strike with 64 players :o

I got a massive performance boost I can play now the game with 4xmsaa+110%resolution scale with around 70FPS.

This Driver is insane!

I will try now Sleeping Dogs because that game was barely playable for me before.

Awesome. :) Can't wait to try it after work. 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

yes but it was kinda annoying, BEcause the game worked with the last drivers:)

But it works now with 337.50 driver:D

Now i am going to troll my friends with this driver:D because it do not works atr the first time:D lets hear them rage on me:DD

Next time reset your router when this happens. This should be IP mismatch error caused by DNS or VPN. I had this error from time to time when game was released.

Strange that GeForce Experience is not reporting this driver yet. Says my 335.23 is up to date.

Edit: Oh, It's beta. :D

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

Awesome. :) Can't wait to try it after work. 

i did not get any boost on my GTX 550 ti:(

Next time reset your router when this happens. This should be IP mismatch error caused by DNS or VPN. I had this error from time to time when game was released.

Strange that GeForce Experience is not reporting this driver yet. Says my 335.23 is up to date.

yeah my geforce experience says that i got my 335 driver up to date, but when i press on "my gear" then i see 337 driver...

Those SLI improvement look most exciting to me.

Of course improvements in COD Black Ops 2, Sleeping Dogs, Aliens vs Predator, Sniper Elite are also nice. In BF4 the driver doesn't seem to make a big difference however.

I assume this performance improvement only goes for their newest cards, essentially hyping up a lot of people by lying in their face. I'd love to see some extra frames in BF4 on my 560ti.

As would I. I refuse to upgrade my GPU yet as the 560ti still does admirably well inmajority of games. It is a beast of a card for its price bracket when it came out

Well, if this is moderately true, then: lol

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

I assume this performance improvement only goes for their newest cards, essentially hyping up a lot of people by lying in their face. I'd love to see some extra frames in BF4 on my 560ti.

I don't really see how this is lying.

It's best to wait for third party tests though. You should never trust the performance numbers the manufacturer themselves gives you.

And it's with DX11, so no special API tailored to their GPUs, but I want to see benchmarks from PCPer and Linus... or any respectable source for that matter.

Linus' benchmarks lack any kind of reliability and validity, as their overclocking cannot be standardised because:

• Different GPU OC differently
  • Different GPU Cores / memory within the same line of GPUs overclock differently

Basically all you can do with Linus' benchmarks is being happy about the colored bars.

Anyone who knows even the slightest bit about comparisons and actual measurement, can see that what he does is a waste of his time, if the goal is to be a source of information. [Ofc the goal is for you to watch the video, but lets assume he actually tried to deliver data] ^^

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...