Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mendozacheers

Yet another issue with the Asus Xonar DX, help needed.

Posted · Original PosterOP

So, I have had this sound card for about 9 months or so, and I seem to have encountered a few problems. First it was the small 4-pin molex connector that would refuse to connect with the card, the official Asus as well as the UNi drivers wouldn't work for months thanks to that. Even without the 4-pin, the audio card still worked, I eventually ended up forcing a cable-tie on there to hold it in place. Nevermind, this should be solved now.

I recently got a pair of new speakers, 40W each in stereo, and now I can hear a CLEAR static noise that is driving me NUTS. My old Creative Gigaworks T20 Series II never did this, at least not within my hearing. I have tried to use my on-board audio chip as well as through my display (hdmi through my Graphics card), and the problem is universal throughout all ports.... what is this?

The static reminds a lot of coil whine, because it fluctuates depending on what the computer is doing. When I scroll down pages, switch tabs etc, the noise changes to a different frequency. Could it be an unwanted current going through my computer components making this noise, maybe from the graphics card?

Thank you for helping me out!

EDIT: also, lowering the windows volume to 0 does not make it stop, which means the drivers are not the issue (?)

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 | MB: Asus P8Z77-V PRO | GPU: x1 Asus DirectCU II OC GTX 680 (2GB) | CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k | RAM: 32GB 8x4 Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz | PSU: Corsair TX 750W | Sound Card: Sound Blaster Zx | SSD: Intel 520 Series 180GB (Boot & Windows) | HDD: WD Green 2TB (Steam), Samsung HD501LJ 500GB (Storage), External Seagate 500 GB (Storage) External WD 1TB (Storage) | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 | MonitorLG IPS 24" 1080p | Keyboard: CMStorm Quickfire TK Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M65 Performance | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-M50 | Speakers: Creative Gigaworks T20 Series II, Roth Oli POWA-5 Black | Microphone: Samson Q1U | Mobile Device: Samsung Galaxy S6 Sapphire Black (32GB) | Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7" (32GB) | Notebook: Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E540 | Steam: 4500+ Games

Steam | Twitter | Twitch

Get the community drivers

same issue.

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 | MB: Asus P8Z77-V PRO | GPU: x1 Asus DirectCU II OC GTX 680 (2GB) | CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k | RAM: 32GB 8x4 Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz | PSU: Corsair TX 750W | Sound Card: Sound Blaster Zx | SSD: Intel 520 Series 180GB (Boot & Windows) | HDD: WD Green 2TB (Steam), Samsung HD501LJ 500GB (Storage), External Seagate 500 GB (Storage) External WD 1TB (Storage) | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 | MonitorLG IPS 24" 1080p | Keyboard: CMStorm Quickfire TK Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M65 Performance | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-M50 | Speakers: Creative Gigaworks T20 Series II, Roth Oli POWA-5 Black | Microphone: Samson Q1U | Mobile Device: Samsung Galaxy S6 Sapphire Black (32GB) | Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7" (32GB) | Notebook: Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E540 | Steam: 4500+ Games

Steam | Twitter | Twitch

If you have a phone/mp3 player try that eighths speakers, willin to bet that it's the speakers.

If you have a phone/mp3 player try that eighths speakers, willin to bet that it's the speakers.

If a battery-powered device doesn't fix the static, then Ground Loop strikes again!

If a battery-powered device doesn't fix the static, then Ground Loop strikes again!

Or shit speakers or something of the sort.

I connect to them via bluetooth as well as 3,5mm cable, no static whatsoever :/

Steam | Twitter | Twitch

Search for a "Ground loop isolator" (I dunno what store near you will have one).

Hm quite, do the speakers have the issue off of onboard.

Search for a "Ground loop isolator" (I dunno what store near you will have one).

Thanks, this reduced the noise significantly! Found one at the local electronic store for 20 bucks!

Steam | Twitter | Twitch