Front USB 3.0 Problems

xIHexIx
Go to solution Solved by Quaker,

It sounds like the ports are just bad and you'd need to get them replaced. :(

I recently got the Caselabs M10 case and got my system put into it. I got the IO plate that had 4 USB 3.0 ports, but only 2 seem to work properly. The top to ports are connected to one set of cables, the bottom set are connected to another set of cables. Both are plugged up fine. (Asus MVE if it matters.)

The top ports work perfect. Devices get power, data transfers fine, no problems.

The bottom ones aren't sending data. If I plug my A50s into them they charge, if I plug my External HDDs and Flashdrives into them they get power, but no data transfer services. They just don't show in Windows at all.

I've tried changing which header on the motherboard the cables are plugged into to see if it was a mobo problem, and still the same issue with bottom ports, so I know it's not the header. I've checked to make sure there are secure connections between the devices and port, the port and it's cables, and the cables and their headers. I'm not too sure what else to try except a new front panel IO from Caselabs and see if that's the problem.

Before I go through with that, does anybody have any other suggestions?

Asus X550CA-DB51: 15.6" @ 1366x768, i5-3337U @1.8, 8gb RAM, Intel 4000 Graphics, 750gb HDD

It sounds like the ports are just bad and you'd need to get them replaced. :(

A sieve may not hold water, but it will hold another sieve.

i5-6600, 16Gigs, ITX Corsair 250D, R9 390, 120Gig M.2 boot, 500Gig SATA SSD, no HDD

That sucks, but I'll contact case labs and see what they can do since it arrived like that. If not, I'm making another order from them in a few days for some accessories, I'll just add that in to it.

Asus X550CA-DB51: 15.6" @ 1366x768, i5-3337U @1.8, 8gb RAM, Intel 4000 Graphics, 750gb HDD