I need a new phone

swansburg

hey everyone, for the last year and a half i have been using a galaxy s3 and just recently broke the phone and now I;m in the market for a new one. things im looking for in the phone

-ability to use on straight talk since it is such a better deal then other carriers.

-Preferably aluminum body since that was one thing that bothered me with the s3 was the cheap plastic.

-A decent camera, but dont need anything fantastic.

-be able to get through a good day of texting/ other usage. Some days i had to charge my s3 half way through the day.

-pretty good sound through audio jack since I listen to music daily and like good quality, dont really care how good the external speaker.

-Expendable storage would be nice but not a necessity

Ive been looking at the nexus 5 and seems to be one of my best options, though it doesnt have some of the things im looking for its such a good deal. Let me know what you guys think

Thanks!

Budget?

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Budget?

not sure, was thinking of spending around $400

nexus 5?
great qualty for the price!

Grammar nazis are people too!
Treat your local grammar nazi nicely and he might teach you a thing or two. (Note that I'm Belgian and not a native English speaker.)
Chivalry isn't dead!

I don't know how the prices are in your region (with or without contract) but you might also want to consider an iPhone if it's not to expensive. It's got good build quality, a great camera but unfortunately no expendable storage and you have to like iOS

My personal rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/139780-zalman-my-first-build/

I use it partially as a Hackintosh. Don't judge me.

I don't know how the prices are in your region (with or without contract) but you might also want to consider an iPhone if it's not to expensive. It's got good build quality, a great camera but unfortunately no expendable storage and you have to like iOS

Just don't...

And not necessarily a 5s, you can also get an old model for a lower price

OH NO!That's even worse.

Nexus 5 is da boom.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

i have nothing against going with an iphone. The black iphone 5 is probably one of the sexiest phones ive ever seen but iphones can be a little pricey unless you go with an older model like the 4

Just don't...

OH NO!That's even worse.

Nexus 5 is da boom.

haha not an iphone guy im guessing? Personally ive always been a hater of apple products but now that im actually shopping for a new phone you have to appreciate the sexiness and the build quality. Never owned an apple product in my life

Nexus 5 is a good idea. Or the one plus one.

Isnt that not even out yet?

Isnt that not even out yet?

Yeah, it's not out yet.

i'm a potato

Get a Lumia 930.

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K 4,6GHZ OC MB: MSI Mpower z77  RAM: Kingston Genesis 1600Mhz CL9 16GB

GPU: ASUS R9 290 Direct CUII  PSU: Corsair AX 860

I want a new phone too... I've got a Galaxy S1....

you poor thing

damn reading about this oneplus one  got me drooling.

I want a new phone too... I've got a Galaxy S1....

Please... I'm still using a Sony Ericsson flip phone..  

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Get the HTC One or the M8 if you can afford it.

as much as i would love an htc one its a little pricey for my taste

You think it is worth it to wait for the oneplus one or just go for the nexus 5

haha not an iphone guy im guessing? Personally ive always been a hater of apple products but now that im actually shopping for a new phone you have to appreciate the sexiness and the build quality. Never owned an apple product in my life

You should try at least one. They actually make some good stuff. Definitely laptops if you don't need to game on one. And it's hard to actually hate a product unless you try one (don't be one of THOSE guys).

My compooter: http://imgur.com/a/mDFsx?