Anyone going to uni this year?

mr-nipples

I'm starting uni this year and was wondering if anyone else was and if so where? (i think in the USA it's called a college?)  I'm either going to Lancaster or Essex :)

university of northern iowa?

[ I7-4770K ][ Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H ][ Corsair Dominator Platinum 16gb ][ Corsair Carbide 300R ][ Corsair HX850 ][ Gigabyte Gtx 770 ]

[ Samsung 840 Series 500gb SSD ][ Bitfenix Spectre Pro (Blue LED) + Bitfenix Recon Fan Controller ]

Starting my second year in college this year, after that I will either take a course in Computer Science, or get a job, depending on what is avalible.

Currently studing Computing, Electronics and Maths btw.

Starting my second year in college this year, after that I will either take a course in Computer Science, or get a job, depending on what is avalible.

Currently studing Computing, Electronics and Maths btw.

I'm doing computer science too! Doing my computing coursework now, its due in for Tuesday :(

Going to Coventry in september to studying mechanical engineering which means ill have access to lots of cnc equipment. Plenty of modded pc building for me i think!

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

Going to Coventry in september to studying mechanical engineering which means ill have access to lots of cnc equipment. Plenty of modded pc building for me i think!

Coventry was one of my choices! However, I heard the student satisfaction rate for my course wasn't great :/

Currently in the exam period for my 4th and final year of a BEng/BSc in Computer and Electronic Systems at the University of Strathclyde, It's effectively half of a Computing Science degree and half of a EEE degree.

I'm just a soul who is up to no good.

Coventry was one of my choices! However, I heard the student satisfaction rate for my course wasn't great :/

I really wish i did more than 5 minutes of research on my Unis. Literally picked 5 at random, 1 being insurance. Haven't even looked round any :/

I really wish i did more than 5 minutes of research on my Unis. Literally picked 5 at random, 1 being insurance. Haven't even looked round any :/

Me too! Out of my five choices, I only went to one open day and that was after I chose them! There are some uni's I wish I picked but it's too late now! 

I got accepted to the Aerospace program at Ryerson University (Toronto, Canada). I'm so excited to be in it and start my career in, what is in my opinion, the most epic career pathway (space tech).

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

1st day back of secon term doing Bachelor in IT.

FX8120 @ 5.0GHz | Sabertooth 990FX | Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB @ 2133MHz | Powercolor HD7950 @ 1300/1800 | Bitfenix Shinobi XL Modded | Corsair AX850 | Mushkin 120GB & Seagate 2TB | Bitfenix Recon | 5X SP120 PE | 6X Yate Loon 120mm HS

Koolance 200 Res | 2X Koolance 360 Rads | Danger Den CPX Pro | EK 7950 Block | Koolance CPU Block | Bitspower & XSPC Fittings

Green Machine

Started studying Computer Science at Aarhus University during summer 2012. It's stressful with so many hobbies. :D

I've applied for two courses at the Falkirk campus of the Forth Valley College. 

I applied for a Games Development course and a HND Computing:Technical Support (Includes Microsoft Certification)

Hoping to get in, so i can move down to Falkirk and finally get decent internets!

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

I've applied for two courses at the Falkirk campus of the Forth Valley College. 

I applied for a Games Development course and a HND Computing:Technical Support (Includes Microsoft Certification)

Hoping to get in, so i can move down to Falkirk and finally get decent internets!

If you end up doing Games Dev, UWS in Paisley has Bachelors Degree in Games Dev as well, and if youve already done it in college you would easily get into uni to do it. Just a thought for the future.

I got accepted to the Aerospace program at Ryerson University (Toronto, Canada). I'm so excited to be in it and start my career in, what is in my opinion, the most epic career pathway (space tech).

Wow, that sounds awesome. I would love to do something involving space....i just may lack certain brain power to do so. :D Well done on being accepted!

If you end up doing Games Dev, UWS in Paisley has Bachelors Degree in Games Dev as well, and if youve already done it in college you would easily get into uni to do it. Just a thought for the future.

Thanks for that! It's just an NC, because the NC lvl 6 was full. But i've got family down in paisley, and i know my way around that gloomy old place! Rent should be cheap too, which is great.

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Just a reminder that Education is a business too. Also my suggestion to you is if you are interested in doing something, do it. Do not wait for the uni to teach you because they will teach you very little. Explore what you like most. You will have a lot of free time to do that. and people are partying a lot in the uni.

Thanks for that! It's just an NC, because the NC lvl 6 was full. But i've got family down in paisley, and i know my way around that gloomy old place! Rent should be cheap too, which is great.

No bother man, i did a quick search to find the links:

http://www.uws.ac.uk/special_3_years/computer_games_development/

http://www.uws.ac.uk/special_3_years/computer_games_technology/

Yea a few of my mates live in Seedhill (4-5 min walk to the cenitoph/piazza/gilmour st station) and their rent is hella cheap.

No bother man, i did a quick search to find the links:

http://www.uws.ac.uk/special_3_years/computer_games_development/

http://www.uws.ac.uk/special_3_years/computer_games_technology/

Yea a few of my mates live in Seedhill (4-5 min walk to the cenitoph/piazza/gilmour st station) and their rent is hella cheap.

If it's one thing that you can say is good about Paisley, is that it's a great place to live if you don't have much to spend on rent.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

No, but I'm going to a WoW party for my 5th year of being in the guild.

I'm doing my finals right now, then I'm going to University of Toronto or Waterloo for engineering.

I'm starting uni this year and was wondering if anyone else was and if so where? (i think in the USA it's called a college?)  I'm either going to Lancaster or Essex :)

we call them universities to either one we understand as nothing else is a university in america

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

I'm doing computer science too! Doing my computing coursework now, its due in for Tuesday :(

Whats your coursework project about?