ULTIMATE AMD Kaveri Value PC Computer "How To" Build Guide

Would anyone here recommend doing an ITX build With kaveri? Tempted to do a prodigy build with the a10 or do I go prodigy m and go matx?

Ehhh, not really tbh, or at least not for gaming. I'd personally use it for a htpc though. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Ehhh, not really tbh, or at least not for gaming. I'd personally use it for a htpc though. 

Going to use it for both HTPC and light gaming say BF4 an hour a month lol

Going to use it for both HTPC and light gaming say BF4 an hour a month lol

Seems pretty good then :P

Only other option is an i3 itx which is 50 more

Would be nice alright. Especially if you're adding a GPU anyway.

Would be nice alright. Especially if you're adding a GPU anyway.

Would this be better than an A10?

Would this be better than an A10?

To be honest im not sure exactly how much it would be. I'm having trouble finding exact comparisons. Make a post in the builds and planning section of the Cpu and motherboards one.

People will be happy to answer you, I don't know enough to give you a definite answer!

Although having thought about it again. The a10 should serve you well :)

• 3 months later...

so my budget didnt allow me to buy the ssd ,video card or the win 8 os and was gonna install linux until i could but i have a seagate barracuda 7200.10 (250 gb) hdd with windows 7 installed from another desktop.
can i use that along with the wd 1tb hd ? somebody told me i had to install the used hdd first and i would be ok but this is my first build and not sure 100% what im doing here
 can anybody help me out? hope i explained my situation right. do i install both hd at the same time? any paticular order? since win 7 is installed on the 250 gb hd once i install it in the case and connect it it should boot right up right?

• 2 years later...
11 minutes ago, ScubaSteve404 said:

whats a good overlocking chipset for the A8-7650K??

I would make a dedicated thread.

You just necro'd a 2 year old thread.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

• 1 year later...

Hey Linus I know that this build is nearly four years old at this point, but I noticed that some parts were out of stock on the links you provided in the YouTube video description for this specific build, I'm not necessarily sure where to look and what to look for when it comes to motherboards because I've been wanting to build a system like this for a little while but most of the stuff I find is overseas and not necessarily 100% trustworthy. I was wondering if you could do me a favor and possibly get new sources sometimes, or do a revision of this build on your YouTube channel, which I think would help out a lot of other people as well when it comes to budget gaming, especially since people are probably grasping more of an interest in PC gaming since the release of the RTX cards

3 minutes ago, Ethan Lewis said:

Hey Linus I know that this build is nearly four years old at this point, but I noticed that some parts were out of stock on the links you provided in the YouTube video description for this specific build, I'm not necessarily sure where to look and what to look for when it comes to motherboards because I've been wanting to build a system like this for a little while but most of the stuff I find is overseas and not necessarily 100% trustworthy. I was wondering if you could do me a favor and possibly get new sources sometimes, or do a revision of this build on your YouTube channel, which I think would help out a lot of other people as well when it comes to budget gaming, especially since people are probably grasping more of an interest in PC gaming since the release of the RTX cards

On 20/07/2017 at 3:27 AM, Sylvie05 said:

You just necro'd a 2 year old thread.

history repeats itself

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB