Bell Fibe

Banana_Molester

hi guys i have a bell fibe modem/router and i want to know if a can install a better router and how to install it if i can. 

If the bell router has an Ethernet port, then by connection a new wireless router to it and following the on screen instructions, you should be able to setup a new one.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Is the modem a cobo ? I.E. Router and fiber in one, or do you have a fiber modem witch goes to the router ?

"There's no test like production!"

Is the modem a cobo ? I.E. Router and fiber in one, or do you have a fiber modem witch goes to the router ?

I'm pretty sure its a combo unit.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

I would say its not tbh because most fiber installs use a fiber modem but if they have hacked them together its really stupid and looks like they're trying to stop there  users from changing the HW.  Can you take a picture or grab one from google and show the modem / router.

There is an ethernet wire that goes out from the "Black Box" from Bell that goes into your computer. Simply use that wire and plug it in your own router in the WAN port.

Then, you can use another wire from your router to you computer.

Any of the Lan 1-4 Ports on your "black box" will work.

**Do not touch the Red Ethernet Cable which is plugged in the Red WAN ETH Port**

image02Bil.jpg

Main : Intel I5-750 - Asus P7P55D Pro - 16Go Corsair XMS3 1600MHz (4x4) -  Sapphire Radeon HD 7870

Server Lab : ESXi 5.1 - AMD FX8320 - Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 - 32 Go Crucial Ballistix Tactical 1600MHz (4x8) - Asus Radeon HD5450 1Go - 2x Intel PRO/1000 PT Dual Port NICs

There is an ethernet wire that goes out from the "Black Box" from Bell that goes into your computer. Simply use that wire and plug it in your own router in the WAN port.

Then, you can use another wire from your router to you computer.

Any of the Lan 1-4 Ports on your "black box" will work.

**Do not touch the Red Ethernet Cable which is plugged in the Red WAN ETH Port**

image02Bil.jpg

FYI that's not a  a fiber modem/combo

I would say its not tbh because most fiber installs use a fiber modem but if they have hacked them together its really stupid and looks like they're trying to stop there users from changing the HW. Can you take a picture or grab one from google and show the modem / router.

http://support.bell.ca/_web/Internet/Guides/100208_FibeRG_EN.pdf

Combo unit.

15" MBP TB

my tv signal come from that modem so i don't know if i can change it :S

my tv signal come from that modem so i don't know if i can change it :S

Can you take a picture of the setup and of the ports it would make it a lot easier to tell you yes or no

I want OP to post an image not, some one posting a Fiber reference guide also none of the devices in that guide are combos in the guide there is a modem and a cisco linksys.

Facepalm, it's still a combo unit. And it never refers to two different things, It talks of one modem.

15" MBP TB

OP, what you can do is buy any wireless router, than plug into one of the available Ethernet ports, follow what the manual or on screen instructions say, then either disable the WiFI on the combo unit, or put it in bridge mode.

15" MBP TB

Thats VDSL FYI not fiber so its a combo VDSL/Router wish you said that in the first place..

i said fibe not fiber

i said fibe not fiber

Sorry some people on here don't spell check so you have to think what are they asking. "fibe is some hip way of saying  fiber "