post-7799-0-15770800-1396323878.png

In my personal - somewhat obsessive - quest to find the world’s most perfect headphones, I have come back around to clearly one of the most famous headphone designs of all time, the beats by Dr. Dre Studio.  For those of you who are blissfully unaware, Dr. Dre is a once-famous and often overlooked super-genius of the modern hip-hop world who produced works in the early 90’s before finding ways to make even more money in producing without having to carry a tune, rhyme, or whatever it is a rapper actually does.  His other major passion, however, is hi-fi audio reproduction – specifically, speakers.  Fortunately for Dr. Dre, his good friend Jimmy Lovine was even smarter and got him to try designing headphones instead.  The pair’s amazing engineering collaboration led to this sleek, stylish masterpiece that is the envy of poor white millennials the nation over (Monster? Who’s that?).  So, take this moment to gather your jealousness my poor friends, for I am the new proud owner of this piece of audio nirvana.  I’ll have you know they’re everything you think they can be, and more.

Build quality is excellent.  Plush pads are soft on your head and the headphones are extremely light.  Lovine and Dre must have made a deal with the devil for such a super-light material that looks exactly like cheap plastic and aluminum but appears unbreakable.  The headband is padded and comfortable on your head.  There are no screws and the headband snaps with a tepid click.  I’m sure I could wear these forever and never knew I had them on.  Also, they’re very comfortable around your neck unlike the albatross that is the Audeze LCD-2.

Let’s get to the important part now.  The sound quality is what makes a Beats by Dre a Beats by Dre.  You feel the beats through your whole body, unlike other headphones where you feel nothing but regret for not buying Beats by Dre.  The high notes come through loud and clear, without sibilance or timbre.  The mid-range is well balanced and subdued.  What’s that you say?  You heard white noise when nothing is playing?  That’s clearly the soundtrack of your life played in reverse, just like the artist hears it when he’s mixing the track in the studio.  It’s almost as if the noise canceling feature is possessed by the great Dr. Dre himself.

Overall I think no conclusion is necessary.  If you don’t own the Beat by Dre Studios yet, you should consider that you’ve never heard any of your music correctly and that only this headphone will make any of it worth your time.  In that way, $300 is a small price to pay for audio exceptionalism.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

I would pay double or triple that price!!!

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

I have a full on man crush for Dr. Dre

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

Howcome yours look different? 

QxqYoPR.jpg

should i RMA?

OP you should call up support, I highly suspect yours might be counterfeit 

That is amazing..

I love you!

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Howcome yours look different? 

QxqYoPR.jpg

should i RMA?

OP you should call up support, I highly suspect yours might be counterfeit and not mine.

I bought mine from a reputable source.  I'm led to believe that the beats by dre have 30% less root vegetables this version.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

I bought mine from a reputable source.  I'm led to believe that the beats by dre have 30% less root vegetables this version.

Well, ok.

I'm honestly conflicted though. I'm very willing to believe you,

It's just that most up to date logo gave me a different impression.

NHFX3a4.jpg?1

(knew I'd find a use for this one day)

Error: 410

Uh...OK, if you like the signature sound made by Beats cans, more power to you.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

Good one. ;) I bet that actually would fool a lot of people.

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

As I read that, I almost thought you were serious... Then I looked at the date, gg mate

Arc Midi R2 | ASUS M5A97r2.0 | AMD FX-8350 | EVGA GTX 780 FTW Edition | Corsair Vengeance 8gb | Corsair RM650w Gold | H100i Cooler | 128gb Samsung SSD | 2tb Seagate Barracuda | 3tb Seagate External

Peripherals: 23" Samsung SyncMaster2333 | Acer 27" 1080p | Corsair Vengenance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Logitech G602 | Razer Megalodon Headset | Vespula Gaming Pad

*slow clap*

i opened this expecting either:

• reviewer hating the headphones
  • forum hating the reviewer

but then I remember the date. Don't you know april fools is the 31st in the linus media group?

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

so much drama in the LBC

@ShearMe sup dood

@OP lol'd

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

HAHAHAHAHA Good april fools

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

That was kind a funny :) i knew this review would be something to do with trolling, when i saw h264 was reviewing them :P

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

OK so

079Slowpoke.png

April Fools!

The real scoop on these headphones is simply that I have never been so disappointed in a headphone.  It actually SOUNDS GOOD, but the hiss that the noise canceling portion puts off destroys that entire concept.  What a shame, but really, the first thing anybody ever asks me when I show them one of my fancy headphones is: "does it have noise canceling?" So that's not going away anytime soon.

It actually SOUNDS GOOD, but 

Interestingly enough, I've read a few accounts of people making comparisons and claiming the counterfeit versions actually sounded a bit better in some cases

but then again I think it was on Headfi

Error: 410

Interestingly enough, I've read a few accounts of people making comparisons and claiming the counterfeit versions actually sounded a bit better in some cases

but then again I think it was on Headfi

Technically the Noontec Zoros are a cheap knockoff but they aren't a counterfeit.

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

attachicon.gifbeats.png

In my personal - somewhat obsessive - quest to find the world’s most perfect headphones, I have come back around to clearly one of the most famous headphone designs of all time, the beats by Dr. Dre Studio.  For those of you who are blissfully unaware, Dr. Dre is a once-famous and often overlooked super-genius of the modern hip-hop world who produced works in the early 90’s before finding ways to make even more money in producing without having to carry a tune, rhyme, or whatever it is a rapper actually does.  His other major passion, however, is hi-fi audio reproduction – specifically, speakers.  Fortunately for Dr. Dre, his good friend Jimmy Lovine was even smarter and got him to try designing headphones instead.  The pair’s amazing engineering collaboration led to this sleek, stylish masterpiece that is the envy of poor white millennials the nation over (Monster? Who’s that?).  So, take this moment to gather your jealousness my poor friends, for I am the new proud owner of this piece of audio nirvana.  I’ll have you know they’re everything you think they can be, and more.

Recognize the two in the picture below? Father-son duo Noel and Kevin Lee are the engineers responsible for formulating, manufacturing, and shaping the sound you and millions of others enjoy by way of Beats by Dr. Dre. (and Jimmy Iovine, hereby known as Mr. Chairman Rekording Engineer of all things Interscopical.)

Also, this intro was written in Comic Sans to demonstrate the lack of design Beats claimed Monster failed to bring to the table. Yet it was not design they were lacking; they simply didn't market and license their product to musicians and artists on their own. Instead they chose to trust in Mr. Chairman Rekording Engineer of all things Interscopical and Dr. Dre, failing to create a properly IP contract and thus lost to a pair with more money and lawyers.

18drb4pnw7atpjpg.jpg

What I'm about to tell you is not to rain on the parade that is Beats audio, nor is it to put down anyone's opinion on audio equipment. I respect whatever choice you make in terms of what sounds good to your ears, so please don't take this as any kind of downing or gripe towards Beats.

Dr. Dre and Mr. Chairman Rekording Engineer of all things Interscopical did NOT create Beats Audio, nor did they engineer the sound. What they did do is probably one of the most successful marketing campaigns of all time in getting one of the "best bad ideas in gadget history" of all time. Monster Audio, under father-son duo Noel and Kevin Lee, has been "making things for your ears since 1979" including those over hyped (and priced) cables and power regulator bars for home theatres, all in the premise that "your music doesn't sound as good as it could." Unfortunately, the deal that Monster secured with Beats left the Lees completely dry in terms of patents and ownership - they were merely referred to as suppliers or partners from there-on-out. "[Mr. Chairman Rekording Engineer of all things Interscopical] and Dre's side of Beats would retain permanent ownership of everything that Monster developed."

Beat By Dre: The Exclusive Inside Story of How Monster Lost the World

I'm not going to rewrite the article here; I mean, that would be very time consuming, not to mention plagiarism and all that copyright nonsense, so head on over to Gizmodo to read the full article. (And yes, I aware that lots of what Gawker media posts is... questionable. 

So, Monster, a company that screws people over by selling overpriced cables, got screwed over by Dr. Dre, et. all, on the overpriced headphones they screw people over on? Sounds about right.

OK so

079Slowpoke.png

April Fools!

The real scoop on these headphones is simply that I have never been so disappointed in a headphone.  It actually SOUNDS GOOD, but the hiss that the noise canceling portion puts off destroys that entire concept.  What a shame, but really, the first thing anybody ever asks me when I show them one of my fancy headphones is: "does it have noise canceling?" So that's not going away anytime soon.

Oh my goodness. Well now, this might cause quite a stir. :D

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

i tested my cousins dr dre beats. I listened to some normal music. I took em off right away. they sound like im listening music through a tin can!!

Id rather buy Sennheisers 598s over any dr.dre beets!

Amd fx-8320 oc 4.1ghz, 8gb ram, gtx 780ti 3gb, 240gb ssd, 1.5tb hdd,