My computer turns itself on by itself

Go to solution Solved by Sack,

I found the culprit, it's all Asus's fault. There's a part of the AI-suit that's called USB-charger+, it's supposed to charge stuff while the computer is turned off/sleep/hibernate. Uninstalled it no more problems.

Thanks for all the help guys :)

So yesterday, my computer turned itself on at night, and this morning I discovered it had done the same thing again. The only thing that I can think of is the fact that yesterday daylight saving kicked in here.

Could my MB have gone insane because of this? :S

Specs list:

-Asus maximus VI formula

-Intel 4770k

-Samsung EVO 128 GB

-Seagate 1 TB

-Corsair AX 760i

-Corsair H100i

-Asus 780 DC2 OC

are the cases power headers properly connected?

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

its....... self aware

my pc does this also but i dont care :P

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

@Sack dude, lemme guess, you have ai suite installed? its that fuking ai suite 3 shit. i had the same problem (and others mind you) because of that buggy yet useful program. uninstall all of its feature and itself then in the install menu only install the dual intelligent proccessor 4 part as the the part you really only need i.e. fan controller etc. i wish it worked with everything but it fuks up everything ans also made my pc trun off then restart, sometimes after i shut it down it would just turn back on like yours in the middle of the night, uninstall that and see if it does it because im pretty certain its that. and after i had uninstalled it everything was gone and fine. so i took the chance by only installing DIP4 and its all good. hope this helps. good luck.

maybe @qwertywarrior you have the same problem as me? do u have ai suite 3? if so im guessing its that for u too.

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

Have you any history of the parts inside the computer? Its maybe possessed!

but you can always check about connectors see if any of them is loose. after i use the pc in the middle of the night i unplug it to save "Power"

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

check some auto start programs such as windows media center, i had the same issue,i had to turn off my PSU to stop it :P until i found the media center update thingy

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

So yesterday, my computer turned itself on at night, and this morning I discovered it had done the same thing again. The only thing that I can think of is the fact that yesterday daylight saving kicked in here.

Specs list:

-Asus maximus VI formula

-Intel 4770k

-Samsung EVO 128 GB

-Seagate 1 TB

-Corsair AX 760i

-Corsair H100i

-Asus 780 DC2 OC

Relax, It's the dawn of AI. It's just your PC becoming self aware. You will be assimilated into the singularity. Resistance is futile. 

Specs list:

-Asus maximus VI formula

-Intel 4770k

-Samsung EVO 128 GB

-Seagate 1 TB

-Corsair AX 760i

-Corsair H100i

-Asus 780 DC2 OC

Why has nobody guessed this solution yet?

It's the boot from network option on the computer. It should be somewhere in the BIOS.

99% of the time someone complains about computers turning on randomly that is the issue in question. 

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Please consult your local holy person to perform an exorcism or sacred ritual to banish bad spirits, Failing which throw the offending computer into the nearest pool (herin known as the mythical pond of the pretty blue smoke).

Ok check your bios settings, make sure Wake on Lan is not enabled or basically anything that could or sounds like it might turn on your pc from an outside source. also check that there is no funny connection with your power supply even the mains cable can be an issue so make sure it is all plugged in securely. 

Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate Wants you! Join now!

UOLTT Basop | Misc Freelancer & Origin M50

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

-Groucho Marx

Yea try turning off the wake on lan and wake on usb and stuff....there are a whole bunch of options similar to these

And there is also the option for what to do in case of a power failure......it has 3 options....
1. always on

2. last state

3. stay off

keep in on last state and if the problem remains the same....switch to stay off

@Sack dude, lemme guess, you have ai suite installed? its that fuking ai suite 3 shit. i had the same problem (and others mind you) because of that buggy yet useful program. uninstall all of its feature and itself then in the install menu only install the dual intelligent proccessor 4 part as the the part you really only need i.e. fan controller etc. i wish it worked with everything but it fuks up everything ans also made my pc trun off then restart, sometimes after i shut it down it would just turn back on like yours in the middle of the night, uninstall that and see if it does it because im pretty certain its that. and after i had uninstalled it everything was gone and fine. so i took the chance by only installing DIP4 and its all good. hope this helps. good luck.

maybe @qwertywarrior you have the same problem as me? do u have ai suite 3? if so im guessing its that for u too.

it's not that, just tried uninstalling all of the Asus related software, and turn it off. Came back just now and it's back on.

Why has nobody guessed this solution yet?

It's the boot from network option on the computer. It should be somewhere in the BIOS.

99% of the time someone complains about computers turning on randomly that is the issue in question. 

Why should this be an issue, it's been months since I completed my desktop, and it only started yesterday night after daylight savings kicked in :S

However I'm gonna check the settings just to be sure :S

Why should this be an issue, it's been months since I completed my desktop, and it only started yesterday night after daylight savings kicked in :S

However I'm gonna check the settings just to be sure :S

That might be the issue as something else on your network might be asking your computer politely to wake the hell up and do some stuff! It could be a process started on another computer or some program or simply because it wants to... might be aliens. Simply if you need the functionality of being able to wake your computer from another computer leave it on and have a ghostly computer if not turn it off and see if it fixes the issue.

Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate Wants you! Join now!

UOLTT Basop | Misc Freelancer & Origin M50

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

-Groucho Marx

Specs list:

-Asus maximus VI formula

-Intel 4770k

-Samsung EVO 128 GB

-Seagate 1 TB

-Corsair AX 760i

-Corsair H100i

-Asus 780 DC2 OC

Which OS are u using...???

I used to have this same issue, found out it was Windows wake timers.

These can be disabled in the Power options, go to "change plan settings", then go to "Change advanced power settings", and in the window that pops us go to Sleep>Allow wake timers and change both to disabled

Make sure you do it to all the power  plans, or at lest the one you plan on using most of the time

Hope this helps :)

ITS SKYNET PEOPLE!!!!

------------------------------------------------------I HAZ SHINY----------------------------------------------------------

I found the culprit, it's all Asus's fault. There's a part of the AI-suit that's called USB-charger+, it's supposed to charge stuff while the computer is turned off/sleep/hibernate. Uninstalled it no more problems.

Thanks for all the help guys :)

• 3 years later...
On 3/31/2014 at 10:25 AM, RenegadeAI said:

I used to have this same issue, found out it was Windows wake timers.

These can be disabled in the Power options, go to "change plan settings", then go to "Change advanced power settings", and in the window that pops us go to Sleep>Allow wake timers and change both to disabled

Make sure you do it to all the power  plans, or at lest the one you plan on using most of the time

Hope this helps :)

I just wanted to verify that this worked for me.. This did start because of AI Suit 3, but this resolution fixed the issues.. My computer doesn't wake up on it's own anymore after shutdown or hibernation is started.