Server Case

Hikaru12

So I was thinking about building my own server case out of wood and I've got a basic plan in mind but now I'm thinking about cable management. Since it's out of wood cable management is going to important to not restrict the airflow any further. My question to you guys is if I'm hooking up 20HDD's, is there a way to consolidate all the SATA cables and data cables into one master hub or something so I can feed it out to my PSU. I'm just picturing one of those PCB's that Norco uses in their cases with a SAS output cable or something.

Thanks in advance.

This guy packed 8 HDDs into a tiny box, you might want to use some of his tricks. (SATA power was an interesting one). 

Also, are you thinking something similar to a rack-mount or a completely custom form-factor?

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

This guy packed 8 HDDs into a tiny box, you might want to use some of his tricks. (SATA power was an interesting one). 

Also, are you thinking something similar to a rack-mount or a completely custom form-factor?

Yea it would be a rackmount. I'm thinking something like a long rectangular box with appropiate ventilation with intersecting 2 x 4's. The issue comes with securing the HDD's as I want them mounted vertically. But that's a topic for another time.

You can always ziptie a bunch of cables to make one really thick one.

You can always ziptie a bunch of cables to make one really thick one.

Lol, well that might work but I was just wondering if there was a SAS breakout cable or something or if I would need a custom PCB to accomplish this.