Windows 8 ¿Should or Shouldn't? ¿Best or worse?

TheBLOODYTOXIC

Well i am kinda curiously because, i still have my Windows 7 64bit (i just installed). I Wanna know how is your experience with the new Windows 8

I went days ago to bestbuy and i walked to the pc's section and start meesing around and i felt that is faster (booting, opening program) even with the core i3,

Metro, humm i think is useless but very pretty (haha) and pretty much it covered its

Let me know how is exp with Windows 8

My experience with Windows 8 was very good, all drivers worked, even the ones without dedicated windows 8 versions.

You are right with it being quicker, basically with everything because it's all Windows 7 optimizations. I've noticed it more with boot times than programs opening quicker, as that's not really operating system dependent.

My advice on upgrading: Should upgrade, assuming you're ok with using Metro. Plus, you can bring the start menu back if you miss it so much.

| CPU: Intel i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz 1.26v | GPU: AMD R9 290X @ 1090MHz |

| RAM: 2x4GB Samsung Green @ 2133MHz OC |

| PSU: Corsair RM850 | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 | 

Its okay but win7 is just more convenient.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

I bought windows 8 at the 39.99 price point and installed it. Well, 2 days later I was back to win 7. I think it comes down to driver and hardware support at this point. I was having SO many issues with games, sound card, usb 3.0 and various other things that I just went back. In my opinion, unless you really want a touch based experience, there is no need. The whole 'xbox live' thing is more of a gimmick than a true perk. The only saving grace I saw with windows 8 was the built in storage options. The Windows 8 OS basically has a software raid controller built in that is extremely easy to use, and from my experience works well. Other than that, I didn't see one thing that would have made me live with multiple games not working, my sound drivers not totally working, usb 3.0 not working, and numerous other little stupid things that would make me live with it.

I do own a win 8 serial, but it will be a LONG time before I try that mess again. I had lengthy support chats with Origin/EA and others about it, and they basically told me that compatibility just isn't there yet.

Well the Win 8 boots really fast and has a lot of nice features, but i would advise you on waiting. Im getting some random freezes , display drivers not working properly and i know it's software related. Go with win 7 for now and wait a few more months. As said before compatibility just isn't there yet.

Steam: gray_fox_br

If you share your computer with your parents or grandparents then dont because it will take them a while to get used to it. But if you dont then definitely upgrade because it is much faster.