Galactus - Video Editing/Gaming Machine

First and foremost:

Reasoning

I originally had settled and was really looking forward to an i5-4670k, a gtx 770 build. Seemed great, but then I realized for a little more I could get something that I will need in the future, an i7-4770k for video editing, a 780ti for gaming/editing and pushing high resolutions, in the future I will SLI two of them and attempt to push 4K. Any opinions should take into account this logic.

The Build

post-56187-0-60589800-1396013506_thumb.j

post-56187-0-66605200-1396013521_thumb.j

post-56187-0-28168500-1396013535.jpg

Any and all opinions on changes, mods, hacks should have a reasonable explanation to prove your point. Thanks for giving your opinion.

You will not need the thermal compound as the NH-D14 has very good thermal compound included

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

I have almost the same PC in an mATX case and I love it. You said you were going to be doing some editing so I guess if you need the optical drive, then go nuts.

Have fun with her. 

//ccap

Thanks everyone, I had hoped it was great. It took me a LOT of time to come up with it.

Why a green drive and such a large ssd?

Why a high frequency TN instead of a better looking IPS panel?

The 780 Ti is a bad value. I'd suggest getting a 780 or 290 instead.

The NH-D14 comes with good paste. No need for aftermarket.

What kind of videos are you editing? What for? Programs being used?

Is the optical drive really necessary?

Why the full version of 8.1 instead of oem?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Why a green drive and such a large ssd?

Why a high frequency TN instead of a better looking IPS panel?

The 780 Ti is a bad value. I'd suggest getting a 780 or 290 instead.

The NH-D14 comes with good paste. No need for aftermarket.

What kind of videos are you editing? What for? Programs being used?

Is the optical drive really necessary?

Why the full version of 8.1 instead of oem?

1. I wanted the quietest mechanical drive and lots of storage, if you got something better then show me.

2. Find what you say in 144 Hz at that price and I'm sold.

3.That's just the parts list, I am getting my 780ti at the price of a 780, no bad value there.

4. This is for using on other builds and if/when my Noctua paste runs out.

5. After Effects, intros and short movies. Maybe some gaming commentary. Basically all the Adobe Suite.

6. Yes, I will use CD's but would much more prefer a Bluray Drive (with software), if you can find one please do refer me to it.

7. I like warranty and help, also it won't be tied down to my mobo and I get to choose between 32-bit or 64-bit for like 5 bucks more. Why not?

1. I wanted the quietest mechanical drive and lots of storage, if you got something better then show me.

2. Find what you say in 144 Hz at that price and I'm sold.

3.That's just the parts list, I am getting my 780ti at the price of a 780, no bad value there.

4. This is for using on other builds and if/when my Noctua paste runs out.

5. After Effects, intros and short movies. Maybe some gaming commentary. Basically all the Adobe Suite.

6. Yes, I will use CD's but would much more prefer a Bluray Drive (with software), if you can find one please do refer me to it.

7. I like warranty and help, also it won't be tied down to my mobo and I get to choose between 32-bit or 64-bit for like 5 bucks more. Why not?

2. Such IPS panels don't exist. IPS physically can't switch that many times. You didn't answer the question.. 

3. Where are you getting a 780 Ti for the price for a 780?

4. How many systems do you plan to build? The tube of NH-T1 that comes with the heatsink is pretty hefty.

5. So just gameplay videos?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

2. Such IPS panels don't exist. IPS physically can't switch that many times. You didn't answer the question.. 

3. Where are you getting a 780 Ti for the price for a 780?

4. How many systems do you plan to build? The tube of NH-T1 that comes with the heatsink is pretty hefty.

5. So just gameplay videos?

I require a high refresh rate monitor to keep up with the FPS I get, if there are no other alternatives, then I'm stuck with a TN. Local merchant, many systems. and lastly answer the HDD question please, no not just gameplay videos, special effects like explosions, etc. similar to Freddiew, Corridor Digital, at a much lower quality though.

I require a high refresh rate monitor to keep up with the FPS I get, if there are no other alternatives, then I'm stuck with a TN. Local merchant, many systems. and lastly answer the HDD question please, no not just gameplay videos, special effects like explosions, etc. similar to Freddiew, Corridor Digital, at a much lower quality though.

What question..?

What question..?

you: Why a green drive and such a large ssd?

me: I wanted the quietest mechanical drive and lots of storage, if you got something better then show me.

Got something better?

you: Why a green drive and such a large ssd?

me: I wanted the quietest mechanical drive and lots of storage, if you got something better then show me.

Got something better?

Oh. That wasn't a question..  :mellow:

Better in what aspect? It doesn't really get both quiet and better without spending more than I'd consider practical for your uses.