[AMD] Display Driver Removal

Hello, 

This is a result of an idea I just thought, and is something I think would be rather useful here in this subforum. My idea is this:

A kind of "database" for how-tos or resources related to drivers and general system maintenance. What I see a lot of in toubleshooting is "did you remove the drivers?". To a lot of us, this is a trivial task as we've done it a 100 times. But to others, if its not a one button click and go, they're lost (no fault of theirs, most people shouldn't *have* to remove drivers often). So what I'd like to have is either a single thread or a series of threads started by any of you with guides on how to properly do them, or links to existing resources that may be hard to find. While I understand that telling someone to go look it up on google can teach them, sometimes it just frustrates them because I also a see a lot of "well i searched all day on google but nothing I did worked" kind of posts. So I'd like to take some of the searching out of the equation, and replace it with more solutions. 

A thread of this kind should be titled like this:

[Manufacturer] + Relevant piece of hardware or software component + Desired Task ..... This will make it easier to find and categorize the threads. (This isn't relevant if condensed to a single thread).

Take the title of this thread for example: [Amd](Manufacturer) Display Driver[product or software component) Removal(desired task). The body of the post or thread starter should be simple if just a link to a resource, and as simple as possible if full blown how-to or guide. 

<-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

Here's a link to a really good guide I've found to properly remove AMD display drivers, and prevent the "CCC wont start" issues caused sometimes when running just the uninstaller for AMD Drivers:

http://www.overclock.net/t/988215/how-to-properly-uninstall-ati-amd-software-drivers-for-graphics-cards

I've linked it before, but its kind of an older thread over there so it may be hard to find. Figured I'd save at least one person the trouble unistalling caued me. 

Good idea? Yey or Ney? 

I am whatever I am. 

Not sure if you've actually read the thread or just the first post but it contains a link to this tool, http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/ - which works very very well.

OP was in 2011(updated in July 2013) and the post to which you refer(assuming it was this one: posted last month (Feb 2014). I literally just copied and pasted this from my bookmarks when I started this thread. I haven't had to mess with drivers since January, so haven't had a reason to re-read the thread or its posts. And assuming someone who's looking to solve a problem related to drivers reads the thread, or at least skips to the halfway point and reads from there, they would have come across DDU anyways. Also, DDU seems pretty new, and even says on the download page "DDU should be considered a beta". So I'm not really sure how many people are comfortable using beta software to remove (possibly) beta drivers. Its like robots building robots, sooner or later bad things happen. 

I am whatever I am.