How much are you willing to "overpay" for Sennheisers PC360 , 363D and G4ME ONE

hahnn

Hello! I'm trying to get one of the better headphones than my previous crappy Razer ones , grown tired out of gaming companies and their gaming products. Anyway , How much would you guys are willing to overpay for models listed in the title. I've done quite a bit of research and found out its basically using the same drivers as HD558 and just slapped on with a mic. I'm not really an audiophile or what not , as I'm quite okay with the crappy Razer ones , since it's spoilt I wanted to get one of the better sounding headphones preferable with a mic , thats why I've rounded things up to those options from Sennheisers only since there are a lot of great reviews about it. Pretty sure if I get it , i'll be pretty please with it. Only thing bugging me now is the overpricing of the products.

Do note that the place I'm at now , is quite difficult to find products such as Sennheisers , AKG , ATH and so on. Very very scarce , the only authorised online seller for Senns here is selling the above mentioned headphones quite expensively , PC 360 for 331.46USD , PC 363D for 371.19USD and the G4ME One cost 276.27USD , HD558 costing lesser for 242USD. Bare in mind that all of the prices are converted from MYR to USD via Google converter. Quite overpriced as compared when i've seen in Amazon :(

Oh and also , I'm a very avid gamer , mostly FPS games.  If all else fails , I might just have to settle in for the "Gaming" headphones that's available anywhere , Siberia V2 Frost for about 151.33USD :(

Thanks a lot in advance for your advises ! :)

Just get HD558s and a separate mic if it's that overpriced. :P

Personally I'd only pay $30 at most over HD558s for any of those models. 

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

According to these two websites...

http://www.shopbot.com.au/pp-sennheiser-pc-360-price-247712.html

http://www.shopbot.com.au/pp-sennheiser-hd-558-price-288826.html

... that might actually be fine provided you can get it at $229.99 AUD or less. Anything more is not worth it.

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

The PC 350SE are very nice i've had mine for awhile and love them. I got them for about $150 not to bad. 

Just get HD558s and a separate mic if it's that overpriced. :P

Personally I'd only pay $30 at most over HD558s for any of those models. 

I've actually thought of that , maybe with a modmic thing? But as always , it's not what we can get off the shelves in where I live and shipping from overseas could cost quite a lot and also tbh , never did any shippings before lol :x Or probably i could just use my Razer headphones as the mic , hanging around my neck , not sure if its comfortable or not though , your thoughts?

The PC 350SE are very nice i've had mine for awhile and love them. I got them for about $150 not to bad. 

Is it the one with closed back? Prefer opened back one though , however , not to mention it's still quite over priced here too :(

... that might actually be fine provided you can get it at $229.99 AUD or less. Anything more is not worth it.

Hmm , the HD558 is plausible , but not for the PC360. But imagine yourself in my shoes , do you think its worth the extra for the "rarity" availability of the headphones locally? Tempted to give those a try.

I'd also just get some 558's if they cost less, and a separate mic. I wouldn't pay as much as they are where you are (Malaysia?). 

Erm , yep , located in Malaysia. Separate mic sound great actually , if only there are people who import the modmic here , which sounds quite amazing. One of the reasons I preferred the Sennheisers Gaming oriented headphones was how amazing they sound on the mic , for a headphone , that is. :P

Hmm , the HD558 is plausible , but not for the PC360. But imagine yourself in my shoes , do you think its worth the extra for the "rarity" availability of the headphones locally? Tempted to give those a try.

I don't know which one you're trying to say is more rare, but either option really works depending on what you can get. If you can't get something like, say, Sennheiser HD 598 or HD 558 and a decent microphone, then the PC 360 is fine assuming you don't actually pay $300 AUD for it. If you do, buy the HD 558s or even the HD 598s with a microphone; any will do, even on a webcam. You don't even have to buy any of those options, there are other headphones if availability is a problem.

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

I've actually thought of that , maybe with a modmic thing? But as always , it's not what we can get off the shelves in where I live and shipping from overseas could cost quite a lot and also tbh , never did any shippings before lol :x Or probably i could just use my Razer headphones as the mic , hanging around my neck , not sure if its comfortable or not though , your thoughts?

I guess you could just use your Razer headset around your neck but that sounds awfully uncomfortable. :P

See if you can find any desk microphones in your stores or a lapel or clip-on microphone.

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

Okay , I've decided , I might as well just use my current Razer headphones as the mic. So either these is a good option? ATH M50X or the HD558? Playing FPS games mostly by the way , and some music while gaming too. But it seems that this soundstage thing is quite a big deal among the FPS gamers? No idea what that is though , audio positioning? Anyway the M50x costs quite reasonable actually at 198.85USD. 

Okay , I've decided , I might as well just use my current Razer headphones as the mic. So either these is a good option? ATH M50X or the HD558? Playing FPS games mostly by the way , and some music while gaming too. But it seems that this soundstage thing is quite a big deal among the FPS gamers? No idea what that is though , audio positioning? Anyway the M50x costs quite reasonable actually at 198.85USD. 

M50x are a horrible value unless they're available for like 120$. They are closed, which makes the soundstage narrow, and the M50 has an extremely narrow soundstage, it's horribad for FPS gaming, I prefer my PC360's (which are very similar to HD558) for gaming, as their soundstage is pretty wide. yes, soundstage is positional audio, and environmental immersion, if you catch my drift. for example: I watched The Wolf of Wall Street with my PC360's, and the wide soundstage really immersed me into the movie, it sounded great. 

ShearMe just recommended those Pioneers which also are great. 

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

Thanks for the recommendation~!

M50x are a horrible value unless they're available for like 120$. They are closed, which makes the soundstage narrow, and the M50 has an extremely narrow soundstage, it's horribad for FPS gaming, I prefer my PC360's (which are very similar to HD558) for gaming, as their soundstage is pretty wide. yes, soundstage is positional audio, and environmental immersion, if you catch my drift. for example: I watched The Wolf of Wall Street with my PC360's, and the wide soundstage really immersed me into the movie, it sounded great. 

ShearMe just recommended those Pioneers which also are great. 

Erm  , how much improvement do you think that I'll get from getting the HD558? The Razer headphones that I'm currently using is already quite satisfactory for me , just curious on the improvements thta i'll be getting lol :P Thanks a lot btw

I would double check your prices. They seem a little high..............

Those are quoted and converted straight from MYR to USD pricing. Pricing are from the "only" authorized reseller here in Malaysia. Yes , it sucks. So most of it are quite overpriced here. The HDd558s cost about 230.70USD here. Which is reasonable? No idea about hte pricing over there lol.

Those are quoted and converted straight from MYR to USD pricing. Pricing are from the "only" authorized reseller here in Malaysia. Yes , it sucks. So most of it are quite overpriced here. The HDd558s cost about 230.70USD here. Which is reasonable? No idea about hte pricing over there lol.

Ahh okay. That makes more sense. I was a little confused there for a moment. Sorry. 

Worship the Lord GabeN for he is your one true god!!!!

The Lord's Prayer

Nah PC360 are $166 in the US man. 

Edit:

Hello! I'm trying to get one of the better headphones than my previous crappy Razer ones , grown tired out of gaming companies and their gaming products. Anyway , How much would you guys are willing to overpay for models listed in the title. I've done quite a bit of research and found out its basically using the same drivers as HD558 and just slapped on with a mic. I'm not really an audiophile or what not , as I'm quite okay with the crappy Razer ones , since it's spoilt I wanted to get one of the better sounding headphones preferable with a mic , thats why I've rounded things up to those options from Sennheisers only since there are a lot of great reviews about it. Pretty sure if I get it , i'll be pretty please with it. Only thing bugging me now is the overpricing of the products.

Do note that the place I'm at now , is quite difficult to find products such as Sennheisers , AKG , ATH and so on. Very very scarce , the only authorised online seller for Senns here is selling the above mentioned headphones quite expensively , PC 360 for 331.46USD , PC 363D for 371.19USD and the G4ME One cost 276.27USD , HD558 costing lesser for 242USD. Bare in mind that all of the prices are converted from MYR to USD via Google converter. Quite overpriced as compared when i've seen in Amazon  :(

Oh and also , I'm a very avid gamer , mostly FPS games.  If all else fails , I might just have to settle in for the "Gaming" headphones that's available anywhere , Siberia V2 Frost for about 151.33USD  :(

Thanks a lot in advance for your advises !  :)

the G4ME One would be the best value out of that bunch. They're selling for $190 on Newegg right now in the US. I wouldn't bother with the 558 and separate mic because that would cost more than the G4ME One

Nah PC360 are $166 in the US man. 

Edit:

the G4ME One would be the best value out of that bunch. They're selling for $190 on Newegg right now in the US. I wouldn't bother with the 558 and separate mic because that would cost more than the G4ME One

Hmm , well , yeah , that is if i'm living in the US , i would have just get them lol , here in Malaysia we don't have stuffs like these off the shelves where we can just pick one up easily. The only authorized online reseller here is charging quite expensively here for PC360 , 363D and the G4ME ONE , unfortunately :( So , I think the HD558 and the current headphone mic should be sufficient i guess. Since it's light enough to just hangover my neck just to use the mic lol. Thanks a lot for the advices though!

Why not check amazon globals shipping estimate / deposit, then do some research into import laws for example if you have to pay VAT upon import if they're that over priced? Could also look into getting something used

Hmm , well , yeah , that is if i'm living in the US , i would have just get them lol , here in Malaysia we don't have stuffs like these off the shelves where we can just pick one up easily. The only authorized online reseller here is charging quite expensively here for PC360 , 363D and the G4ME ONE , unfortunately :( So , I think the HD558 and the current headphone mic should be sufficient i guess. Since it's light enough to just hangover my neck just to use the mic lol. Thanks a lot for the advices though!

I say spend the extra $30 because it's not much of a difference in price from the HD558. The overpriced part is the 558 not upgrading from the 558 to the G4ME One. The headset would be a better value. 

Malaysia? Can you find Takstar Pro80 / audio-technica AD700/AD700X and Zalman ZM-MIC1? I think is not too hard to find that at South East Asia (btw, I'm from Indonesia)

I like my headphone and desktop mic combo personally.  Not using a headset mic again.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Hmm , I've just placed an order for the HD558s yesterday , should arrive on Monday , hopefully everything works out alright , since it's my first time getting stuff online lol.

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm , I've just placed an order for the HD558s yesterday , should arrive on Monday , hopefully everything works out alright , since it's my first time getting stuff online lol.

kinda late to say, u should take a visit at lyn.net

some dt880 are cheap over there

im from my

MehRepublic, on 15 Apr 2014 - 7:18 PM, said:

im from my

I agree. There's also sellers like Jaben,Stars Picker Enterprise,DAViS and few others 'audio enthusiasts' which sells/import audio stuffs.

im from my

I agree. There's also sellers like Jaben,Stars Picker Enterprise,DAViS and few others 'audio enthusiasts' which sells/import audio stuffs.

Ahh , sorry for not updating the thread , I've gotten for the HD558s from Davis for a few weeks already and loving it lol , not really used to the soundstage at first but slowly it's been great. Only "flaw" is that i need a mic for fps gaming sessions and have to hang the previous headset over my neck , can be quite warm after some periods of time :( 

I've even thought of dissembling my previous headset and get the mic out or something lol. Anyway , do let me know if there's any Zalman clip on mic selling around LYN though , couldn't find it :(