What song are you listening to right now.

killers993

Won't you take a ride on heavy metal?

Spoiler

RIGZ

Spoiler

Starlight (Current): AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core CPU | EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Black Edition | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra | Full Custom Loop | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 1TB + 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSDs, 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD, 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | EVGA NU Audio | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair ML120 2-pack 5x + ML140 2-pack

The Storm (Retired): Intel Core i7-5930K | Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Asus ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 | EKWB EK-KIT P360 with Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport 480 | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD + 3TB 5400 RPM NAS HDD + 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i + Black/Blue CableMod cables | Corsair ML120 2-pack 2x + NB-BlackSilentPro PL-2 x3

STRONK COOLZ 9000

Spoiler

EK-Quantum Momentum X570 Aorus Master monoblock | EK-FC RTX 2080 + Ti Classic RGB Waterblock and Backplate | EK-XRES 140 D5 PWM Pump/Res Combo | 2x Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 480 MP and 1x SR2 240 MP | 10X Corsair ML120 PWM fans | A mixture of EK-KIT fittings and EK-Torque STC fittings and adapters | Mayhems 10/13mm clear tubing | Mayhems X1 Eco UV Blue coolant | Bitspower G1/4 Temperature Probe Fitting

DESK TOIS

Spoiler

Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard | Glorious Model D Featherweight Mouse | 2x BenQ PD3200Q 32" 1440p IPS displays + BenQ BL3200PT 32" 1440p VA display | Mackie ProFX10v3 USB Mixer + Marantz MPM-1000 Mic | Sennheiser HD 598 SE Headphones | 2x ADAM Audio T5V 5" Powered Studio Monitors + ADAM Audio T10S Powered Studio Subwoofer | Logitech G920 Driving Force Steering Wheel and Pedal Kit + Driving Force Shifter | Logitech C922x 720p 60FPS Webcam | Xbox One Wireless Controller

QUOTES

Spoiler

"So because they didn't give you the results you want, they're biased? You realize that makes you biased, right?" - @App4that

"Brand loyalty/fanboyism is stupid." - Unknown person on these forums

"Assuming kills" - @Moondrelor

"That's not to say that Nvidia is always better, or that AMD isn't worth owning. But the fact remains that this forum is AMD biased." - @App4that

"I'd imagine there's exceptions to this trend - but just going on mine and my acquaintances' purchase history, we've found that budget cards often require you to turn off certain features to get slick performance, even though those technologies are previous gen and should be having a negligible impact" - ace42

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440 

Apologies for so many quotes in advance - I don't revisit this thread as often as I should, so I end up picking up where I left off every single time. This means 15 pages of reviewing wonderful (and some not-so-wonderful) tracks from you guys. Without further ado, my thoughts on the tracks that caught my ear are below.

On 6/17/2019 at 4:47 PM, captain_to_fire said:

On 8/26/2019 at 1:00 AM, captain_to_fire said:

Mmm Train is one of those bands where people know their one-hit-wonders, but their lyrical creativity really shines through in their lesser known songs.

On 6/18/2019 at 7:00 PM, Crunchy Dragon said:

I knew I had heard this already, but couldn't quite put my finger on where - DIAMANTE is on Spotify's Heavy Queens playlist. If you use Spotify @Crunchy Dragon you probably already have this saved, but if not, give it a listen. ?

On 6/21/2019 at 4:54 AM, MEC-777 said:

Oh Ashley, everytime I hear you all I can think of is the heroin running through Matt's veins. :( Hopefully he was able to kick that habbit so you won't need to write his death song. :S 

On 6/22/2019 at 8:10 PM, cliffordwilcu said:

I've been catching up on one of my most favourite artists Sarta Jarosz and the band 'I'm With Her'.

And here I was thinking this was a COVER SONG since I heard it 3-4 years ago. Feels bad, cause now I have to fix this by listening to EVERYTHING. ❤️ 

On 6/23/2019 at 12:16 PM, TheDelphiDude said:

But then the version of the official live recording from Amsterdam that same year.

The day we lose Peter will be a sad day, but at the same time, a day to celebrate his legacy alongside Genesis, Phil Collins, and the Newman family.

On 6/27/2019 at 11:43 PM, Quadriplegic said:

And how about some deathstepcountrydjentsurfcore?

Please let me off this train at the next stop. My mind cannot handle the geforce of this particular track. ?

On 6/29/2019 at 2:21 AM, FarAwayFromTheSun said:

Joel is the only troll this world needs. May he live a long and prosperous life. Oh, and QUIT SMOKING while you still can!

On 7/18/2019 at 9:32 PM, lewdicrous said:

If you like Aurora @lewdicrous I highly recommend checking out Sigrid, Allie X, and Anna of the North. Album below has some of the same vocal vibe, although is a bit faster paced than the Aurora song above.

On 8/9/2019 at 12:59 AM, Radioactive Snowman said:

Although I'm not a huge fan of Simon & Garfunkel or Disturbed, David's rendition of The Sound of Silence sends chills down my spine, and really rounds off Immortalized to the point where I enjoyed the entire album.

On 8/15/2019 at 11:38 PM, captain_to_fire said:

It's been quite some time since I've been in the mood for Chrissy ❤️ Thanks for this one!

On 8/17/2019 at 11:54 PM, BiG StroOnZ said:

I always forget the complete and utter shit-show of garbage that was The Bloodhound Gang - I mean this as a compliment, because their songs really do crack me up.

On 8/24/2019 at 12:41 AM, Cora_Lie said:

BIG FEELS from a time when hip-hop & rap meant more to me than flashy jump-cut video tracks with auto-tuned mumbling. I miss the peas.

On 9/22/2019 at 9:57 AM, mariushm said:

Spotify recently served up Unleash The Archers' cover of Stan Rogers Northwest Passage song in one of my playlists a couple weeks ago. The first 2 minutes showcase Brittney's vocals until the song drops right into our regularly scheduled metal prowess. And they're from Victoria, BC to boot!

Oh right, and now a track from me, because it wouldn't be a What Song Are You Listening To thread without sharing. This bouncin' plain as fudge dance track (complete with typical clap snares & predictable drops) came up on a super secret custom Spotify playlist I don't know if I'm allowed to talk about... So I'll just say thanks to Paul!

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

16 minutes ago, kirashi said:

Mmm Train is one of those bands where people know their one-hit-wonders, but their lyrical creativity really shines through in their lesser known songs.

"Marry Me" is one of those songs I'd like to hear playing on the day of my wedding... assuming I ever get married

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

4 hours ago, MEC-777 said:

Musics connoisseur selection-desu~~~

Spoiler

kisspng-monocle-gentleman-glasses-top-ha

Had the song since 99/2k, not sure where I picked it up (alternative addiction, napster, mIRC or a dozen other places).  Never could find out where to buy it, till now; 'googling' for it back then was fruitless.  Apparently was released on "Edgefest 99" of all damn things.  I was actually shocked/pissed, until I saw the other tracks on the compilation and realized I own the original discs for 90% of the contributing artists in it(edgefest'99) and was like... "Oh; I might have opted not to buy it back then anyways" ... so... yea.

[/end story of near Tolkien'esk lvl epicness]

Cliffs of Gallipoli.

† 

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
    That mark our place; and in the sky
    The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
    Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
        In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
    The torch; be yours to hold it high.
    If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
        In Flanders fields.

Cry havoc and let slip the Togs of war.  (Signature V3)

If you want me to reply, tag me @Tog Driver, Or quote me.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
‭‭II Corinthians‬ ‭13:14

8 hours ago, MoonSpot said:

Had the song since 99/2k, not sure where I picked it up (alternative addiction, napster, mIRC or a dozen other places).  Never could find out where to buy it, till now; 'googling' for it back then was fruitless.  Apparently was released on "Edgefest 99" of all damn things.  I was actually shocked/pissed, until I saw the other tracks on the compilation and realized I own the original discs for 90% of the contributing artists in it(edgefest'99) and was like... "Oh; I might have opted not to buy it back then anyways" ... so... yea.

[/end story of near Tolkien'esk lvl epicness]

Love Big Wreck. They're definitely on my "greatest bands of all time" list. :)

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

On 10/6/2019 at 11:49 AM, kirashi said:

Please let me off this train at the next stop. My mind cannot handle the geforce of this particular track. ?

That makes me sad.... I know the perfect song for this moment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLz54rWO2xM

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

9 hours ago, captain_to_fire said:

Hey @Crunchy Dragon, how’s life? I don’t know. It’s alright...

https://youtu.be/fnlJw9H0xAM?t=117

Man, he’s lit imo. 

He's also on tour at the moment.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

So I finally tripped over some of the Final Fantasy 7 Remake coverage.  Actually looks good, but so did FF13 which I didn't care for beyond the battle system.  At least with FF7 I've confidence in the story being good(unlike ff13), however I can easily see the presentation getting foobared.  Either pacing, sprite charm or any number of 'moments' getting lost in translation for the remake. 

What I am most interested in at this point is the music though.  Am curious if its member-berries or straight up objective, but I gotta say a lot of the original tracks sound better than what I've heard from the remakes coverage I've seen.  Not that they're bad by any means, just that I like the OG a bit more.
There's a lot they get right and it does seem like they're making a bunch of variations trying to 'nail it'

... yet it often feels like the energy/climax drops out just a moment too early in the remade tune, that there is too much going on audio wise when you don't want/need it, and that it doesn't hit high and/or low enough on key notes; all missing by slivers feeling like chasms.  Leaving me feeling ike wife whos man gets off a bit too early bringing her close but doesn't finish the job.  Like its a crime to hold a note for more than the briefest of moments suddenly.

Will be interesting to see what the eleven-teen yr olds of this generation who jump into the remake 1st then hear the OG take away from it as I am sure I've more than a few biases at play here.

Specs

CPU: R5 1600

GPU : EVGA RTX 2060 XC

RAM: Crucial Ballistix sport 8GB 2400Mhz

MB: GIgabyte AB350M

Storage: x1 Saamsung 850 evo 256GB SSD x1 Toshiba P300 3TB HDD

PSU: EVGA 750 B2

Case: Apevia X-Sniper2-BL

Laptops T430,T440p