SSD speed's

K1ngofportal

Hey guys i just bought an OCZ Agility 3 SSD ive updated the firmware and for some reason i dont feel like its running as good as it should he is a speed test that i just did no more them 3 mins ago from this post. now idk if there is a differences from 3g's SATA cord to a 6g's SATA any feed back would be much help!!! ty

post-18073-0-63363900-1367675137.jpg 

It has support for SATA 3, so you should have it in SATA 3 for the best performance.

its plug in it my 6g's connection i just dont know if the cord is a 6g's and if that would make a differences

its plug in it my 6g's connection i just dont know if the cord is a 6g's and if that would make a differences

You have to make sure the wire you're using is also SATA 3 6GB/s capable :)

Join the LinusTechTips Star Citizen Org :D ~ https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT

You have to make sure the wire you're using is also SATA 3 6GB/s capable :) it says its Sata 3 6 Gbp/s 

yeah it says its Sata 3 6 Gbp/s :D

Go into the bios and make sure it's running in AHCI mode.

already have.. O.o

That is way below how it should be performing. Get in contact with OCZ customer support and see if it's a firmware problem?

yeah it says its Sata 3 6 Gbp/s :D

Need of a sata 3 cable 

Yeah, they are SATA 3 cables, and that drive is slower than what it should be getting on SATA 2 too. Any luck getting in contact with OCZ support, OP?

Just an FYI, there is no difference between a SATA2 and SATA3 cable.

What are you running in your system? I have seen reports of the 3rd party Marvel Controllers on Z77 and X79 motherboards being pretty poor performers giving out near SATA II speeds on what are supposedly SATA III ports. 

Here's approximately what you should be getting by the way; http://www.ssdreview.com/review/compare/ocz-vertex-3-120gb-25-inch-206/

What are you running in your system? I have seen reports of the 3rd party Marvel Controllers on Z77 and X79 motherboards being pretty poor performers giving out near SATA II speeds on what are supposedly SATA III ports. 

Here's approximately what you should be getting by the way; http://www.ssdreview.com/review/compare/ocz-vertex-3-120gb-25-inch-206/

here is my system hardware

cpu: AMD FX 8120 OC to 4.0ghz

Motherboard: MSI 970A-G46

Ram: Vengeance 8g 1600mhz

video: evga 550ti

HDD/SDD: Seagate Barracuda 500g 7200rpm/ OCZ agility 3 120g

my seagate gets about 111mb/s and its running on the SATA 3

here is my system hardware

cpu: AMD FX 8120 OC to 4.0ghz

Motherboard: MSI 970A-G46

Ram: Vengeance 8g 1600mhz

video: evga 550ti

HDD/SDD: Seagate Barracuda 500g 7200rpm/ OCZ agility 3 120g

my seagate gets about 111mb/s and its running on the SATA 3

Strange. I would definitely pay close attention to what OCZ say. You may just be unlucky.. 

Strange. I would definitely pay close attention to what OCZ say. You may just be unlucky.. 

unlucky is right haha they said my speed are normal and that there just ware they should be..... 

here is the link to the from that i open with them.http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/forum/showthread.php?110648-Agility-3-speed-s-seem-slow

it doesnt matter if your running that drive of sata 3 or sata 2. it doesnt have the bandwidth to overload the sata and cause a bottleneck(although the spec sheet says it does). so its unlikely to be because your running in sata 2 or 3.

these drive are pretty poor in general. they have a lot of RMA's and as a result ocz have EOL'd the whole line.

the best thing to do is remove any hdd's in the system and boot into bios with just the ssd connected. turn off all powersaving features like c1/c2 and so on including cool and quiet if you have it.

then boot off a windows cd. select the ssd and delete the existing partition. restart the pc. this time when you boot off the windows disk dont partition the drive or select more options just click next when asked what drive you want to use. windows will then pick the best settings for the ssd and create a new partition with the correct block size.

in fact im gonna now cut and paste 

PS. Please do not partition with SSD or Click more option in format section. Just click next.
Window 7 will give best option for SSD. Good thing that you have extra HDD lol

now after install Windows 7

Before update or install any driver please there are few things to turn it off.

Using SSD Tweaker is best (free one also doing really great)

In Service tap please disable Search and superfatch.

Disable auto defrag.

Disable any prefatch in regedit.

1. run "regedit";
2. goto [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management\PrefetchParameters\EnablePrefetcher];
3. Set the value to either 0-Disable.

this is will disable prefatch.

Please know that TRIM options are auto enable by Windows 7 therefore this step can be skip.

open CMD as admin

and type this option into it.

fsutil behavior set disable8dot3 1
fsutil behavior set disablelastaccess 1

powercfg -h off

disable paging file.

please reboot your pc

and install windows 7 update + driver you need.

DO NOT UPDATE your AHCI driver unless your SSD is Intel.

please reboot your pc.

props to andywok78 over on toms for this.

Rig: Intel i7 920 D0 @3.5 | gtx970 | 12 gig Balistix 1333 @ 8-8-8-24 | 2x1TB Spinpoint F3 Raid 0 | 1TB Spinpoint F3 |samsung 840 evo|  Thermaltake 850w Tp |

Xfi extreme gamer | Antec 902

Peripherals: Samsung syncmaster 2494hs @1920/1080 - 60Hz | Q-pad MK85 | g502 | Razor Destructor | Logitech G930 | Logitech 3D pro xtreme | 360 pad | Nitro Wheel

HEXiT thank you i will try this for sure!!!! and keep you up to date once im done falling all of it.

Update after following HEXiT there seems to be no difference at all..... post pic soon!

What Hexit said won't help with your issue at all. The things quoted disable windows functions such as hibernation and the paging file without which many programs won't run even if you have enough RAM. 

OCZ is correct, your ATTO screenshot http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=30362&d=1367845551 shows that your SSD is performing as it should be with sequential reads and writes around 500MB/s and there is nothing to worry about. AS SSD uses uncompressible data which your drive is slower at and your results are exactly what you should be getting. 

Also what Hexit said about SATA is incorrect, Your SSD achieves around 500MB/s sequential in ATTO which is equal to 4Gb/s (8 bits in a byte), which is well over SATA 2 spec, since SATA 2 is 3Gb/s burst and around 2.5Gb/s sustained. However, once again you have nothing to worry about as your SSD is running in SATA 3 mode.