Titan Z Information for school project?

ViruZ_HUN

Hello!

I still dont know many things about GPUs.

In school we have a project to write a newspaper about anything, i chose to write about the new Titan Z.

this is what i want to know:

1. What is teraflops and what is it Usen for?

2. What is VRAM, and what is it Usen for? (well i know that Vram is the GPus memory but i want to know more and what it is usen for)

3. Why is it better to have higher clock on the memory? what programs do the higher speed Memory help in?

4. Whats the cons and advantages with dual GPUs?

5. What is 5k? is it 1080p * 5 = 5k?, or?

6. Is there anything more i shoud have in the newpaper about GPU?, are they any more info about a GPU that i need to know and have in the newspaper for the school project?

I know google is my friend, i am searching myself. 

If you are a GPU engineer or just know very much about GPUs, please answer if you like to:D

Thx!

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

1. The amount of teraflops is the number of floating point calculations a GPU can perform per second multiplied by 10^9. So a GPU that is 1 teraflop can perform 1 trillion floating point operations per second. 

2. VRAM is used to store the frames when they are drawn by the GPU. 

3. It allows the GPU to write to the VRAM at a higher speed. 

4. Advantage - better performance, disadvantages - less than linear scaling, excessive heat production, excessive power consumption

5. 5k? You mean 4k?

My Personal Rig - AMD 3970X | ASUS sTRX4-Pro | RTX 2080 Super | 64GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 | CoolerMaster H500P Mesh

My Wife's Rig - AMD 3900X | MSI B450I Gaming | 5500 XT 4GB | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 | Silverstone SG13 White

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

1. The amount of teraflops is the number of floating point calculations a GPU can perform per second multiplied by 10^9. So a GPU that is 1 teraflop can perform 1 trillion floating point operations per second. 

4. Advantage - better performance, disadvantages - less than linear scaling, excessive heat production, excessive power consumption

5. 5k? You mean 4k?

Thx!

In Nvidia live show yesterday they said 5k.

I want more explaination on 1 and 2 , i mean which programs/apps use much Vram or what program teraflops is usen for!

What do you mean by if i have higehr memory clock it allows to write at higher speed?, does it give more FPS in games or?

But i am very glad that you answered:) thx for spending some time to help me!

<3

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

5. 5k? You mean 4k?

5. No, atleast where I read the it said 5k and it looked like a quote, Here it is, straight from PCgamer (ill link the article) "next-generation 5K and multi-monitor gaming".

Article: http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/03/25/nvidia-announce-geforce-gtx-titan-z-brings-12gb-vram-for-3000/

So I can put anything here?

ALso what is Bits doing?

I mean why is higher bit better in GPUs?

Like 780 TI have 384 bits? whats the advantages?

Thx for the answers yet, it helps me alot!

Your great fellows!

Also what is Texture units? whats the advantages?

What is rops?

Whats the advantages of Cudacores?, more is better?, why?

What is FP64?

What is transisitors and what does it do?

I know i have alot of questions:/

Also what is Texture units? whats the advantages?

What is rops?

Whats the advantages of Cudacores?, more is better?, why?

What is FP64?

What is transisitors and what does it do?

I know i have alot of questions:/

Google knows the answer

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016