I would love to see it finished.

This is a reminder.

This is also a bump.

It has been more than a few weeks...

Have you abandoned the idea?

I would love to see it finished.

This is a reminder.

This is also a bump.

I have definitely not abandoned the idea. One reason why there have not been further developments is that I'm still developing the idea in my head (I'm mostly working out how this is all going to be secured to the frame/stand. Another is that watercooling/modding upgrades to my personal rig are of more importance atm. Also, I plan on doing the CAD drawings in school as a final project for my CAD class and I'm waiting for next gen parts to be released so I can get a working design going. The main reason for this, is my horrible procrastination. I promise this thing will be designed and funded by the end of 2015 and completely built by summer 2016! Maybe even sooner!

bah, 2 (ish) years. I WANT IT DONE NOW.

bah, 2 (ish) years. I WANT IT DONE NOW.

ok....

One other thing: I have never attempted anything close to this before. I have zero modding and watercooling experience which is why I'm doing that type of stuff to my personal rig first before attempting this. This is not a matter of slapping some parts in a case and cutting some holes in it. This is pretty much chopping up the iMac's shell and hoping I'll manage to make something that does not break when I first assemble it. 

I will definitely get it done in under 2 years though so there's that.

• 4 weeks later...

I WANT IT DONE NOW.

I know I came too late, but ^^

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Dam this iMac specs are better than my previous PC.

I was waiting for an iMac case mod for so long, but WATERCOOLING!?! That is some next level shit right here!Can't wait for it to be finished

It's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!

I was waiting for an iMac case mod for so long, but WATERCOOLING!?! That is some next level shit right here!Can't wait for it to be finished

Actually, as far as I know, this is the first iMac thing that is watercooled.

A Bit of an Update on the Whole Thing and Stuff.

I'm thinking of abandoning the whole iMac part. Don't worry, the final build will be an all in one computer with watercooling that does resemble the iMac that I was going to use. Instead of going through the process of chopping up the case, making sure it is strong enough to hold all of the parts, finding a monitor that best fits the build, etc. I was thinking of building the case from scratch instead. It would be a ton easier to design (in Inventor ofc). and build and give me more room to make mistakes as a the result of my general lack of experience with working with plastic. Also, this would allow the design to be much more versatile. I could easily make it VESA mountable and use as big or small of a monitor as I want! Due to this massive change in design, I'm considering creating a new thread as the only part of the iMac that may be used will be the stand (I really like it) and the whole beginning bit about the teardown would be kinda irrelevant.

Anyway, feel free to share any ideas you have about what I should do going forward!