Does tubing size matter, and what's the best

slick and Linus actually discussed this in the most recent after-party..  I'm not sure at what point it was mentioned though.

My Meme Proudly Featured on the Live-Stream: http://prodigydoo.com/ImageStorage/memes/linus-meme-6.jpg
Some Threads You Should Get involved in: Linus and Slick Memes     Youtubers on the LTT Forum      The List of Tech YouTubers (Contribute!)      Disable AdBlock for Linus (Guide)

As long as it's " Advanced LRT " from Primochill you should be good. The Pro tubing had some plasticizing issues.

According to the guy who runs the SingularityComputers channel @ Youtube : ID 1/4" OD 3/4" (ID 10mm OD 19mm) is the "best" for flowrate, aesthetics and easiest to manage. He seems to be pretty good at what he does, which is building watercooled computers... so...

You mean 1/2" ID? 

It's probably best for flow rate to a degree, but the actual difference between it and 3/8" or 5/16" is really not that significant. 1/4" ID is supposedly pretty bad, though. The only issue there is with 3/4" OD tubes is that the compression fittings get pretty large which can cause some things not to fit. The Swiftech Apogee XT had to have a movable inlet to allow people to use compression fittings for thick tubes.

You mean 1/2" ID? 

It's probably best for flow rate to a degree, but the actual difference between it and 3/8" or 5/16" is really not that significant. 1/4" ID is supposedly pretty bad, though. The only issue there is with 3/4" OD tubes is that the compression fittings get pretty large which can cause some things not to fit. The Swiftech Apogee XT had to have a movable inlet to allow people to use compression fittings for thick tubes.

I actually just quoted the guy on the channel I was talking about. (Meaning I heard wrong.)

Looking at most fittings there's no 1/4" so you're probably right :P