Facebook To Buy Oculus Rift For $2 Billion

Gunzkewl

Zuu111 nothing that was said and shared with Kickstarter supporters makes me feel any better about this. Heck what they said makes me want to be sick as it basically says gaming is second in the grand scheme of things for Oculus and that is not what I want.

Fair enough... but I still WANT to keep my fingers crossed, just in case... and probably ignore all evidence to contrary!

If Facebook doesn't ruin it, the influx of cash will definitely speed up development.

Yeah and if I'm lucky I'll win the lotto.

Very unlikely 'if' in both cases.

I thought carmack was truly a revolutionary. Turns out he's just like everyone else; a sell out. Just his price might have been bigger

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

Why would Oculus sell for $2 billion? If they kept with the game I believed they couldn't been worth a lot more down the road. It's odd to me.

"Did I request thee, Maker, from my clay

To mould Me man? Did I solicit thee

From darkness to promote me?" —John MiltonParadise Lost (X.743–5)

This news is upsetting, now all the Facebook tech illiterate people will be like " Zuckerberg invented the first virtual reality occlusion vr" like all those apple fan boys.

Rip Oculus

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

Palmer, I will continue to support Oculus, BUT: by jimmysaint13in oculus

[–]palmerluckey 31 points

1 hour ago 

If I ever need a Facebook account to use or develop for the Rift, I'm done. You will not need a Facebook account to use or develop for the Rift.

If I ever see Facebook branding on anything that's not optional, I'm done. Not really reasonable in a literal sense, but I get your drift.

If I ever see ads on anything that I've already paid for, I'm done. That is a developer decision, not our decision. If someone wants to sell a game with built-in ads, they will have to deal with the natural consequences.

My Pc Gaming Rig (Blue Blackhawk) Specs: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/V88U

Faceboculush*t ...

My new name for the product. Do you like it?

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

You guys are taking this way out of proportion

You guys are taking this way out of proportion

No I am not and I am allowed to cheer for an alternative now in VR. I would much rather give Sony or someone else my money. Oculus Rift can die for all I care.

well, well fuck

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

What would be a smart thing for people to do is cancel their DK2 orders and tell Facebook to pay for the research and development. Tell them if they want their new toy to go play with it but not on the consumer's dime. Seriously people cancel your Dk2 orders!

em .. the DK never was intended for consumers anyway, but for developers who want to make money of supporting oculus rift ...

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

No I am not and I am allowed to cheer for an alternative now in VR. I would much rather give Sony or someone else my money. Oculus Rift can die for all I care.

That's the definition of out of proportion.

You were always allowed to cheer for someone else, and this isn't that big of a deal.

Will it Blend? ... Oculus Rift ...

I asked for it to happen in the comments and on their Facebook page. Hopefully we will see it happen soon.

Why does facebook want to be the next google or apple? Can't they just stick with social media... 

FUCK YOU FACEBOOK!

steve-carrell-office.gif

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

Why does facebook want to be the next google or apple? Can't they just stick with social media...

Can't they just stick with social media and eventually have it die and they lose every penny?

It was too good to be true anyway.

*sigh*

This just ruined my already horrible week.

I try to stay away from Facebook as much as I can and they just clamp onto the few things I like in this world.  :(

So many things I could write here... things like this.