Facebook To Buy Oculus Rift For $2 Billion

Gunzkewl

Individually stopping using Facebook won't change anything. We need some proper organisation ! I would like Linus to mobilise the community via small videos from him and all other tech youtubers to all deactivate Facebook our accounts in the same time. That way, if there is a lot of us, we can at least make a point, and maybe we will show up on their radar. And at least facebook will lose some of the revenue that they make on us, however insignificantly small amount may that be.  

It would be truly inspiring if the Gaming and Tech online communities came out in force against this move. People are extremely powerful if they act together, it's just a shame that often there is this mindset that, my voice alone means nothing. You're right that people like the LTT team (and other prominent YouTubers) are in a position that could help mobilise the community, and I would urge them to take some proactive action.

Meh... Has Facebook screwed up Instagram yet? Has Facebook screwed up Whatsapp yet? Will they screw up Oculus? Nope. End of discussion. Or I hope they don't....

Dammit. We'll just have to ask Valve nicely. 

I don't know if it'll work... T.T

GOKGYTT.gif

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Looks like all of our kick starter money has gone down the toilet. Why can't Facebook just die in a fire or crawl under a rock and die? And who agreed to this deal? What idiot at oculus thought this would be a good idea? "Let's sell all of our hard work to Facebook. Everyone loves Facebook, so why not sell it to them?"

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

ISWt3qP.jpg

game facebook, good game.
Not only have you managed to support a huge influx of crappy mobile games to PC, but now you have also crushed our dreams of a proper, puke free VR experience.

My only hope is that our gaming experience won't be covered in ads. (Or any in fact)

Cpt.Doom Reporting in!

And I was barely even interested in Oculus Rift at the best of times. Now I couldn't care any less.

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

Anybody know if they have bought them yet ?

game facebook, good game.

Not only have you managed to support a huge influx of crappy mobile games to PC, but now you have also crushed our dreams of a proper, puke free VR experience.

My only hope is that our gaming experience won't be covered in ads. (Or any in fact)

Then i suggest that you refrain from having a look at my previous post in this thread :/  SuckBerg himself pretty much confirmed ads...

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Isn't it always ?

:D

Of course!, but I could see this being 2 hours of Linus and Slick ranting and possibly crying... in a storm trooper costume.. I'm kidding of course, but it would be funny to start the stream that way.

Today a part of me died... Unless a miracle happens and Facebook just 'leaves it alone and throws money at it' we're screwed :(

R.I.P Oculus VR, it will be sad if you don't join my Nerd Cave... #ihopeimwrong

Jerry (aka. Barnacules)

Barnacules Nerdgasm  B) 

[YouTube] [Twitter] [Facebook]

Break-up songs anyone? I'm listening to katy perry "the one that got away" *on the top forty's with linus woo!* (still listen to things other than mainstream, depending if i like) I think it fits the topic perfectly. I know I know, I always sort of go off topic but hey, tried to link to topic : ) I'm just really sad right now. Ads confirmed.

Hell no! What the hell Facebook. I quit you last year. I dont want you in NY life aby more!

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

Break-up songs anyone? I'm listening to katy perry "the one that got away" *on the top forty's with linus woo!* (still listen to things other than mainstream, depending if i like) I think it fits the topic perfectly. I know I know, I always sort of go off topic but hey, tried to link to topic : ) I'm just really sad right now. Ads confirmed.

This is the song of choice for me..

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Slick gonna be pissed. 
___

Was seriously considering buying a Oculus, not anymore, Facebook just ruined it for me. Wonder how Oculus PR will respond to the negativity. 

Well I won't be buying one any more.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090