Steam Error Code 118

Slater

Hey there guys, i don't know what is causing this but on basically a daily basis, the steam community will fail to load within the steam client or in my web browser (firefox). I keep getting error 118 in the steam client and as for the web browser i get something along the lines of the site timing out or something. Restarting my router doesn't fix it either...i've also tried restarting steam to see if it was just the client causing issues but it wasn't.

This has been happening to me for the past week or so and its getting quite annoying, so if anybody has a solution or is also experiencing similar problems please let me know!

Blue Nebula = CPU: Intel i7 4770K @Stock || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 || RAM: 16GB 1600Mhz Corsair Vengeance LP || GPU: EVGA GTX 780Ti Superclocked @Stock || Mobo: Asus ROG Maximus VI Hero || SSD: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro || HDD: 4x2TB WD Black in Raid10 || PSU: Corsair AX1200i || Case: Coolermaster HAF 932 Advanced || Keyboard: Corsair K70 (MX Blues) || Mouse: Corsair M95 || Mousepad: Razer Goliathus 2013 Extended Speed || Monitors: Eizo Foris FS2333 + Old Samsung monitor || Headset: Beyerdynamic MMX2 || =>My Youtube Gaming Channel<= || =>My Twitch.tv Channel<=

Can you ping www.steampowered.com and check if the IP address is correct? Try to reset your router instead of just restarting it. And if you have a modem connected to the router, disconnect it and use the network cable to connect your PC directly to the modem so we can identify if the problem is coming from your router or if it comes from Steam. For more information, see http://www.techyv.com/questions/steam-error-code-118-issue

I had this issue quite a bit for one day this past week and yet I had no issues with my internet viewing other sites and so on. If you checked Steam message boards you would see many people are not happy with them lately so it would not surprise me if it is on their end and not yours.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

yeah i had a feeling that it might be the steam servers though i'm not sure if its a daily occurence for everyone. So far for the past 2 weeks or something its been a daily occurence to me and is quite frustrating. I'll try some of the things peter says but i have my doubts that they will solve the issue. I might try also disabling steam limiter to see if that's what is causing it. In case you don't know what steam limiter is, it's a program that limits what servers steam can download from. Basically forcing steam to download only from servers that provide unmetered downloads (in other words they don't count towards our monthly download quota).

Blue Nebula = CPU: Intel i7 4770K @Stock || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 || RAM: 16GB 1600Mhz Corsair Vengeance LP || GPU: EVGA GTX 780Ti Superclocked @Stock || Mobo: Asus ROG Maximus VI Hero || SSD: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro || HDD: 4x2TB WD Black in Raid10 || PSU: Corsair AX1200i || Case: Coolermaster HAF 932 Advanced || Keyboard: Corsair K70 (MX Blues) || Mouse: Corsair M95 || Mousepad: Razer Goliathus 2013 Extended Speed || Monitors: Eizo Foris FS2333 + Old Samsung monitor || Headset: Beyerdynamic MMX2 || =>My Youtube Gaming Channel<= || =>My Twitch.tv Channel<=