I've never seen a problem like this and I'm lost trying to figure it out

cnapier39428

OK so 4 days ago I got my new MSI 780ti in and installed it. I immediately went and found a decent stable over clock of 1183mhz and the overclock has been working fine. I've been playing games, running benchmarks etc. I set a custom fan profile and the card doesn't touch 60°. Well about an hour ago it clocked itself down to 549mhz. I didn't change any settings or anything. Well now no matter what I put my sliders on it stays at 549. I've tried reinstalling precision and using afterburner. I have no idea why its doing this or how to fix it. Is there anyone that can help?

Is that at idle? Some cards do that to save power, or is it at that no matter the load?

if thats in load then you really have an issue

"I've been mad for fucking years, absolutely years, I've been over the edge for yonks..."

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us are...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

"There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark."

OK so 4 days ago I got my new MSI 780ti in and installed it. I immediately went and found a decent stable over clock of 1183mhz and the overclock has been working fine. I've been playing games, running benchmarks etc. I set a custom fan profile and the card doesn't touch 60°. Well about an hour ago it clocked itself down to 549mhz. I didn't change any settings or anything. Well now no matter what I put my sliders on it stays at 549. I've tried reinstalling precision and using afterburner. I have no idea why its doing this or how to fix it. Is there anyone that can help?

Have you tried restarting the computer?

Also just to be clear,you're playing games or doing benchmarks, now, and it still does not raise the clock speed from 549?

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

Its at load it doesn't matter if I'm gaming or benchmarking and yes I've restarted my PC

Its at load it doesn't matter if I'm gaming or benchmarking and yes I've restarted my PC

well you can try reinstalling your drivers at least thats what comes to mind right now

"I've been mad for fucking years, absolutely years, I've been over the edge for yonks..."

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us are...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

well you can try reinstalling your drivers at least thats what comes to mind right now

Yea I actually just thought of that myself that's what I'm about to do

Yea I actually just thought of that myself that's what I'm about to do

also considering its a new gpu you can RMA also you might wanna check if your pci cables are conected properly it might be a power draw issue

also considering its a new gpu you can RMA also you might wanna check if your pci cables are conected properly it might be a power draw issue

Already checked the cables

I read some other forums where they were having the same problem and geforce experience was causing it. I'm gonna mess with it tomorrow I'm going to bed but if all else fails I guess I'll RMA it

This is most likely some kind of software interfering with it. I don't think this is a hardware issue however if messing with geforce experience, re intsalling drivers/rolling back drivers, updating firmware etc. doesn't fix the issue then I'd just RMA it. Also, have you tried re setting the card to bone stock and then re doing the overclock to see if it works again? 

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

This is most likely some kind of software interfering with it. I don't think this is a hardware issue however if messing with geforce experience, re intsalling drivers/rolling back drivers, updating firmware etc. doesn't fix the issue then I'd just RMA it. Also, have you tried re setting the card to bone stock and then re doing the overclock to see if it works again?

Yea I've tried that and I think it is software because i realized that it started when I installed gpu-z

are you actually experiencing performance drops? It might just not be reading the core speed right.