USB 3.0 Header sleeving

IVIeLt

So I'm in the planning process for a new rig and I'm going to be lazer cutting a sheet of Aluminum to spec and attaching it to the front of the motherboard tray with individual holes for each individually sleeved cable. I won't stand for a single cable looking the slightest bit untidy!

The thought has just run through my mind however, That while I can remove the ends of things such as usb 2.0 and front audio headers from the cables in order to cut them to length, sleeve them and run the cable through it's designated hole before reattaching the header. How on earth would one do so for a usb 3.0 header? The whole idea has got me somewhat stumped :/

I would just cut it let's say 1/4 of the length from where it starts in the case and then just sleeve the part that goes to the MB. Then solder it back together and put a little heat shrink for not to look so terrible. Then you have 3/4 of the cable sleeved. 

For the header itself you could probably paint it the same color as the sleeving or just leave it black (I would go with black)

I hope I explained myself properly and that it can help

Cheers

I'm not concerned about the header itself, but how to actually get the cables sleeved and then through each hole. Cutting and soldering it back together might be a pretty good idea though. I might do it all close as I can to the pcb at the front and push my sleeving back so I can put some heatshrink over each soldered cable and then push the sleeving back over the top and then heatshrink the whole cable so you cant see under it. Make it look as neat as possible.

Thanks for the idea!