Nvidia: The flagship is coming: maxwell in full throttle.

brownninja97

R R R R R R Re-Post Time!

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

UGH why must it be a twitch stream they always goof up somehow

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Guys saying repost you're taking the piss a little bit they were both posted the same minute 10:47 PM how could he see that another thread existed while writing his own, who's to say this is even the repost. :lol:

Didn't even know that they had a twitch stream lol

Intel Core i7 930 // GIGABYTE X58-UD7 rev1 // Corsair Dominator 3x4GB // GPU MSI 7870 // Fractal Design R4 // 256GB Samsung SSD 840 Pro 1TB Samsung SpinPoint 3TB Seagate Barracuda  // Corsair 1000W // Dell 2713H // Vortex Poker II Ducky DK9008 // Logitech G400s // SteelSeries Qck+ DotA 2 Edition // Swan D1080-IV Audioengine A5+ Audioengine S8 // ASUS Xonar Essence STX - Albums http://imgur.com/a/wkJSM#2 // http://imgur.com/a/V2idF#0

Maxwell better be all its hyped up to be, I skipped the last few generations for this.

Core - EVGA Classified 3 | i7 980x | 12GB Corsair Dominator GT | Lian Li P80 | Corsair 128 Neutron GTX | 2 x WD 500gb Velociraptor | Asus Xonar Xense | 2 x EVGA 590 | Enermax Platimax 1500

Water Cooling - Alphacool NexXxos 360 Monsta | TFC 360 | Alphacool D5 Vario | Alphacool 250 Tube res | EK Supreme HF Nickle Plexi | 2 x EK Nickle Plexi 590 WB | Aquaero 5 XT

At least mine is in the correct forum.

My PC: CPU: Intel Core i3 3220, MB: ASUS P8P67 LE, GPU: Palit Jetstream GTX 670, RAM: 4GB 1333mhz DDR3, Storage: 750GB Hitachi, PSU: CoolerMaster G650M 80+ Bronze, Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus, Case: Multirama, Display: Acer x229w 22" 1680x1050, Keyboard: Logitech K120, Mouse: Steelseries Kinzu v2, Sound: Logitech 2.1 system

both say 3:47. This forum needs a post time down to the second haha

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Yes Finally!

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

My 560ti will never die. NEVER.

hue hue hue :3 Gonna fry some bacon and eggs on your 560ti core :) *evil laugh* muhahahaha

@Askew....no need to do that man..kinda a dick for a ten foot space troll.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Can't wait. Interested to see if that power reduction carried through from the smaller cards they already introduced or is even better. SLI on a small PSU would be pretty darn cool. Low level API's saving you money on a CPU and elaborate cooling. This saving you money on a PSU. Could mean big things for SFF/Steam Machines and I always like to see things that will help make computers grow in adoption. 

My only fear is lite coin mining...screwing it up for everyone on the new series lol.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

At least mine is in the correct forum.

Yeah I was thinking isn't this tech news.

I guess double performance in wattage classes. 

Still waiting for them benchmarks and them benchmarks with DX12 and then them games with DX12 and then Haswell Refresh and then.... (add more here)

hue hue hue :3 Gonna fry some bacon and eggs on your 560ti core :) *evil laugh* muhahahaha

@Askew....no need to do that man..kinda a dick for a ten foot space troll.

Sue me.

I did it because the two threads were created the same minute, and the OP of this one came into the other thread calling repost, I apologize greatly for costing you an extra quarter spin of your scroll wheel.

Sue me.

I did it because the two threads were created the same minute, and the OP of this one came into the other thread calling repost, I apologize greatly for costing you an extra quarter spin of your scroll wheel.

Yeah I know.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

Should i have bought a 780 ti?..

erm..maybe or not o_O..depend if you don't want it Can i? :3

Chibi.Miku-san.full.977044.jpg

erm..maybe or not o_O..depend if you don't want it Can i? :3

Chibi.Miku-san.full.977044.jpg

Hey at least my image got there eventually. :lol:

Can't wait. Interested to see if that power reduction carried through from the smaller cards they already introduced or is even better. SLI on a small PSU would be pretty darn cool. Low level API's saving you money on a CPU and elaborate cooling. This saving you money on a PSU. Could mean big things for SFF/Steam Machines and I always like to see things that will help make computers grow in adoption. 

My only fear is lite coin mining...screwing it up for everyone on the new series lol.

If 28nm Maxwell is twice the efficiency of Kepler at 60W, does that mean that 20nm Maxwell would offer a ridiculously huge improvement in 250W TDP cards? More than twice the performance? Hmmm... If the 880 is twice as fast as the 780, that would be one hell of a card. We'll see soon enough.

My PC: CPU: Intel Core i3 3220, MB: ASUS P8P67 LE, GPU: Palit Jetstream GTX 670, RAM: 4GB 1333mhz DDR3, Storage: 750GB Hitachi, PSU: CoolerMaster G650M 80+ Bronze, Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus, Case: Multirama, Display: Acer x229w 22" 1680x1050, Keyboard: Logitech K120, Mouse: Steelseries Kinzu v2, Sound: Logitech 2.1 system

If 28nm Maxwell is twice the efficiency of Kepler at 60W, does that mean that 20nm Maxwell would offer a ridiculously huge improvement in 250W TDP cards? More than twice the performance? Hmmm... If the 880 is twice as fast as the 780, that would be one hell of a card. We'll see soon enough.

I did consider that, I think in that potential situation they will go for the middle ground perhaps, a nice piece of that extra efficiency with a nice piece of performance too rather than all of one or the other, we'll have to wait and see.

I don't know if TDP translates exactly into possible performance like that, I suspect not.

Hmmm... If the 880 is twice as fast as the 780, that would be one hell of a card. We'll see soon enough.

If it is and 4-6gb I will be super excited.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

And so it begins...

Never say it's not broken. Everything is broken. Why? Because everything needs MOAR POWA!