Mounting a non VESA monitor

drewtcjones

I have an acer h236hl and was wondering if anyone knew how I could possibly mod it or buy a "VESA conversion kit" for it. Are non VESA mounts like these any good? -> https://pagetechnologysolutions.com/ShopMonitorArms.html?gclid=CLnd9afEq70CFdBcMgodmHsAyw

i5-4670k, Asus VI Hero, Corsair Vengeance Pro Series Red 8GB (2x4GB) @1866 MHZ, EVGA GEFORCE 780 FTW w/ACX Cooler, Fractal Define R4 Windowed (Black-Pearl), Samsung Evo 250GB, WD 1tb Blue, EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650, Acer H236HL 23" x2, Corsair H100i, 2x Noctua NF-S12A, 2x Noctua NF-A14, Steelseries Apex, Logitech G602

You are trying to mount a non-VESA monitor on a VESA mount?

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

your best bet is to buy one of those mounts or make one yourself. should be fairly easy

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

No, from what I gather, he's trying to mount a non-VESA monitor. Period.

For reference, this is the rear of said monitor (according to the internets, at least):

zBvxeRBQP83TP.jpg

drewtcjones: I have no experience with those adapters, but just from looking at the design, it should be a decent enough mount if your monitor fits the specs in their product description:

Secures monitors measuring 18.5” - 22.4” in length, 11.4” - 14.5” in height and up to 1” in width (outside casing)

Keep in mind that you won't be able to fit two monitors without gaps in between though, as that triangular arm clamps the two lower corners.

Too much is never enough.

You can make a custom mount that clamps the screen from top and bottom if you're in for a DIY project.

I had the same problem a while ago, my solution was to get a regular vesa wall bracket I found a few that are like picture frame style where you have the screws on the wall and then slide the mount onto them, they have what looks like key holes on them.

, a square piece of 3mm aluminium, and some heavy duty double sided mounting tape. 

First I mounted the 3mm ally to the vesa mount with some small nuts and bolts, then mounted the ally and bracket to the rear of the monitor with the tape.All that was left to do was leave it for a while to make sure, it was stuck solid then slide it onto the screws on the wall.

It was / is that strong that a year later the 3mm ally is still stuck to the rear of the monitor , I've git it back on it's stand now, but their is no chance of removing it, last time I tried the plastic was coming away from the front bezel, so I gave up and just left it. 

MSI Z87 XPower, I5 4670k, 4x4gb Avexir MPower, 2 x HD7950, XFX Pro750w, Intel 335 180gb boot, 250gb Samy pro games, 60gb OCZ Vertex music, Monsta 420,ST30 360, 140mm / 120mm Akasa Vipers in push pull, D5 Vario, Koolance top, Bitspower ZMulti250, Fesser Fittings all round, Mayhems sunset Yellow, 32" LG monitor, 23" Asus monitor, Microlab Solo 7c's, Bheringer MS20's, R.A.T7, Steelseries Merc Stealth

I had the same problem a while ago, my solution was to get a regular vesa wall bracket I found a few that are like picture frame style where you have the screws on the wall and then slide the mount onto them, they have what looks like key holes on them.

, a square piece of 3mm aluminium, and some heavy duty double sided mounting tape.

First I mounted the 3mm ally to the vesa mount with some small nuts and bolts, then mounted the ally and bracket to the rear of the monitor with the tape.All that was left to do was leave it for a while to make sure, it was stuck solid then slide it onto the screws on the wall.

It was / is that strong that a year later the 3mm ally is still stuck to the rear of the monitor , I've git it back on it's stand now, but their is no chance of removing it, last time I tried the plastic was coming away from the front bezel, so I gave up and just left it.

do you possibly have pics of this?

i5-4670k, Asus VI Hero, Corsair Vengeance Pro Series Red 8GB (2x4GB) @1866 MHZ, EVGA GEFORCE 780 FTW w/ACX Cooler, Fractal Define R4 Windowed (Black-Pearl), Samsung Evo 250GB, WD 1tb Blue, EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650, Acer H236HL 23" x2, Corsair H100i, 2x Noctua NF-S12A, 2x Noctua NF-A14, Steelseries Apex, Logitech G602

• 7 months later...