A good push to talk key!

Ploooopp

HI

I'm currently using the Razer Blackwidow ultimate 2013 and the Razer Naga 2012 and I have not found a good PTT key on either I can use wich wont disturb my gaming, for example, I wanted to use the § key (tilde) But it's the source dev console key. I do not want to re-map any controls in game, i'm just wondering if you know any good keys/any good ways to circum vent the "having to stop talking when typing thing."

Thanks!

So I can put anything here?

I've always used the default Source game PTT key, which was X.

Middle mouse button. END OF STORY

Diamond 5 in League :)

You have a Naga ... u should find a button ...

It's difficult though! 

i always use my mouse side buttons

In what configuration? I'm currently using them as the normal 1-´(12) setup because im playing alot of BF4 where im using 1-6 for weapon stuff and 6-12 are basically unreachable for me :(

I've always used the default Source game PTT key, which was X.

But I want to be able to type and talk at the same time without any problems.

Middle mouse button. END OF STORY

Can't, im usually shooting and aiming at the same time, and NO I will not use the "click once to aim" thingy.

It's difficult though! 

In what configuration? I'm currently using them as the normal 1-´(12) setup because im playing alot of BF4 where im using 1-6 for weapon stuff and 6-12 are basically unreachable for me :(

of 6 to 12 are hard the press then its good to do that you have to move youre hands to get to it

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

It's difficult though! 

I only have 2 buttons so I use the closes to my thumb when I normally hold it

Jsut saw a picture use 5 or 8 cause thats like the middle where your thumb might be

I always use V

MotherboardASUS M5A97 le R2.0, CPUAMD FX-6300, Graphics CardSapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB,

PSU: Corsair CX600M, RAM: 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X Series, HDD1TB Seagate Barracuda, CaseCM Storm Enforcer

in cs go I use alt (with my thumb) because it has no other use and is really convenient

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

I've always used a side button on the mouse. If you got money, buy an USB pedal or something like Stinkyboard. :)

Money is a bit of a problem because I have alot of other things to buy, I'll just tinker around with razer synapse and try to do some weird thing to get it to work :)

I've used C for long time to VOIP and V to ingame chatting. Sometimes I use right sidebuttons of my mouse.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

how about binding it to one of the M keys?

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

I use 3 for TeamSpeak/Vent/Mumble (not in the way of when I'm typing.) X for everything else.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Computer-USB-Game-Foot-Control-Action-Switch-Pedal-HID-Ideal-Fr-Factory-Disabled-/111131828500?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19dff92114

use your foot. I have this exact one. I've been waiting forever for the plastic to crack so I can rip it apart and attach metal to it but 6 months and no luck....

how about binding it to one of the M keys?

I'm not sure that the M keys are actually their own keys, I think I can only bind them to something else, and not use it on it's own... Not sure though!

I use 3 for TeamSpeak/Vent/Mumble (not in the way of when I'm typing.) X for everything else.

3!? What about when im playing Battlefield 4 and wanting to get my rocket launcher out, but the "3" is already all pressed so I can't quickly change..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Computer-USB-Game-Foot-Control-Action-Switch-Pedal-HID-Ideal-Fr-Factory-Disabled-/111131828500?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19dff92114

use your foot. I have this exact one. I've been waiting forever for the plastic to crack so I can rip it apart and attach metal to it but 6 months and no luck....

That is an option. I'll think about it, I sit really high up, and my feet dont touch the ground.

I'm not sure that the M keys are actually their own keys, I think I can only bind them to something else, and not use it on it's own... Not sure though!

But you can bind a combination of keys or a rarely used one, like the ones on numpad ( / * - ). 

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

I have a naga, and I use the 4 and 5 buttons on the side as back buttons, and as push to talk in game. For teamspeak I use the 7 and 8 buttons

Intel i5 4670K 3.4GHz | EVGA 780Ti Classified | ASUS Gryphon Z87 w/ Armor Kit | G.Skill Sniper 8GB @1866MHz

Samsung 840 Evo 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Kingwin Lazer 850W Bronze PSU | Corsair 350D Window

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate BF3 Edition | Razer Naga Molten

But you can bind a combination of keys or a rarely used one, like the ones on numpad ( / * - ). 

I'll try that, only problem is when I type in game it goes wonky:P

I have a naga, and I use the 4 and 5 buttons on the side as back buttons, and as push to talk in game. For teamspeak I use the 7 and 8 buttons

Hmm, interesting.