HELP HELP HELP

fezme7

Hello Forum,

I have a big problem, with one of my R9 280X, the fans are not spinning propertly, one of the fans will spin for a bit and then stop and then spin again and stop, the other fan will not spin un less I mannualy help it. I am thinking that the oil spilled or something. I have only had the card for a few months so Im not sure what it could be. I am thinking on taking it apart and cleaning it and maybe oiling th efans, but as this will void my warranty what do you guys suggest I do

Thanks 

fez

There are graphics cards that disable one of the fans partially because it doesn't need it to keep the GPU cool under that load. The only ones I know can do this are XFX graphic cards.

this are MSI ones, and on the other one the fans spin fine

I would recommend RMAing. If you do all this and it doesn't help the problem, than you are SOL with as voided warranty and defective 280x.

I'd say be safe and just RMA it.

Best thing to do is RMA.

Official Profile for Addon Customs LTD and Custom Acrylics
Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

RMA, don't take it apart or fiddle with it just send it right on back to be replaced.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

well I managed to take the forn off with out going throw the back (where the warranty sticker is) and I will try and oil them tomorrow and see if it helps, if not then I will send it back. Thanks for the thougths 

fez

well I managed to take the forn off with out going throw the back (where the warranty sticker is) and I will try and oil them tomorrow and see if it helps, if not then I will send it back. Thanks for the thougths 

fez

I think you might void your warranty if they see that you have oiled it.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

well its done now, it was easyer than I thougth. so maybe I did void my warranty, but as long as it Works im not complaining. I do hope nothing else brakes tho