The view from your window

Admire

plesant? cosy? lovely?

No. Doesn't cover it. It covers parts of the word but not the whole meaning. Coziness is the best word in English that gives the same meaning but not quite

"In essence, hygge means creating a nice, warm atmosphere and enjoying the good things in life with good people around you. The warm glow of candlelight is hygge. Friends and family – that’s hygge too. And let’s not forget the eating and drinking – preferably sitting around the table for hours on end discussing the big and small things in life."

Found this description on NPR which I like "Hygge is: fireplace warmth with candles and family and friends and food, tucked under blankets on a snowy day, cup-of- coffee conversation, scarf-snuggle, squiggly, warm baby love.""

But its far more than that which is why its impossible to translate.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

64ogQMN.jpg

i can see the sky :P and thats it...

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Well I cant take photo right now because is evening and you couldnt see anything but I see fields and hills and recently they builded Tesco on which I can clearly see and it completely ruins whole scenery. It is not blocking hills from view but it just is not fitting in the scenery at all.. I am disapointed :(

I feel you. Now where I live, about few years ago some small wooded area was cut and made to a truck-parking area for the local gas station, and at night the gas station is very clearly visible, as there's only about 200 meters to there, with only small road and some forgotten wheat field in-between. On the other hand it cuts a lot of time walking to the nearest bus station and back on daily basis. Oh and because the small area that was made a truck-parking area, now there's much less obstacles in front of the car sounds coming from the Finnish national road 4, which also happens to be really close. It's disturbing when trying to sleep.

On topic: I'd post a picture now, but it's night, and my camcorder isn't good enough for shooting photos at night (and XCover 2's camera plain sucks at low-light).

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

gallery_28784_601_69565.jpg

A Lovely Day Today :)

My Rig:

OS: MSX CPU:Intel i5 4690K RAM: 16GB Averix Core Series  GPU: XFX R9 280X SSD:128GB Crucial M4 Motherboard:Gigabyte GA-Z97N Wifi Powersupply: Corsair HX750 CPU Cooler: Corsair H60i Case: Corsair 250D Monitors: Asus VE278 and Asus VW202 Keyboard: Steel Series 6G V2 Mouse: CM Sentinel Advanced Audio: Objective 2 ODAC Headphones: Senheiser HD595

It's daylight now, but the crap camera still sucks. This first picture was taken when I realized the crappy camera on Samsung Galaxy XCover 2 could do panorama. (The window is not nearly that wide. Maybe about half of what it looks like in the pic).

post-23506-0-91762800-1395575261.jpg

At the left, on the other side of that field further ahead, behind some trees, there's the industrial area. You can't really see it from the pic, but it's there. To the right, yet again on the other side of that field behind few trees, there's the gas station I was talking about in my previous post. Again, not too visible from this pic, but this is what it looks like at night:

post-23506-0-24956800-1395576042.jpg

#PotatoPic I know, but the lights are annoyingly bright.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

what window?

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

My window is almost nailed down since the window-frame is rotten.

Yes it's cold here.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

• 4 weeks later...

The light under the window is the monitor :/

Are you in prison ?

Spoiler

Another house that is too damn close. I keep my window shut for that. Also if I look a bit to left I see mannequins. Naked mannequins arranged in weird positions endlessly staring, judging... Yeah, I keep my window shut.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Lol my room is basement has the best veiw ever! Ill take a picture when I get home.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

I may live in sweden right now. And i am technically half swedish.. but i don't consider myself swedish in the slightest..

I still have my danish citizenship as well :)

Nå, so you're one of us. Your name should be TechDane

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

thats upstate NY in US.  the screen on the window is preventing me from taking a picture of only the scenery outside. but its very beautiful out there. neat idea for a thread  :)

on the window what is that for ? 

Nå, so you're one of us. Your name should be TechDane

Would've been nice if i thought about that before i created this account  :P

But for now im TechSwede. The dane on the other side of the Öresund bridge

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Windows? Windows are for casuals, I have multiple TV screens that monitor everything around my city right in my room, where the window is supposed to be

Muh rig: i7 4770k, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, MSI Z87 G45, Kingston Hyper X Blu 8GB, Samsung 840 EVO 120 + WD Blue 1 TB, Asus GTX 770 2GB, Corsair 200r + 2x Corsair AF 120 Blue + 1x Stock corsair fan, Corsair TX650, LG 27EA33V IPS, Steelseries Sensei Raw + QCK mini, CM Quickfire Ultimate Blue.

Windows? Windows are for casuals, I have multiple TV screens that monitor everything around my city right in my room, where the window is supposed to be

lol At first I thought that you would have a TV screens where your windows would be, and you would have (security)cameras on the other side of the wall where the screens are. They would act like windows, but in completely digital form.

You don't want to see out my windows. It's nothing special really :/

Just my street and some houses 

Where my computer happens to be in my house I sit down and stare at a brick wall all day long. Other than that, everywhere in my house you can see mountains and huge valleys. Nothing but that really. If I could just see over the neighbors houses I could see a bit of a swamp though.

Something, something, something, famous quote, computer specs, and stuff...

lol At first I thought that you would have a TV screens where your windows would be, and you would have (security)cameras on the other side of the wall where the screens are. They would act like windows, but in completely digital form.

the sun burns my skin

Muh rig: i7 4770k, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, MSI Z87 G45, Kingston Hyper X Blu 8GB, Samsung 840 EVO 120 + WD Blue 1 TB, Asus GTX 770 2GB, Corsair 200r + 2x Corsair AF 120 Blue + 1x Stock corsair fan, Corsair TX650, LG 27EA33V IPS, Steelseries Sensei Raw + QCK mini, CM Quickfire Ultimate Blue.

the sun burns my skin

I too like to live in the darkness. Darkness is your friend...

Would've been nice if i thought about that before i created this account  :P

But for now im TechSwede. The dane on the other side of the Öresund bridge

Fine, BTW it is the Øresund bridge

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

Fine, BTW it is the Øresund bridge

It might be Øresund for you Danes (and Norwegians) but it's Öresund for us else. :P

Does it matter though? It's the same name, as letter Ø is Danish and Norwegian equivalent (maybe in some other languages too) for letter Ö.  Correct me if I'm wrong.