Lifespan of closed looped water coolers

Just curious what the lifespan of these generally is. If anyone has experience with them and has an idea I'd really appreciate your input.

I was going to get a Dark Rock Pro 3 but the price seems to have gone from $79 to $109 overnight and for that price it makes me start to consider a water cooler. What I'm looking at right is the NZXT Kraken X60 and the Corsair H110. How long should I expect it to last? Should I be concerned about leakage or anything?

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

the H110 should last for years, i got a H60 or whatever it is and its still running now after 5-7 years :P

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

the H110 should last for years, i got a H60 or whatever it is and its still running now after 5-7 years :P

The H60 wasn't out that long ago and which is it 5 or 7 years?

They should last at least a few years. I've had my H100i for around a year and have had no issues at all. 

Depends on how long you use it. The main component is the pump

Wait a little and get the Dark rock 3 Pro once the price is back to 79$. (Likley won't take more than 2 days. )

I think that should be more like "2-3 years" :P

Concerning lifespan and reliability though, if you get a "non faulty" unit you can expect it to last for a few years I'd guess. However you just can't beat the reliability and lifespan of a normal air cooler as the only parts that can be worn out are the fans-which can be swapped ofc, where as in a watercooler you also have a pump that's more likely to fail. However I'd not be scared of that fact as I'd imagine a pump in one of those units could last for a few years at least.

As for leakage I wouldn't be concerned at. Corsair had a few faulty units when they first started making AIOs but they've now matured.

i got it when i first built my computer before collage which is at least 5 years ago, but could be a few more before that, its kinda been 5 years ago now for 2-3 years :P

3 years in school, then 1 year, then 1 more year, then 1 more year and then another year and now one more year after this summer i think :)

and im not sure about the exact version since it was so long ago, but its a 120mm Corsair closed loop watercooler :)

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

Thanks guys!

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive.