Google Chrome Freezing.

PortugaM

Hello guys, i'm having a bit of a problem with the google chrome. My browser is freezing my computer, and only thing i can do is restart.
Anyone have any idea of what could be happening with the browser ?!

Thanks!

RIG: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe/Intel I7 3770K/4x4GB Kingston HyperX 2133Mhz/EVGA GTX680 SC/Corsair HX1000W/2x240GB Kingston HyperX 3K SSD/Samsung 850 EVO 500GB/2x1TB HDD/Asus Xonar Essence STX/Corsair Obsidian 800D
Peripherals: DELL U2713HM/Logitech MX Master/Corsair K70 LUX RGB/Beyerdynamic DT990 PRO

When does it freeze? Any specific areas? Like Youtube?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Have you installed any extensions lately as that is what made my Google chrome browser freeze.

Check ram timings, also chrome extensions/malware.

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

When does it freeze? Any specific areas? Like Youtube?

It freezes at anytime.

Have you installed any extensions lately as that is what made my Google chrome browser freeze.

I don't have many extensions installed. Only 2 from Kaspersky and 1 from RealPlayer.

Check ram timings, also chrome extensions/malware.

All my timings are correct in the BIOS, and i'm not having a instability issue i presume.

It only happens when i'm browsing with Google Chrome.

Thanks for the attention guys !

RIG: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe/Intel I7 3770K/4x4GB Kingston HyperX 2133Mhz/EVGA GTX680 SC/Corsair HX1000W/2x240GB Kingston HyperX 3K SSD/Samsung 850 EVO 500GB/2x1TB HDD/Asus Xonar Essence STX/Corsair Obsidian 800D
Peripherals: DELL U2713HM/Logitech MX Master/Corsair K70 LUX RGB/Beyerdynamic DT990 PRO

I'd try uninstalling Chrome and reinstalling it if you haven't already. I had the same issue recently with Firefox. I had reset it firstly. Nothing. I reinstalled it. Nothing. Eventually, the problem just panned itself out I guess. I'd also restart if you haven't. Also, have you installed any new software lately or changed any kind of hardware?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

I'd try uninstalling Chrome and reinstalling it if you haven't already. I had the same issue recently with Firefox. I had reset it firstly. Nothing. I reinstalled it. Nothing. Eventually, the problem just panned itself out I guess. I'd also restart if you haven't. Also, have you installed any new software lately or changed any kind of hardware?

Nope, nothing new on my computer. It's frustrating because it freezes my computer, and i've to restart everytime it happens.

Nope, nothing new on my computer. It's frustrating because it freezes my computer, and i've to restart everytime it happens.

Weird. I haven't had that issue. I'd just try reinstalling Chrome. Perhaps getting rid of every part of it - including the registry entries using an advanced cleaning program(if the uninstaller doesn't get rid of them)

Give this a go :)

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

It might be realplayer plugin that is causing it to freeze. Try disabling it to see if that works. Use CCleaner to remove all the temp files created by chrome to see if that works.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

R U sure its chrome try another browser maybe its your computer not chrome