Waht monotor

Bajantechnician
Go to solution Solved by fringie,

alright thanks cuz I AM actually going to play bf3 with it . So only 60 -80 fps is needed...?

Yes, most 60Hz monitors like mines are actually a range i.e. mines is 50-76 Hz so it means I can probably get away with a 90 Hz OC but I don't see a reason to do so as 75 Hz works great for me. Even if it's 60 Hz fixed you should be able to get around 70-80 Hz OC's at the very least with 1080p monitors. Since your budget is on the bigger side you'll be able to afford quality monitors (i.e. Dell, viewsonic etc.) which means more OC'ing. Cheap not so good monitors won't OC as much. 

IPS monitors look much better and provide a good gaming experience. Technically speaking 18ms is 1 FPS so anything below 18 ms is fine (although personally I'd go for 10 ms or less unless it was like a 4k monitor). When I switched over from a 17 ms monitor to a 5/6 ms main monitor I noticed no difference in that regard. Generally speaking if it's not a cheap monitor and the ms is high that means it's most probably getting slowed down by how much data it's sending = higher quality video. IPS monitors tend to be 5-7 ms which is perfectly fine for gaming.

If you really aren't sure about it still you can buy one IPS monitor and see if your happy with 70-90 Hz (depending on your OC, p.s. it's easy to OC it; took me like 30 seconds). Getting secondary monitors that are 144Hz is a complete waste so regardless you'll want 2 IPS monitors so if you decide that you still want a 120'ish Hz (it being slightly lower = better image quality, it's the lesser of two evils in my opinion) monitor you can still buy it. 120'ish Hz isn't as overkill but the image quality is still garbage compared to IPS.

+ NP

Definitely the AOCs for surround.

What is your GPU?

iemt the Benq and ASIs sorry for the confusion and hopefully 290x lightning or 780ti nonrefrenve something possilby dual or tripple in future highly unlikely quad , but possible how do u know so much about pcs? R h like linuses brother or something? ;)

iemt the Benq and ASIs sorry for the confusion and hopefully 290x lightning or 780ti nonrefrenve something possilby dual or tripple in future highly unlikely quad , but possible how do u know so much about pcs? R h like linuses brother or something? ;)

lol I've been into this stuff and built my first PC in January (maybe February) of 2013. Out of those two monitors I would get the BenQ, but you will be MUCH happier with three AOC monitors linked or one 1440P monitor like the PB278Q. Just get one 780ti or wait for the 800 series.

Definitely the AOCs for surround.

What is your GPU?

they're 60htz tho so

glitchy phone keeps crashing same posts keep goin up quoted wrong post ;) @TheNinjaNextDor

@Bajantechnician, my top 3 recommendations would be:

• ASUS PB238Q

• ASUS MX239H

• Acer H236HLbid

Those are quite good options.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

lol I've been into this stuff and built my first PC in January (maybe February) of 2013. Out of those two monitors I would get the BenQ, but you will be MUCH happier with three AOC monitors linked or one 1440P monitor like the PB278Q. Just get one 780ti or wait for the 800 series.

the aoc ones are 60 htz tho

I'd opt for the AOC mate, I recently bought 3 x AOC I2369vm's and they're great. 100% pixel perfect and no light bleed what so ever. The bezel is 2mm thick but you have an internal black border of about 7mm, but that is still nice and thin. 

MSI Z87 XPower, I5 4670k, 4x4gb Avexir MPower, 2 x HD7950, XFX Pro750w, Intel 335 180gb boot, 250gb Samy pro games, 60gb OCZ Vertex music, Monsta 420,ST30 360, 140mm / 120mm Akasa Vipers in push pull, D5 Vario, Koolance top, Bitspower ZMulti250, Fesser Fittings all round, Mayhems sunset Yellow, 32" LG monitor, 23" Asus monitor, Microlab Solo 7c's, Bheringer MS20's, R.A.T7, Steelseries Merc Stealth

Bajantechnician as already said you won't find IPS monitors with much more than 60Hz refresh rate, the only way to get this is to buy an overclocked monitor like those offered by Overlord which are well out of your price range.  Either you settle for around 60Hz with an IPS display, or get a TN display that offers 120Hz+.  I'd imagine any of the suggestions above(offered by others) should fit the bill.  If not already mentioned the ASUS VS24AH-P might be something to look into too, though maybe too thick of a bezel and 1920x1200 resolution.

http://overlordcomputer.com/blogs/news/7384176-the-overclock-overview Is an overview of their overclocked panels.

Bajantechnician as already said you won't find IPS monitors with much more than 60Hz refresh rate, the only way to get this is to buy an overclocked monitor like those offered by Overlord which are well out of your price range.  Either you settle for around 60Hz with an IPS display, or get a TN display that offers 120Hz+.  I'd imagine any of the suggestions above(offered by others) should fit the bill.  If not already mentioned the ASUS VS24AH-P might be something to look into too, though maybe too thick of a bezel and 1920x1200 resolution.

http://overlordcomputer.com/blogs/news/7384176-the-overclock-overview Is an overview of their overclocked panels.

can I use tnt with none - very little color and video loss in a 3 monitor setup?

Yes. They are IPS panels and are much better than the other two.

I Would like to have at lease 120htz so...

A TN pannel won't be horrendous for color if you're looking pretty much straight at it, but if you're at some odd angle the colors won't at all be correct.  The video below explains it a little, and I'm sure Linus has done others.  Odds are you've used a TN LCD display before, and maybe you're using one now(I don't know).  But if the accuracy of color is very important to you then you'll have to deal with around 60Hz, but if not a TN display might be a better choice for you.

A TN pannel won't be horrendous for color if you're looking pretty much straight at it, but if you're at some odd angle the colors won't at all be correct.  The video below explains it a little, and I'm sure Linus has done others.  Odds are you've used a TN LCD display before, and maybe you're using one now(I don't know).  But if the accuracy of color is very important to you then you'll have to deal with around 60Hz, but if not a TN display might be a better choice for you.

can I use tn in a 3 monitor setup with none - very little color and video loss?

A TN pannel won't be horrendous for color if you're looking pretty much straight at it, but if you're at some odd angle the colors won't at all be correct. The video below explains it a little, and I'm sure Linus has done others. Odds are you've used a TN LCD display before, and maybe you're using one now(I don't know). But if the accuracy of color is very important to you then you'll have to deal with around 60Hz, but if not a TN display might be a better choice for you.

look at post above plz

A TN pannel won't be horrendous for color if you're looking pretty much straight at it, but if you're at some odd angle the colors won't at all be correct. The video below explains it a little, and I'm sure Linus has done others. Odds are you've used a TN LCD display before, and maybe you're using one now(I don't know). But if the accuracy of color is very important to you then you'll have to deal with around 60Hz, but if not a TN display might be a better choice for you.

look at post above plz

Lets say your playing BF4, to get 144Hz you will have to turn settings down. = Cash waste

Most people say you can only see 60 FPS, others would say up to 90 then a few like yourself believe more. If you were to go IPS you could overclock safely (unless you have a junk monitor or a 4k monitor) to 80 Hz (void your warranty though) and in my personal opinion that is enough.

If you still want a 144Hz monitor get ONLY ONE 144Hz monitor, you will struggle to get 60 fps @ 5760x3240 with settings turned down on games like BF4. Then get 2 IPS monitors and overclock them.

Anything other than gaming over 60 fps isn't needed (in regards to monitors).

Lets say your playing BF4, to get 144Hz you will have to turn settings down. = Cash waste

Most people say you can only see 60 FPS, others would say up to 90 then a few like yourself believe more. If you were to go IPS you could overclock safely (unless you have a junk monitor or a 4k monitor) to 80 Hz (void your warranty though) and in my personal opinion that is enough.

If you still want a 144Hz monitor get ONLY ONE 144Hz monitor, you will struggle to get 60 fps @ 5760x3240 with settings turned down on games like BF4. Then get 2 IPS monitors and overclock them.

Anything other than gaming over 60 fps isn't needed (in regards to monitors).

alright thanks cuz I AM actually going to play bf3 with it . So only 60 -80 fps is needed...?

Yes, most 60Hz monitors like mines are actually a range i.e. mines is 50-76 Hz so it means I can probably get away with a 90 Hz OC but I don't see a reason to do so as 75 Hz works great for me. Even if it's 60 Hz fixed you should be able to get around 70-80 Hz OC's at the very least with 1080p monitors. Since your budget is on the bigger side you'll be able to afford quality monitors (i.e. Dell, viewsonic etc.) which means more OC'ing. Cheap not so good monitors won't OC as much. 

IPS monitors look much better and provide a good gaming experience. Technically speaking 18ms is 1 FPS so anything below 18 ms is fine (although personally I'd go for 10 ms or less unless it was like a 4k monitor). When I switched over from a 17 ms monitor to a 5/6 ms main monitor I noticed no difference in that regard. Generally speaking if it's not a cheap monitor and the ms is high that means it's most probably getting slowed down by how much data it's sending = higher quality video. IPS monitors tend to be 5-7 ms which is perfectly fine for gaming.

If you really aren't sure about it still you can buy one IPS monitor and see if your happy with 70-90 Hz (depending on your OC, p.s. it's easy to OC it; took me like 30 seconds). Getting secondary monitors that are 144Hz is a complete waste so regardless you'll want 2 IPS monitors so if you decide that you still want a 120'ish Hz (it being slightly lower = better image quality, it's the lesser of two evils in my opinion) monitor you can still buy it. 120'ish Hz isn't as overkill but the image quality is still garbage compared to IPS.

+ NP

can I use tn in a 3 monitor setup with none - very little color and video loss?

Sorry for not responding earlier, but the "color loss" only comes in if you're looking at an odd angle, like in the video.  So if you were looking at it from above or to the side as also shown in the video.  And of course fringie is right, it would require a very powerful PC to pull off a tripple monitor setup for gaming.  Though a second monitor could be nice if you wanted one for chat windows or whatever you might like to have open while in a game.

+ NP

I'm curious what monitor do you have? Edit: Never mind, see it in your sig.

Sorry for not responding earlier, but the "color loss" only comes in if you're looking at an odd angle, like in the video.  So if you were looking at it from above or to the side as also shown in the video.  And of course fringie is right, it would require a very powerful PC to pull off a tripple monitor setup for gaming.  Though a second monitor could be nice if you wanted one for chat windows or whatever you might like to have open while in a game.

I'm curious what monitor do you have? Edit: Never mind, see it in your sig.

I agree, most people hardly use their third monitor. Two monitors in my opinion is the sweet spot.

viewsonic vx2370smh-led <- It's a pretty nice monitor. I got mines for £130 (around $200). I use two dell ultrasharp monitors at work and this one in my opinion is better. That being said they are around 2 years old now though.

Alright, Thanks

+ NP