Whats weapon do you prefer (AMD/Nvidia)

MzCatieB

I'd say I'm with Red at the moment due to price/performance but I tend to go Green for the CUDA cores.

AMD has Stream processors which are thew same thing as nvidias LOL.

Antec 100, Msi 870 G45, Asus Xonar DGX, Creative Inspire T10 2.0, Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D, 4gb Corsair ram, Gigabyte HD 7850, AMD Phenom II x4 B55 @ 3.6Ghz, Cooler Master Hyper 212+, 500GB WD Caviar Black, Cooler Master RX 460, Samsung SyncMaster 226bw

Not in a row, i had one fail, bought a Nvidia one built a amd system for a friend, got another nvidia got a amd card failed, built another amd system, stayed with nvidia for 4 generations and then this gen wanted to go amd again it was doa and now im back on nvidia, but also built a amd gaming rig for my brother this gen, i was just saying that i PERSONALLY have had bad luck with amd you calling me a lair and saying that it was my fault that my cards failed is immature and classic fanboy talk

I trust the math over you.

Antec 100, Msi 870 G45, Asus Xonar DGX, Creative Inspire T10 2.0, Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D, 4gb Corsair ram, Gigabyte HD 7850, AMD Phenom II x4 B55 @ 3.6Ghz, Cooler Master Hyper 212+, 500GB WD Caviar Black, Cooler Master RX 460, Samsung SyncMaster 226bw

Only Adobe dropped CUDA like it's hot and went to open sourse OpenCL.

That only happened recently. Also, Adobe is not the only professional grade software around. A majority still use CUDA for acceleration.

That only happened recently. Also, Adobe is not the only professional grade software around. A majority still use CUDA for acceleration.

Adobe is just the biggest one is all. The other will move away from closed source soon enough. Closed Source is bad for the industry.

Adobe is just the biggest one is all. The other will move away from closed source soon enough. Closed Source is bad for the industry.

Yes, closed source is bad but the enterprise market will still prefer NVIDIA because they provide the complete package for them: hardware, software, and full tech support and updates.

I trust the math over you.

You don't need to trust me, and you aren't even replaying to my post your just sticking with your fanboy response, i said i was green team because of xx, you jumped in and said xx is your own fault, without even knowing the details, i write a post back saying that i was not bashing amd and in fact i use amd, you reply saying that 3 gpus dying is not likely, i replayed with the details, and you just say i trust the math over you, i just want to ask you 1 question, what has nvidia ever done to you?

[THE TITAN]

CASECorsair C70 (BLACK+RED Leds) | CPU:  i7 3930k | CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i | MOTHERBOARDASUS Rampage IV Formula | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB | SSD: SAMSUNG 840PRO (512GB) | 

HDD: Western Digital Black (2TB)+(2TB) GPUGTX TITAN X2 IN SLI | PSU: Corsair AX1200i | SOUND CARD: Xonar Phoebus | MONITORS: ASUS PB278Q X3 IN NVIDIA Surround |

You don't need to trust me, and you aren't even replaying to my post your just sticking with your fanboy response, i said i was green team because of xx, you jumped in and said xx is your own fault, without even knowing the details, i write a post back saying that i was not bashing amd and in fact i use amd, you reply saying that 3 gpus dying is not likely, i replayed with the details, and you just say i trust the math over you, i just want to ask you 1 question, what has nvidia ever done to you?

I guess he'd taken issue with your brief post saying that 4 AMD GPU's died while none on nVidia side......you'd not bothered to expound, leaving readers the conclusion that AMD cards are bad in general. Not saying you are, but that's the kind of comments that nV fanboys would make. When he asked about it, then you'd responded with the circumstances which led to their failing.

Or, perhaps he's one of those whose GPU fried due to a crap nV driver. Or, his nV GPU failed due to shoddy workmanship with the soldering, or just low quality solder  used.....who knows?

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

At the moment, at the price point and gaming quality in my country I chose AMD, when the price point in my country reflects that of USA I'd consider going nvidia for my build. I'm very happy with my 7950 :)

#!

I guess he'd taken issue with your brief post saying that 4 AMD GPU's died while none on nVidia side......you'd not bothered to expound, leaving readers the conclusion that AMD cards are bad in general. Not saying you are, but that's the kind of comments that nV fanboys would make. When he asked about it, then you'd responded with the circumstances which led to their failing.

Or, perhaps he's one of those whose GPU fried due to a crap nV driver. Or, his nV GPU failed due to shoddy workmanship with the soldering, or just low quality solder  used.....who knows?

Well when i did the rma for the failed gpu's i was told it was general bad quality control, and for the record i love amd and i recommend amd gpus to people on a budget because price to performance its way better with amd and their never settle bundle is insane 

[THE TITAN]

CASECorsair C70 (BLACK+RED Leds) | CPU:  i7 3930k | CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i | MOTHERBOARDASUS Rampage IV Formula | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB | SSD: SAMSUNG 840PRO (512GB) | 

HDD: Western Digital Black (2TB)+(2TB) GPUGTX TITAN X2 IN SLI | PSU: Corsair AX1200i | SOUND CARD: Xonar Phoebus | MONITORS: ASUS PB278Q X3 IN NVIDIA Surround |

Well when i did the rma for the failed gpu's i was told it was general bad quality control, and for the record i love amd and i recommend amd gpus to people on a budget because price to performance its way better with amd and their never settle bundle is insane 

Sometimes crap happens, I had to RMA three OCZ Octane SSD's, finally paid a little more and got an OCZ Agility instead. Was told it was a bad batch and the distributer had had lots of RMA's due to this.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

Gaming: which ever is cheapest and on sale.

Video editing with Adobe: Nvidia right now. Next year this won't matter though.

JWolf Tech Broadcast

Gaming: which ever is cheapest and on sale.

Video editing with Adobe: Nvidia right now. Next year this won't matter though.

Funny cause I used Adobe with nvidia and AMD and they both work fine.

At each price point AMD out does nvidia so you are recomending AMD over nvidia because AMD offers better performance at each price point plus the game budles.

I roll nvidia because I'm a TES fanboy and TES games simply run better on nVidia.

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

Nvidia ... cuz of built in physX 

Which games have Physx that you play ?

At each price point AMD out does nvidia so you are recomending AMD over nvidia because AMD offers better performance at each price point plus the game budles.

yeah i recommend amd if you are on a strict budget and want the most fps per $, However if you have the budget to buy the equivalent power from nvidia i would recommend that, As nvidia does tend to run a little cooler, Quieter and draws less power, And just so you know the only reason i went nvidia over amd this gen is because i actively use cuda almost everyday

[THE TITAN]

yeah i recommend amd if you are on a strict budget and want the most fps per $, However if you have the budget to buy the equivalent power from nvidia i would recommend that, As nvidia does tend to run a little cooler, Quieter and draws less power, And just so you know the only reason i went nvidia over amd this gen is because i actively use cuda almost everyday

LOL you logic is failed. AMD offers better performance at every price point but you would buy nvidia and pay more for less peerormance. ? The nvidia draw less power metirc has been debunked and the nvidia is quiter is compleaty false and misleading LOL as it's on a per cooling solution basis.

I am an Elder Scrolls fan as well & Skyrim in fact runs significantly better on AMD even though the game is very CPU limited.

I noticed no difference in performance or IQ going from an nvidia GTX 560se to an AMD Radeon HD 7850 in Skyrim. Me thinks it's the CPU limitation of the enigine.

Non of what you said is true, with AMD you significantly faster cards, more RAM, larger memory interface, significantly better AA performance, significantly better overclocking headroom,TressFX, phenomenally advanced compute capability & free games.

I am an Elder Scrolls fan as well & Skyrim in fact runs significantly better on AMD even though the game is very CPU limited.

I noticed no difference in performance or IQ going from an nvidia GTX 560se to an AMD Radeon HD 7850 in Skyrim. Me thinks it's the CPU limitation of the enigine.

From the per-price point benchmarks I've seen and my experience witch TES games the only time ATI cards pull ahead is when the resolution and AA get high enough that the additional vram on the high end ATI cards becomes an advantage, until that point, nvidia cards have  a lead.

As far as I'm aware beth has always optimized more for nVidia.

Anand benches: http://anandtech.com/bench/GPU12/457

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

This: (It overclocks like the beast it is and can blow its way through any game.)

post-6374-0-12603400-1368208657.jpg

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

Same can be said of the Metro series being optimzed for nvidia but AMD still pulls ahead a bit in that game. As far as Skyrim goes my old GTX 560se perfromed on par with the HD 7850 which is a card with roughly 2x the performance of the 560se so I guess that proves  that Skyrim is hevely nvidia optimized. That said Morroind play better on the HD 7850 than the GTX 560se so I don't know.

From the per-price point benchmarks I've seen and my experience witch TES games the only time ATI cards pull ahead is when the resolution and AA get high enough that the additional vram on the high end ATI cards becomes an advantage, until that point, nvidia cards have  a lead.

Anand benches: http://anandtech.com/bench/GPU12/457

Not true, even without AA AMD cards are faster as Linus's benchmarks have previously shown (he doesn't use AA).

Bethesda doesn't optimize for Nvidia, it optimizes for the XBOX 360 which uses an AMD card.

Same can be said of the Metro series being optimzed for nvidia but AMD still pulls ahead a bit in that game. As far as Skyrim goes my old GTX 560se perfromed on par with the HD 7850 which is a card with roughly 2x the performance of the 560se so I guess that proves  that Skyrim is hevely nvidia optimized. That said Morroind play better on the HD 7850 than the GTX 560se so I don't know.

No, it actually means that you're running into a CPU bottleneck, every single Skyrim benchmark in the last 6 months shows AMD cards significantly out-performing their Nvidia counterparts.

As far as Skyrim goes my old GTX 560se perfromed on par with the HD 7850 which is a card with roughly 2x the performance of the 560se so I guess that proves  that Skyrim is hevely nvidia optimized. That said Morroind play better on the HD 7850 than the GTX 560se so I don't know.

Skyrim is very single thread focused. Your CPU is holding you back, that's why you can't see any improvement in performance going from a 560se to a 7850.