Connecting 2 monitors (1 Vga 1 HDMI)

tihor29

I am wondering if it is possible to connect 2 monitors together using one on hdmi and one on vga . The reason I say this is because I have a 12 year old monitor and I am ordering a new asus IPS monitor. I am a noob when it comes to dual monitor setups so any info is appreciated. Thanks.

Yes, you can. Just plug them in and configure them with whatever happens to control your display/resolution settings. This is provided your gpu can support 2 displays.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Yes, but why?

If you have one old monitor and a AWESOME new one, it would be strange...

Im guessing the old one isnt 16:9 aspect right?

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Yes, but why?

If you have one old monitor and a AWESOME new one, it would be strange...

Im guessing the old one isnt 16:9 aspect right?

I like 4:3 aspect ratio for secondary monitors. I use a 16:9 for my main and have a 4:3 that is the same height, every website looks a bit more normal. Like the huge white spaces for youtube and google arent there, content is compact. Obviously 16:9 > 4:3, but I like it for a secondary monitor.

I like 4:3 aspect ratio for secondary monitors. I use a 16:9 for my main and have a 4:3 that is the same height, every website looks a bit more normal. Like the huge white spaces for youtube and google arent there, content is compact. Obviously 16:9 > 4:3, but I like it for a secondary monitor.

Hah i get what you mean... 

I used to have a 4:3 Dell 2001FP as my monitor (beside my laptop) and i loved it for so many years... until came the Benq.

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Hah i get what you mean... 

I used to have a 4:3 Dell 2001FP as my monitor (beside my laptop) and i loved it for so many years... until came the Benq.

Thats just it, it isnt replacement.. Its using both. One for games and one for like youtube while playing said games.

Yes, you can. Just plug them in and configure them with whatever happens to control your display/resolution settings. This is provided your gpu can support 2 displays.

I am going to use a 770

I am going to use a 770

Yeah, that's fine. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.