Asus Swift Monitor - the next 3D champ?

I just came across this:

http://pcdiy.asus.com/2014/01/pg278q-rog-swift-gaming-monitor-the-best-gaming-monitor/

As icing on the specification cake, the ROG SWIFT also fully supports 3D VISION for gamers looking to take advantage of NVIDIA’s impressive 3D implementation offering gamers another way to experience PC games as well as multimedia content whether it be Blu-Ray, photographs or online video.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           In addition to offering NVIDIA 3D VISION support, the monitor will feature a new ULMB feature offering the same benefits of LIGHTBOOST only better!

So, which one of you demand for 1440p 3D gaming? I do! What do you think? Will Asus and Nvidia put support for 3D on this monitor or leave us all stuck at 1080p?

Intel Core i9-9900K | Asrock Phantom Gaming miniITX Z390 | 32GB GSkill Trident Z DDR4@3600MHz C17 | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Watercooled | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD | Crucial MX500 2TB SSD | Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 1000W | anidees AI Crystal Cube White V2 | Corsair M95 | Corsair K50 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pros 250Ohm

3D is a no for me. I don't even like going to the theatres to watch movies in 3D. I feel like it still needs polishing up before I will make use of it.

OMG!! :wub:  I THOUGHT IT HAD NO 3DDDD. I WAS LIKE THAT 1 IN A MILLION WHO LIEKS 3D AND NOW THE MONITOR I WAS MOST LIEKLY GOING TO GET HAS IT? IM SOO GETING THIS MONITOR!!!!!!! :D  ;)

JUST TO LIST WHY:

-1440P

27INCH

THIN BEZEL

3D

HIGH HERTZ (144HZ)

GSYNC 

ASTHETICS  :P  :D

IF THE COULORS ARE GOOD ENOUGH AS IN THE HIGH TEIR OF TN PANELS WHICH IT WILL BE IM SOLD! :lol:

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

OMG!! :wub:  I THOUGHT IT HAD NO 3DDDD. I WAS LIKE THAT 1 IN A MILLION WHO LIEKS 3D AND NOW THE MONITOR I WAS MOST LIEKLY GOING TO GET HAS IT? IM SOO GETING THIS MONITOR!!!!!!! :D  ;)

JUST TO LIST WHY:

-1440P

27INCH

THIN BEZEL

3D

HIGH HERTZ (144HZ)

GSYNC 

ASTHETICS  :P  :D

IF THE COULORS ARE GOOD ENOUGH AS IN THE HIGH TEIR OF TN PANELS WHICH IT WILL BE IM SOLD! :lol:

Well, to tell you one thing, you can't use G-Sync and 3D vision together, they can't work together. You will need V-Sync to use for 3D, this is one reason I turned my back to G Sync and decided to get SLI to fullfill 3D experience on big FPS... But having a monitor with G-Sync and 3D support is a good combo if you are switching between 2D and 3D... You will just turn one off and switch on one of them.

Also, you maybe will need Nvidia 3D kit, since the monitor is not 3D Ready, but 3D capable (hopefully it is). I would suggest you to demand for 3D support to Nvidia and Asus for this monitor anyhow...this site is not really 100% sure, since nowhere on the Asus website says anything about 3D. I was just also asking with this post if somebody heard something about 3D on that monitor, not saying for sure it will be. 

Intel Core i9-9900K | Asrock Phantom Gaming miniITX Z390 | 32GB GSkill Trident Z DDR4@3600MHz C17 | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Watercooled | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD | Crucial MX500 2TB SSD | Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 1000W | anidees AI Crystal Cube White V2 | Corsair M95 | Corsair K50 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pros 250Ohm

Well, to tell you one thing, you can't use G-Sync and 3D vision together, they can't work together. You will need V-Sync to use for 3D, this is one reason I turned my back to G Sync... But having a monitor with G-Sync and 3D support is a good combo if you are switching between 2D and 3D... You will just turn one off and switch on one of them.

ill probs only use it for movies and the occasionally cool gaming effects otherwise not much really tbh. 

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

ill probs only use it for movies and the occasionally cool gaming effects otherwise not much really tbh. 

Not like I won't. But I think if not on monitors, 3D will continue on VR displays, which is in a way a lot better, even though the need for more and more and more and more gpu power will rise ones modern games get on VRs...

Wanna hear a joke:
3D gaming!

Actually no jokes are funny...

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Forget the 3D, but 1440p, Gsync, and awesome mount/Vesa option? Yes.

Found my next monitor.

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

Forget the 3D, but 1440p, Gsync, and awesome mount/Vesa option? Yes.

Found my next monitor.

I thought the same thing but it is TN. I really hate that about it. Sure it will have "premium" perks to it but in the end it is still a TN panel.

If I am going to spend $800 on a monitor I mind as well look for a 4k TN panel. *Note* This is how I feel right now. Maybe when it releases and I see how good the color reproduction is, etc, I'll consider it

//ccap

I thought the same thing but it is TN. I really hate that about it. Sure it will have "premium" perks to it but in the end it is still a TN panel.

If I am going to spend $800 on a monitor I mind as well look for a 4k TN panel. (This is how I feel right now. Maybe when it releases and I see how good the color reproduction is, etc, I'll consider it)

TN Panels aren't that bad... Fast response times. The only real difference I can notice (One of my three monitors is IPS), is the viewing angles. I don't normally look at my monitors from awkward angles, so it's not a big deal.

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

Please Asus, Lord and Savior of my RoG components, please release a 30" model in 1600p at 120Hz on an AH-IPS LED panel with G-Sync.  And make it affordable.  Preferably under £500.  Don't bother with speakers or D-Sub, DisplayPort is fine.

It's not like I want for much....

My best wish is to see Nvidia sit down and work on their 3D vision software/hardware compatibilities and to see Asus putting some 3D on resolution(1440p, 1600p, 4K) > 1080p. Those guys are moving again "backwards" in technology to 2D. What a biiiiiiiiig shame!