Would you work 10 hours for apple?

Amrat

I'm from India, and i have got the opportunity to work at apple retail store (Both selling and Service engineer). I'm college dropout and a hardcore gamer. Job timing is 9am to 7pm. If i work i only get 2-3 hours to play or surf the internet daily  -_- . The money is fine, i guess in india only, its 11k INR which is 180$ US dollars per month.

Is their anything better i can do? Thoughts? opinions?

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K, GFX: Asus GTX 970 Strix, MOBO: Asus Z170 PRO GAMING, RAM: DDR4 GSkill Ripjaw 4 (4GBx2 @ 3000mhz), SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 120gb, HDD: Hitachi 500gb, PSU: Corsair CX 430w, DISPLAY: Acer GD245HQ, CASE: NZXT S340 white, MOUSE: Logitech MX 518, KEYBOARD: TVS-E USB Mechanical  

Are you fucking kidding me?... Fucking apple. 180 bucks a month is terrible.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

The fact that it's for Apple should change nothing. I imagine it's pretty much like any other job in retail. I personally wouldn't want to work in retail if I could avoid it, but any job is better than no job to be honest.

Hmm i dont know much about the job market there. I wouldn't mind work for Apple if the pay was right, however now i would because i'm already working.

Btw whats that case in you avatar?

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Why not? Get the experience and go further in Apple or later on find a better job.

Yeah i'm 19 by the way, Experience is important.

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K, GFX: Asus GTX 970 Strix, MOBO: Asus Z170 PRO GAMING, RAM: DDR4 GSkill Ripjaw 4 (4GBx2 @ 3000mhz), SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 120gb, HDD: Hitachi 500gb, PSU: Corsair CX 430w, DISPLAY: Acer GD245HQ, CASE: NZXT S340 white, MOUSE: Logitech MX 518, KEYBOARD: TVS-E USB Mechanical  

$180 a month!? Holy crap that's nothing! I expect everything is cheaper there? I wouldn't work for that but I don't how much money that is in India.

Where is the dislike button?  Know a bit of common knowledge about wages in different countries before blaming a company for offering 'low' wages.

I know in the Philippines you get paid dirt cheap compare to CAD but everything is cheaper to go with it. I assume in India its the same. 

Hmm i dont know much about the job market there. I wouldn't mind work for Apple if the pay was right, however now i would because i'm already working.

Btw whats that case in you avatar?

Its all custom, my brother made it.

IN INDIA, PLEASE READ.

In Canada it would be yes, but we're talking about India here.....

Point taken. In the future, I don't know maybe 50 years down the road, when greedy companies can't exploit third world countries anymore due to either them getting out of third world status, or robots, I wonder how they will survive. (I'm on the side that calls bullshit to thier "Do you want us to raise the prices of our products? If not, it's inevitable hat we must outsource and exploit")

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Where is the dislike button?  Know a bit of common knowledge about wages in different countries before blaming a company for offering 'low' wages.

I know in the Philippines you get paid dirt cheap compare to CAD but everything is cheaper to go with it. I assume in India its the same. 

IN INDIA, PLEASE READ.

I think all of you misread my intentions of that comment. I'm pretty sure it's fair wages in India. What I'm saying is while I don't consider where I live as the standard, I'm commenting on how terrible those wages are and that Apple (and the rest of the world's corporations) should stop exploiting third world status. I am by no means saying "Don't take the job because it's a shitty pay".

Its all custom, my brother made it.

impressive got a build log thread? Im very interested...

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Point taken. In the future, I don't know maybe 50 years down the road, when greedy companies can't exploit third world countries anymore due to either them getting out of third world status, or robots, I wonder how they will survive. (I'm on the side that calls bullshit to thier "Do you want us to raise the prices of our products? If not, it's inevitable hat we must outsource and exploit")

You realize that this is a job in retail right? It has nothing to do with exploiting third world countries.

No nothing is cheap in india, A simple unlocked iphone 4 costs 360 dollars. You can get the idea.

impressive got a build log thread? Im very interested...

No build log thread, but you can see the specs in the signature. It's old i know need money to upgrade that's why i'm getting the job.

No build log thread, but you can see the specs in the signature. It's old i know need money to upgrade that's why i'm getting the job.

At least some more pictures? Looks pretty sick, old or not.

I think all of you misread my intentions of that comment. I'm pretty sure it's fair wages in India. What I'm saying is while I don't consider where I live as the standard, I'm commenting on how terrible those wages are and that Apple (and the rest of the world's corporations) should stop exploiting third world status. I am by no means saying "Don't take the job because it's a shitty pay".

It's not them being exploited by a corporation, its how a fucking global economy works. Their currency is worth less, and their produce costs less. It balances out.

It's the same as how I earn twice as much as an electrician in Australia as I would in the USA, but shit costs more here anyway.

At least some more pictures? Looks pretty sick, old or not.

Made in 2010, lol. 

post-5223-0-08044000-1395197944.jpg

post-5223-0-66704400-1395197951.jpg

post-5223-0-34960400-1395197985_thumb.jp

post-5223-0-87336800-1395198018_thumb.jp

Its abit depending on how manny days a week. and what the worth of $180 in India is.

I would do it, if it seems right. you can do alot of experiance, and maybe you could even grow further into apple. or doing experiance for a better job later on.

You dont gonne make a carrier with just gaming 24/7 you know :)

p.s that case is sick :D

Its abit depending on how manny days a week. and what the worth of $180 in India is.

I would do it, if it seems right. you can do alot of experiance, and maybe you could even grow further into apple. or doing experiance for a better job later on.

You dont gonne make a carrier with just gaming 24/7 you know :)

p.s that case is sick :D

Work 6 days a week, 10 hours everday and sunday is off. It's pretty hard step for me cause i play 24/7. :D

I would probably try and find something else before taking it.

HOW DO YOU LEAVE INDIA?

19 years old, no experience. I think i'm gonna go with apple.