Laptop NIC (Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300)

MathijsZ77

Just got my Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 with 3 antenna connectors.

My laptop only has 2 antennas built in, is there anyone who knows where I can get an extra one to just build in myself?

Greetings from the Netherlands!

Asus Sabertooth Z77 - Intel Core i7 3770K - Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 MHz 8 GB

To my understanding you only actually need to plug two connectors in.   I remember when we upgraded the wifi card in my brothers Samsung ultra book there was only two antenna cables compared to three connectors he has no problems with it.  Wifi and Bluetooth work fine.

To my understanding you only actually need to plug two connectors in.   I remember when we upgraded the wifi card in my brothers Samsung ultra book there was only two antenna cables compared to three connectors he has no problems with it.  Wifi and Bluetooth work fine.

Definitely works fine, but three antenna's might work even better. And, if there's three, why say okay to two? 

Greetings from the Netherlands!

Asus Sabertooth Z77 - Intel Core i7 3770K - Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 MHz 8 GB

simply answer you don't need one,the computer was made to a spec which you have changed. you would have to  almost break the laptop just to mount the antenna and cable manage it. Edit- most antennas use 2 ports you have one free.

"There's no test like production!"