Add a 3rd monitor using a host pc

unraw

I would like to add a 3rd monitor to my pc but my gtx 580 doesnt support it. 

However, I have a netbook and and extra monitor laying around. Would it be possible to use the netbook connected to the monitor as a host for a wifi type monitor? Kinda like those android apps that allow you to use a tablet as a 2nd monitor? 

Rig specs: 3930k | 32GB RAM | GTX580 | Asus PB278 | Corsair K90 | Logitech G700 | HD558's 

splash-en.png

It's almost what you are looking for it allows you to control multiple computers with the mouse and keyboard connected to the main pc over the network.

To switch between the computers it is just like extended desktops, move the cursor off one screen onto the next monitor (computer).

http://synergy-foss.org/

Build Log: Monochrome

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87MX-D3H | Graphics Card: Asus HD 7970 DirectCU II | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | PSU: Corsair CXM 600 | Storage: OCZ Vertex 4 128GB,2 Seagate Baracuda 3TB | Case: Corsair 350D Window

I tried that, and some other software but it was too laggy and just didn't work great so I just gave up on the idea...  :(

Rig specs: 3930k | 32GB RAM | GTX580 | Asus PB278 | Corsair K90 | Logitech G700 | HD558's 

Plug the monitor into your motherboard instead and see if it works. I'm running 3 monitors off my GPU (7850) and my TV off my motherboard.

"Unix was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because that would also stop you from doing clever things." - Doug Gwyn

I'm running sandy bridge so I don't have on board graphics.