Nintendo 2ds

super_teabag

Simple question. I'm thinking about getting a 2ds because it's cheaper than 3ds/XL to play Pokemon x and y or any other pm versions out there. I like a few other games, but I'll start with Pokemon

Does anyone own a 2ds how do u like it? What's your opinion on it? And is it worth getting even for one game?

Simple question. I'm thinking about getting a 2ds because it's cheaper than 3ds/XL to play Pokemon x and y or any other pm versions out there. I like a few other games, but I'll start with Pokemon

Does anyone own a 2ds how do u like it? What's your opinion on it? And is it worth getting even for one game?

I don't think it's worth it, but please, post this in the good sub forum.

I've seen, and heard nothing but good news from the 2ds. The 3ds has the 3d effect, that hurts peoples eyes, and most people just turn it off anyway.

If you're going to buy one, get the 2ds.

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

I've seen, and heard nothing but good news from the 2ds. The 3ds has the 3d effect, that hurts peoples eyes, and most people just turn it off anyway.

If you're going to buy one, get the 2ds.

only problem is it's really chunky and not exactly "portable" like a portable device should be.

It's a bit more difficult to carry around, but it's comfortable to hold and great to use.

My only gripe is I feel unsafe with the screens showing, but I'm a freak about taking care of my stuff to begin with.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

I don't have one but the 2DS seems like the cheaper version... without the annoying 3D in which I've seen none of my friends use. I'm still annoyed when I look at how flat it is without hinges... Its look like they took the width of the Gameboy Advance and the length of the Gameboy Color and made the 2DS.

Well, portability it don't think will be an issue I'll carry it around in my backpack and play it in between classes or on my work breaks. Having a hard time justifying it just to play Pokémon.

It's a bit more difficult to carry around, but it's comfortable to hold and great to use.

My only gripe is I feel unsafe with the screens showing, but I'm a freak about taking care of my stuff to begin with.

Pretty much this ^^

I bought mine for a nostalgiac trip to the 8-10 year old version of myself. Considering selling it though since I don't have time to play and I think my itch has been satisfied. 

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

@DLM_012

That's pretty much why i want to buy a 2DS LOL. Wanna play through pokemon, and use it for nostalgia. Put it on ebay I'll buy it from you haha

@DLM_012

That's pretty much why i want to buy a 2DS LOL. Wanna play through pokemon, and use it for nostalgia. Put it on ebay I'll buy it from you haha

Lol I might put it in the BST section of the site. PM me so I remember. I'll know within a few days if I really want to sell it or not. It's "flame red" and I have a lightly used, official neoprene case. The handheld hasn't seen much daylight either so it looks brand new. I also have the original box. 

Before I get too carried away and the mods yell at me for doing this, PM me hahaha

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

I tested it. And to be honest, I liked it. Much more children friendly with the hingeless design. However, the sound is Mono, and there is no 3D (duh). If you are getting it to just play Pokemon, why not? it's pretty damn cheap and I fell like the other features that I got from the 3DS was useless... For me.

buy something to carry it without scratching the screens and you are golden, I had to buy the 3ds XL because the regular was too small for my hands, If the 2ds would have launched sooner i would have buy it, I tried it and its nice.

Main rig. Updated :D CPU: FX8350 @stock Cooler: Corsair h110 Motherboard: Ga-990fxa-ud5 Memory: Corsair Vengance 8Gigs 1866Mhz GPU: MSI GTX 970 SLI (blower cooler)  PSU: Cooler Master Silent pro 850w SSD: Corsair Force GT 60Gb HDD: WD 500 Caviar blue Case: Thermaltake core V71 Fan controler: NZXT Sentry

Secondary PC: CPU: i5 4670k @stock Cooler: Thermaltake NIC L/31 Motherboard: Asus Z97I-PLUS Memory: Corsair Vengance 8Gigs 2133Mhz GPU: ZOTAC GTX 780 (Titan cooler) PSU: Antec 520m Pro SSD: Corsair Force GT 60Gb HDD: WD 500 Caviar blue & WD 2TB Green Case: Thermaltake core V1

I have some questions about the 2DS, and I also want to buy one

Is the screen the same size as the 3DSXL?

is the battery good enough?

can you plug your console on your TV?

I know Luke really likes his. I just borrowed it to play Bravely Default and I'm super stoked on playing that game, but I didn't think I'd get enough use out of it to justify buying one for myself.

yeah like linus says there are some good games that I want to play too, Bravely Default is one of them, also I want to play the new zelda between worlds, those games make me want to buy the console

If form factor and 3d doesn't matter to you the 2ds is great. Just note that some few games like one of the Mario games uses the 3d as a game mechanic so you might get in a tough situation but for the most part the 3d is just for eye candy. As for myself I keep the 3d turned off to save battery

It's comfortable to hold and not really that expensive. The buttons feel as good as the ones on the DS Lite, which are better than the ones on the GBA SP and the regular 3DS and 3DS XL. I've seen them sell for less than 90€ or about 120€ including Mario Kart 7 brand new. There are quite a few good games available, too. Many of which can be had for less than $10 or $15 on eBay. It's a no brainer, really. If you can't get any use out of it, then you can't be serious about gaming. 

Also, mono sound isn't an issue. Use headphones.

I'm playing Bravely Default as I'm typing this.

I know Luke really likes his. I just borrowed it to play Bravely Default and I'm super stoked on playing that game, but I didn't think I'd get enough use out of it to justify buying one for myself.

There are rumors that SquareEnix is thinking about making a whole series out of Bravely Default. Kind of like the Final Fantasy for old schoolers. Then there are the Mario games and the new Zelda, which is really good. Castlevania isn't bad either and I just bought a brand new copy of Micky Epic which is similar to the Castle of Illusion and Magical Quest games. Brand new for just 11€.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

I have some questions about the 2DS, and I also want to buy one

Is the screen the same size as the 3DSXL?

is the battery good enough?

can you plug your console on your TV?

No the 2ds screen is the same size as the original 3ds. The battery is decent given that there is no 3D to sip more battery. And no you can't connect this or any DS to your TV. 

OP, I picked up the 2DS recently because I wanted to play Mario 3D land and New Super Bros 2. I was pretty much hooked and have been picking up a few DS and 3DS games over the last few months. I picked up a 2DS because I thought I didn't want or care about 3D. Well, I ended up buying 2 3DS XL's shortly after testing them out at Target. The 3D is pretty cool and I keep it on all the time. The 2DS is still a good buy though. I really like the overall shape and stiffer build because there is no hinge. The screens are also pretty uniform since they are really just one screen split by the plastic frame. However I keep going back to the XL's because the bigger screens are nice and big. 

If you do pick up Pokemon x or y, I could use a few friends to trade with. I just picked up X and Y through the free Nintendo Club promotion this month. That and I wouldn't mind friends for Bravely Default as well. 

Asus Gryphon w/Thermal Armor / Intel i5 4670K / Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB / Asus ROG Matrix 7970 Platinum / Samsung 830 / Seagate Barracuda

Corsair AX860 / Corsiar 350D / Corsair H100i / Windows 8 Pro