Akasa 5 pwm fans from single pwm header Help

Asusmad

I am currently trying to set this up to control four 3 pin Corsair sp120's.

Currently the fans run at full speed. But do NOT report back their speed via the pwm connector on the cpu header.

I am using a Asus Maximus Hero and the cpu header profile along with all other headers are set to standard mode.  

I am right i should be able to see the speed and also control it from the profiles in the BIOS?  

I have tested all the headers and they work fine

I am using 4 of the same 3 pin Corsair SP120's 

Just need some help please. 

Asus Maximus VI Hero , i5 4670k , 8gb Corsair vengeance ddr3, Asus HD 7970 matrix platinum, Corsair AX860, Ocz agility 3 120gb ssd, 1tb wd green hdd, custom water loop. All in an Antec p280

Your post is a little confusing. Are the fans plugged into one header each? A 3 pin fan will not have PWM, they only have +12V, ground and sense, which sends back the RPM of the fan to the MB. The Asus board offers PWM control of 3 pin fans, but it isn't the same as the way a 4 pin PWM fan would be controlled. Do you have any 4 pin fans connected or is it only these 3 pin fans? Is one of the fans plugged into the CPU header on the board?

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."

If your having trouble explaining through text maybe you can take a picture of it? 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

As @FizzyFantom mentionned you post is a little bit confusing.

If you're plugging 3 pins fans on 4 pins header, they'll run at 100% as they lack the PWM pin. Some boards offer the option to control the fan with the voltage (as a 3 pins header would do). But that's not always the case and you (sometimes?) need to change in the bios to make it work. 

My board didn't allow me to change the control mode so I plugged my CPU fans in the System fan headers. Plugged into the CPU headers I couldn't adjust the RPM at all.

thanks for fast response

I am using 3 pin fans only. But this cable set does take 4 pin fans.

There is one reporter header which is plunged in to the cpu header. the consits of all the green and blue leads from all fans.

Does need the molex to power the fans. 

Asus Maximus VI Hero , i5 4670k , 8gb Corsair vengeance ddr3, Asus HD 7970 matrix platinum, Corsair AX860, Ocz agility 3 120gb ssd, 1tb wd green hdd, custom water loop. All in an Antec p280

There is one reporter header which is plunged in to the cpu header. the consits of all the green and blue leads from all fans.

Are you using a splitter from 1 header to 4 fans?

Have you installed Asus AI Suite? As far as I know this is the only way to set 3 pin PWM fan control. Download that, take a look at FanXpert and set up a PWM curve for the CPU fan header. I'm not sure that the CPU header supports 3 pin PWM control, but the "Chassis Fan" option can certainly do this. If the CPU header doesn't work try plugging these fans into a 3 pin chassis header then set a PWM curve for those.

ok then. I will try using another header. I do have some 4 pin fans i could try to. Thanks. 

I am currently trying to set this up to control four 3 pin Corsair sp120's.

Currently the fans run at full speed. But do NOT report back their speed via the pwm connector on the cpu header.

I am using a Asus Maximus Hero and the cpu header profile along with all other headers are set to standard mode.  

I am right i should be able to see the speed and also control it from the profiles in the BIOS?  

I have tested all the headers and they work fine

I am using 4 of the same 3 pin Corsair SP120's 

Just need some help please. 

from page 3-40 of your ASUS Hero manual: