Is 60 refresh rate enough for mmo in this era?

Leinbert42

please dont judge it until you have tried it..

I'm running it right now smartass.

most competitive camera don't know much about hardware and just look at big numbers.

hmm interesting how that is so wrong..

I don't really know of any MMO that runs at >60hz reliably, certainly not in the times when you would perhaps want a decent FPS like in a raid or arena. So while I think at a decent level of the game it will likely benefit from 120fps like all other games its not likely to be possible to get those sort of FPS numbers.

please dont judge it until you have tried it.. 

Try saying that to any competitive fps gamer.

he said in his opinion

he's entitled to his opinion just like you are to yours

he said in his opinion

he's entitled to his opinion just like you are to yours

Sure everyone can have their own opinion.. But they shouldn't be helping others make choices without showing their proof and reasoning behind their opinion.. 

CPU: i7 4770k | GPU: Sapphire 290 Tri-X OC | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB | MTB: GA-Z87X-UD5HCOOLER: Noctua NH-D14 | PSU: Corsair 760i | CASE: Corsair 550D | DISPLAY:  BenQ XL2420TE

Firestrike scores - Graphics: 10781 Physics: 9448 Combined: 4289

"Nvidia, Fuck you" - Linus Torvald

I'm running it right now smart* arse*.

Your not referring to that Sony tv are you.. because that hardly counts.. 

Also feel free to post about this response on you profile.. 

CPU: i7 4770k | GPU: Sapphire 290 Tri-X OC | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB | MTB: GA-Z87X-UD5HCOOLER: Noctua NH-D14 | PSU: Corsair 760i | CASE: Corsair 550D | DISPLAY:  BenQ XL2420TE

Firestrike scores - Graphics: 10781 Physics: 9448 Combined: 4289

"Nvidia, Fuck you" - Linus Torvald

GEt a nice 60hz IPS. 144hz is even stupid for FPS in my opinion.

Yeah, especially since you need crazy fast GPU(s) to keep up at that FPS.

GEt a nice 60hz IPS. 144hz is even stupid for FPS in my opinion.

Try saying that to any competitive fps gamer.

Yeah really wanted to type a paragraph on how untrue that is for a second but I won't :P

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Yeah really wanted to type a paragraph on how untrue that is for a second but I won't :P

what i said?

I've always thought that on most cases you're most likely to be having lag from the connection than your monitor's refresh rate :P

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

what i said?

Nah the other guy, actually I edited my post to include quote in after and responded to that but I think the text editor messed it up.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

hmm interesting how that is so wrong..

I meant gamer, auto correct on Nexus 7. Also I'm right most don't know much beyond the basics. 

Sure everyone can have their own opinion.. But they shouldn't be helping others make choices without showing their proof and reasoning behind their opinion.. 

After using 120hz I think my opinion counts.

Your not referring to that Sony tv are you.. because that hardly counts.. 

Also feel free to post about this response on you profile.. 

No, my overclock Korean PLS. Also I can post whatever I want on my profile. If someone wants to act like a hotshot I'll let everyone know.

Yeah, especially since you need crazy fast GPU(s) to keep up at that FPS.

Your saying my GPU can't make use of 120hz in any game? 

Minecraft :D

I meant gamer, auto correct on Nexus 7. Also I'm right most don't know much beyond the basics. 

After using 120hz I think my opinion counts.

No, my overclock Korean PLS. Also I can post whatever I want on my profile. If someone wants to act like a hotshot I'll let everyone know.

No, I'm saying for a lot of people, finding a GPU that can keep up with a 144Hz monitor is a lot of money to spend. If yours can handle it, go for it.

@Joe3417 @MellowCream @TheDoubleYGamer

When I had my 144hz 1080p surround, while it was very smooth and all, switching to 1440p didn't really effect my aim or anything. Once I got used to the extra pixels on the screen, it was basically back to normal. 

The only thing I do notice, is sometimes when I'm aiming down-sight at someone, and they're running left to right or right to left I miss a bullet or two, before it feels like I wasn't.  One thing I remember about 144hz and 1 ms was like I was always one step ahead of everyone else, I still feel like that most of the time, but not all the time like I did before. (It may be because I have low ping on most of the games I play though)

Hands down though, I enjoy 1440p much more. The details and "immersion" effect is a bit better IMO.   And having that extra real-estate when I'm browsing + music etc makes it easier.  I'm hoping to get another 1440p screen soon.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Been gaming on WoW for 7 years, 4 of which have been on 60hz monitors. For 5 of those years I played at around 15-20 FPS during raids. And was in the best progression guild on my server and main tanked for for my guild which got a few realm firsts. Don't worry you don't need that good of performance in MMOs. they move pretty slowly xD

My Rig "Corsair air 540, MSI Z87-G45, i5 4670k, EVGA ACX 780, Gskill sniper 2x8gb 1866 memory, Corsair CX500m modular 80+ bronze, corsiar h100i, toshiba 1.5tb HDD." / Peripherals "Acer H226HQLbid Black 21.5" (Main monitor), Acer S200HLAbd Black 20" (auxiliary), Razer blackwidow ultimate 2013, razer naga 2013, razer goliathus 444x355 speed edition, Sennheiser HD8 DJs"