iPhone 6 Leaks – Ultra Retina Screen, 2.6GHz A8 Processor, OİS (UPDATED)

Mr.Duck

Honestly: I hope they keep the iPhone 5/5s design. I liked that the most. Also: If it were to be that thin, they would have to make a proprietary audio jack. And no one wants that. But I'm all in for a larger display.

And also: The developpment should be cheaper --> Android.

btw I use arch

Its funny that this iphone has a better processor than a lot of peoples laptops nowadays.

Diamond 5 in League :)

You must be <the opposite of smart> to tell that a quadcore would have a longer battery life than a dual core.

Actually, if the load that needs to be processed can be done in parallel, increasing the number of cores can exponentially decrease power consumption.

I have already written the explanation of that phenomenom here. You can go read it if you wish. If you're thinking of asking me for "credible resources": this is the explanation I got half a year ago in my course of advanced digital design, you may come look at my books if you want ;)

You have complety no clue what multithreading is about, people just suck with multitasking and you don't multitask on a phone. Playing a game in the 2nd half window and browsing on the 1st window isn't in my perspective multitasking. Phones are ideal to multitask and 99% dont even do actively multitasking. I have no ideas why the fuck a video player would torture that cpu so hard, start to use a hardware accelerated video player that would take advantage of the gpu so you have another reason to stop moaning for cores.

It's not because you're only displaying one application at a time that your phone isn't multitasking in the background. There are a lot of processes that run uninterrupted in the background. For instance, the process that is respnsible for receiving messages that are sent to the phone, the process that periodically checks your mail, the kernel itself. All of it runs constantly and having a few extraa cores is helpful to be able to keep the power consumption down while still being able to cater to the needs of these processes all at a time.

We haven't seen any proof besides theory that mean fuck. You must be an idiot to tell that a quadcore would have a longer battery life than a dual core.

No I am not an idiot. I am simply following basic logic. Doing a task quicker -> go into a very low power state faster -> less power spent overall.

There is proof that race to idle works. You just don't want to admit it and therefore throw out any evidence I post. A quad core can give you longer battery life. I never said it would always do so, but it can. My point was that just because it is a quad core does not mean it will give you worse battery life. One reason is because of race to idle, and another reason is because of power gating.

I'm just ignoring your nonsense. You have complety no clue what multithreading is about, people just suck with multitasking and you don't multitask on a phone. Playing a game in the 2nd half window and browsing on the 1st window isn't in my perspective multitasking. Phones are ideal to multitask and 99% dont even do actively multitasking. I have no ideas why the fuck a video player would torture that cpu so hard, start to use a hardware accelerated video player that would take advantage of the gpu so you have another reason to stop moaning for cores.

Ehh... Yes I do. You on the other hand don't seem to understand it. First you say my browser isn't multithreaded, then you say I have no way of knowing if it is, and now you have backpedaled all the way to "well you were running a browser benchmark". The fact of the matter is that my browser can utilize at least 4 cores if it needs to, and so can my video player, and my gallery app, and the games I have tested. You don't seem to know the definition of "multitasking" either, it means doing more than one thing at once. Playing music and browsing the web is multitasking. If I am watching a video in a floating window, and then have a browser open as well (which I have done on my tablet before) then I am multitasking. Sure most people don't multitask that much on their phone, at least not with demanding tasks, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't give the people that want it the option to do so. Multitasking is just one example of where a phone with 4 cores can outshine one with 2 cores, there are others as well (as you can see in my previous post).

The reason why my CPU usage is so high is because it's a 10bit H.264 video. I would use hardware accelerated decoding if I could, but I can't. That's why I am very excited for hardware accelerated HEVC decoding which will arrive with the Snapdragon 810. Stylized subtitles can also eat up quite a bit of CPU time.

The funny thing is, the cores arent turning off there are apps for a reason that allows you to do this. Because you saw 0% on some cores doesnt even mean they are turned off.

I have no idea what you are trying to say with these two sentences. The point of my post was to show you all 4 cores being used in programs I use. Do you want me to show you how it looks in a program that don't use all 4 cores? The app I use will show you when a core is completely shut down. Here is a picture I took when playing Peggle, an old app that mostly uses 1 core and sometimes fires up a second core for certain things.

post-216-0-47360200-1395098713_thumb.jpg

As you can see, it is very easy to tell when a core is turned off.

All you need is IPC, since you cant compare the instruction per clock rate between different chips so practically you would only be able to compare the end result -> per core performance is all that matters for the majority of us.

Sure IPC is great, and I would probably prefer a dual core with let's say 10 IPC, than a quad core with 5 IPC. I woudl pick a quad core with 10 IPC over both of them though, even in a phone.

Per core performance isn't everything. I can agree that it is more important than just MOAR CORES like some of the recent octa cores Cortex A7 chips (that don't use big.LITTLE), but that doesn't mean more cores is useless.

I have mentioned it before but you have never replied to it in this thread, big.LITTLE is a great example of how you can add more cores in order to save power. By packing different kinds of cores on a single chip you can make sure you always get the best performance/power consumption for the task.

If you just focus on IPC you will end up with a huge and power hungry core. Having that core perform simple tasks which could have been done in the background on a core that uses 1/10 of the power is very wasteful.

Apple will always lead the way with industrial design. Battery life will be something to look forward to though - from their phones anyway. My Macbook Pro w/- Retina outlasts all of my friends laptops by a mile.

How long does your Macbook last?

yes i definitely agree with the anodizing thats what makes me hate this phone so much plus i can bend it with my hands like wtf isnt it suppose to be metal and solid build with quality not made of a f**king soda can? the size i personally dont mind i went from a iphone 4 to the iphone 5 and i felt awkward holding it because it was so big compared to the iphone 4 i personally like smaller phones ive seen the galaxy mini i just want it for its size i just wish someone would make a mini phone with normal phone specs i dont get this whole big phone thing my mum and gf both have note 3s and there ridiculous i dont understand how they like that :S

Have you heard of the Xperia Z1 Compact? A compact phone with the flagship specifications of its bigger brother the Xperia Z1.

We haven't seen any proof besides theory that mean fuck. You must be an idiot to tell that a quadcore would have a longer battery life than a dual core. 

I'm just ignoring your nonsense. You have complety no clue what multithreading is about, people just suck with multitasking and you don't multitask on a phone. Playing a game in the 2nd half window and browsing on the 1st window isn't in my perspective multitasking. Phones are ideal to multitask and 99% dont even do actively multitasking. I have no ideas why the fuck a video player would torture that cpu so hard, start to use a hardware accelerated video player that would take advantage of the gpu so you have another reason to stop moaning for cores.

The funny thing is, the cores arent turning off there are apps for a reason that allows you to do this. Because you saw 0% on some cores doesnt even mean they are turned off.

All you need is IPC, since you cant compare the instruction per clock rate between different chips so practically you would only be able to compare the end result -> per core performance is all that matters for the majority of us.

Race to idle, race to idle, race to idle, just race to shadap

Your web browser DOES multitask. Every object it downloads is a separate thread.

The processor would be completely unnecessary. The iPhone 5S has a 1.3ghz dual core processor and outperforms just about anything out there running quad or octacore processors. That spec alone leads be to believe this rumor is fake.  

The processor would be completely unnecessary. The iPhone 5S has a 1.3ghz dual core processor and outperforms just about anything out there running quad or octacore processors. That spec alone leads be to believe this rumor is fake.

it beats everything because the res. is.not 'ultra'retina nor 1080p :P

P.S: İ think this could be really great news for some people but definitely not me because i see apple as a company that invents ideas look at macbook air, if that thing didnt exist ultrabooks probably wouldnt too, anyways this phone may lead to really thin android phones and thats what i am excited for :D

SOURCE: http://wccftech.com/iphone-6-rumors-ultra-retina/

You mean...A company that copies ideas...

Other than that...In the phone area, Apple hasn't really done anything spectacular since...maybe the iPhone 5 with the larger screen. 4 and 4S were kind of the same, 5S might as well be a 5..5C is just...a grab for more money..since its actually just a 5 with colour and its thicker so you need to buy a new case...

My opinion could all just be a product of working in the industry for the last 3 years and seeing the same old crap pumped out by Apple year after year though...I don't really have a proper consumers point of view on this one.

i see apple as a company that invents ideas

Correction: Apple is a company the uses (or steals, whichever you prefer) from others, throw them all together and make something new that appeals to consumers.

Might want to check out this:

look at macbook air, if that thing didnt exist ultrabooks probably wouldnt too

The ultrabook is an INTEL spec. Nothing Apple invented.

Correction: Apple is a company the uses (or steals, whichever you prefer) from others, throw them all together and make something new that appeals to consumers.

So you are suggesting that no one actually invented the car because the internal combustion engine existed and so did the wheel, so the one who put that all together didn't invent the "car"? 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

So you are suggesting that no one actually invented the car because the internal combustion engine existed and so did the wheel, so the one who put that all together didn't invent the "car"? 

Nope. I'm saying Apple didn't invent the car, rather it improved upon it in a way that wasn't seen before by throwing the inventions of other car (parts) manufacturers together.

EDIT: the word you're looking for with Apple is 'innovation' rather than 'invention'

It looks virtually identical to the one they have now except with a slightly curved back...

If you think that's sexy buy a OnePlus One.

I'd be worried about that curved back bending in your pocket... I had an mp3 player in like 6th grade, it'd get warm in my pocket and over the 2 years I had it, it actually warped to the shape of my leg lol

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Might want to check out this:

Teksyndicate is full of sh*t. They lie, they make tons of invalid arguments, etc etc.

There are many factual errors in this video, which has been proven/shown on THIS forum over and over again.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

There are many factual errors in this video, which has been proven/shown on THIS forum over and over again.

Aha, interested in reading that. Do you have a link perhaps?

*off to Google!*

EDIT: Google search is fruitless.

Nope. I'm saying Apple didn't invent the car, rather it improved upon it in a way that wasn't seen before by throwing the inventions of other car (parts) manufacturers together.

EDIT: the word you're looking for with Apple is 'innovation' rather than 'invention'

Your post was somewhat misleading to me, they are more of an innovation company for sure. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Your post was somewhat misleading to me, they are more of an innovation company for sure. 

Yup, people often confuse innovation and invention. I'm not here saying the Apple just didn't do anything. They're innovators for sure, and they're very succesful at being that. But we can't call the post-Wozniak Apple an inventor, because it really isn't.

No I am not an idiot. I am simply following basic logic. Doing a task quicker -> go into a very low power state faster -> less power spent overall.

There is proof that race to idle works. You just don't want to admit it and therefore throw out any evidence I post. A quad core can give you longer battery life. I never said it would always do so, but it can. My point was that just because it is a quad core does not mean it will give you worse battery life. One reason is because of race to idle, and another reason is because of power gating.

And theres a proof that you won't: http://barryrountree.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/race2idle.pdf

Ehh... Yes I do. You on the other hand don't seem to understand it. First you say my browser isn't multithreaded, then you say I have no way of knowing if it is, and now you have backpedaled all the way to "well you were running a browser benchmark". The fact of the matter is that my browser can utilize at least 4 cores if it needs to, and so can my video player, and my gallery app, and the games I have tested. You don't seem to know the definition of "multitasking" either, it means doing more than one thing at once. Playing music and browsing the web is multitasking. If I am watching a video in a floating window, and then have a browser open as well (which I have done on my tablet before) then I am multitasking. Sure most people don't multitask that much on their phone, at least not with demanding tasks, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't give the people that want it the option to do so. Multitasking is just one example of where a phone with 4 cores can outshine one with 2 cores, there are others as well (as you can see in my previous post).

Learn to read, humans are bad multitaskers in general, many people don't like multitasking and you cant multitask on ios so having quad cores are far from relevant here. Monitoring my cpu load here on my ipad, I'm hardly getting over 50%. Texting, browsing, watching video's, FB etc that's probably what the most people do if they dont game. If I want here a smoother experience, I'd be needing more per core performance not more cores. Most IOS users dont need more cores. All of your race to idle was just one big bullshit for any ios user.

Multithreading isnt even about doing more than one thing at once, because even a single thread can even do more than one thing at a time. Having a single thread is far from being multithreaded so you clearly don't know what it is. For some reasons youre associating human multitasking with multithreading.

Atm there aren't or there a few any apps that only contain 1 thread, they all/most are containing something like dunno 20-40 meaning they can use 20-40 cores but that doesnt fucking mean you will see performance advantages when a 3rd or 4th core gets enabled. Besides the core loads, you would have no clue of how many cores an app can take advantage of performance wise. Looking now at your game screenshot, seeing 3 cores being disabled and that your first core is relaxing meaning that you won't see any improvements performance wise when you enable the 3 cores, that's why it means nothing.

Your web browser DOES multitask. Every object it downloads is a separate thread.

Never said they don't.

Teksyndicate is full of sh*t. They lie, they make tons of invalid arguments, etc etc.

I usually agree with that statement, but I haven't really found any major issues in that video.

Apple hasn't really invented anything lately.

To get back to the car analogy. The model T didn't have a roof on it. Apple took the model T and added a roof, which was a really good idea, but that doesn't mean they invented the car or the roof. They were innovative instead.

Yup, people often confuse innovation and invention. I'm not here saying the Apple just didn't do anything. They're innovators for sure, and they're very succesful at being that. But we can't call the post-Wozniak Apple an inventor, because it really isn't.

never confused by the terms, It's just "throw them all together and make something new that appeals to consumer" would seem as though they invented not refined, as you did refer to something being improved upon. Which is why I used my car analogy of putting pieces together to get something new. 

Anyway, in terms of hardware yea I would have to agree with a lack of inventions but software side you do have to give them some credit, iTunes, use of different font's. Despite not inventing things if it weren't for Apple and many things may not in fact exist. That is where I disagree with TekSyn saying that Apple is holding the industry back. And the fact that they disagree with Tim Cook's "why should everyone copy us" stance, when in fact other companies have copied Apple but not entirely. Logan saying that Apple didn't come up with this up is wrong. So Apple didn't make the first tablet but there is huge gap  between some black and white device from the 80's and the first Ipad, where as a Nexus tablet and Ipad have much fewer differences. 

Spoiler

I am dead sure that if macbook air didnt excist the ultrabooks wouldnt too they showed intel that the market needed something like that and intel made an alternative to the macbook air the ultrabook

Aha, interested in reading that. Do you have a link perhaps?

Start with Firewire ... he quotes wikipedia

Texas Instruments, Sony, Digital Equipment Corporation, IBM, and INMOS/SGS Thomson

but completely and purposely ignores other parts like:

It was initiated by Apple (in 1986[4]) and developed by the IEEE P1394 Working Group, largely driven by contributions from Apple

FYI: 

"The first specification for this link was completed in 1987." by people at Apple, BUT only "was adopted in 1995 as the IEEE 1394 standard." years later.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

*İ UPDATED THE POST PLEASE GO BACK TO THE FİRST POST AND CHECK İT OUT ;D*

edit: this is the most viewed news topic now which is cool :P

Damn it Apple, You shouldn't expect us to walk around with car batteries just to keep our phones alive.

Oh no, wait. People already do that.