iPhone 6 Leaks – Ultra Retina Screen, 2.6GHz A8 Processor, OİS (UPDATED)

Mr.Duck

yes i definitely agree with the anodizing thats what makes me hate this phone so much plus i can bend it with my hands like wtf isnt it suppose to be metal and solid build with quality not made of a f**king soda can? the size i personally dont mind i went from a iphone 4 to the iphone 5 and i felt awkward holding it because it was so big compared to the iphone 4 i personally like smaller phones ive seen the galaxy mini i just want it for its size i just wish someone would make a mini phone with normal phone specs i dont get this whole big phone thing my mum and gf both have note 3s and there ridiculous i dont understand how they like that :S

Xperia Z1 Compact anyone? Packing top tier spec in a small ish phone by today's standards.

Useless upgrades yes. Most things we do except playing games are running off a single core so what benefits do we have from a quadcore if we never play a game? Don't think Ios is going to allow you to turn the cores off. Corecount is just one big gimmick in the mobile market. I liked apple for not going Samsungs corecount crap.. Retina is probably a first class gimmick what doesnt even exist.

I was thinking about getting a 5S but its just too big, going to get a 4S instead. Downgrading can be sometimes better :P

You are still running multiple applications in the background while you game or use other apps, etc, The last thing you want is a phone lagging while texting because flappy birds 2 is running in the background. My iphone 4 with ios 7(i know ios 7 is slow) but thing will lag while texting with a few games or apps still "running" in the background.

So with this said you may want to consider not buying an iphone 4s but hey it's your choice not mine. 

Hmmm...but will u buy an iphone 6 when it comes out...??

Mostly likely, unless they screw it up really bad or the next high end Android device (not from Samsung) offers better features than the iphone 6. My contract on my iphone 4 runs out in the fall so I will have to upgrade to something. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

You are still running multiple applications in the background while you game or use other apps, etc, The last thing you want is a phone lagging while texting because flappy birds 2 is running in the background. My iphone 4 with ios 7(i know ios 7 is slow) but thing will lag while texting with a few games or apps still "running" in the background.

So with this said you may want to consider not buying an iphone 4s but hey it's your choice not mine. 

Mostly likely, unless they screw it up really bad or the next high end Android device (not from Samsung) offers better features than the iphone 6. My contract on my iphone 4 runs out in the fall so I will have to upgrade to something. 

Running in the background? Never heard about ios being multitasking friendly. Anyways the gpu's just stop rendering, the cpu puts it probably off and it just remains in your ram - just like a PC you minimize BF4 the cpu load drops massively and after some minutes you get an idle load of 1%. Also its kinda known that Apple slows their older phones down on purpose with every new ios version.. With 7.1 they did improve the performance a bit to hide this.

I'm not really after features, probably the main reason why I would buy iphones over android devices is because the build quality feels much better and Ios. I dont think we have seen any useful feature besides a touchscreen the past 8 years orsomething. 

No doubt, the screen will 'change everything again'!

ultra retina=100000 price tag

I think my next phone will still be a Samsung...

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Running in the background? Never heard about ios being multitasking friendly. Anyways the gpu's just stop rendering, the cpu puts it probably off and it just remains in your ram - just like a PC you minimize BF4 the cpu load drops massively and after some minutes you get an idle load of 1%. Also its kinda known that Apple slows their older phones down on purpose with every new ios version.. With 7.1 they did improve the performance a bit to hide this.

I'm not really after features, probably the main reason why I would buy iphones over android devices is because the build quality feels much better and Ios. I dont think we have seen any useful feature besides a touchscreen the past 8 years orsomething. 

I have an app which monitors ram, cpu usage on my iphone. With applications running in the background (not closed) and the app the my iphone's cpu and ram usage is very high, close the applications in the background, cpu usage and ram usage drops dramatically.

So you even said it "Apple slows their older phones down on purpose with every new ios version"   knowing this why get  an old iphone?

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

So long as battery life isn't worse than my current Iphone 4, I think I've found my next phone! Just 6 more months...

i bet the battery life is better than any smartphone on the market lol

Lasts for weeks at a time :P and I never turn it off.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

I fail to see why so many people are suggesting that iPhone devices have terrible battery life. They're typically on par with and sometimes better than their Android competitors. Personally, I've always found my iPhone's battery life to be considerably more consistent than my Android devices - at times for better, at times for worse.

Battery life is equally rubbish on the majority of smartphones these days. It's far from an iPhone-only thing.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

Look for all idiots who think the battery life sucks....

C'mon, I own an S4 and it's equally bad. One and Nexus 5 too doesn't have anything great. As far as I see most android phones only last for about one day even on standby, except anything above 3000 mAH. iPhone. On the other hand iPhone 5s does last for about three days on standby with the amazing horsepower packed in. Also the phone is really small and the battery capacities only half on its counterparts. If an android phone with that much power had the same capacity, it wouldn't even last an hour!

Apple has amazing battery life on their other products like Mac and iPads. If they are going to increase the size of the device, there will be a huge improvement in battery life too

You clealry have taken my comment to heart. it was a stab at the industry in general not so much apple, calm down.

I like battery life, it is important to me. so it is just annoying that companies are investing more money into screen tech and not battery tech.

Battery life does suck. FACT. Technology is meant to get better not worse. so why is it every aspect of mobile phones has got better except battery life. It hasn't kept at the pace the rest of other industries have.

Apple indeed has great battery life on some of its products. however the iPhone isn't one of them.  I would easily recommend and macbook air or pro for battery life, although my lenovo beats them both, with around 25hours battery life.

For a company that throws around the words revolution and evolution, their battery tech is looking rather cave man like. But that goes for all most other companies too like Samsung, Nokia, HTC. acer, HP, asus,...etc

Please don't argue about putting in larger batteries/capacities, that is the lazy approach. That's the reason we are in this mess. The technology behind batteries has to change, Lithium ion tech was great but we need to move on.

Also saying people are idiots because of their opinion , that will make you super unpopular fast on this forum. LTT is a civil place about friendship and having a good time.

If the iPhones 6 lasts longer then the GS5 then I will probably get it. although the water resistance might make me learn towards the GS5.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

Looks like a extra curvy, slim HTC ONE. Apple is so hypocritical, sues based on rounded corners and then this "new" iPhone looks very similar to an already existing android phone. I'll stay sceptical for now, this could well be a fake.

I have an app which monitors ram, cpu usage on my iphone. With applications running in the background (not closed) and the app the my iphone's cpu and ram usage is very high, close the applications in the background, cpu usage and ram usage drops dramatically.

So you even said it "Apple slows their older phones down on purpose with every new ios version"   knowing this why get  an old iphone?

The 4S is fast enough for my needs. 

Still using a terrible, ancient OS though.

My work iphone is made of the most frictionless material known to man.  Place it on any incline, no matter how slight, it will end up on the floor.  Best solution provided: lets give it less contact surface area.

Without Jobs to sell us on how utterly amazing it is and how we all need one to appear cool to strangers who's opinions we pretend not to care about but really do, I think it will tank.

I've noticed more and more when out and about how iphones have been shunned in favour of Samsung (mainly), HTC, Nokia, LG etc. and I welcome it wholeheartedly.  A couple of years ago everyone and their mum's dog used an iphone, now they appear as a rarity.  I think offices implementing iphones in favour of blackberry's is helping to swing opinion because people are now seeing the shortcomings of the device and experiencing the inconveniences they would generally forgive to counter buyer's remorse.

Every single Apple fan I have interacted with has scoffed at curve phone shapes - screen or back.  They also mock any screen larger than 4" unless of course it's an iPhone 5 which is the largest a phone ever has to go - no I'll never buy a phone larger than that.  Unless of course the iPhone 6 has a screen larger than that.  But then it's Ultra-retina so that means that it's amazing...

Apple will always lead the way with industrial design. Battery life will be something to look forward to though - from their phones anyway. My Macbook Pro w/- Retina outlasts all of my friends laptops by a mile.

i bet you my lapptop lassts longer than yours allday with out a cahrge

the amd box

fx-4130@4.5ghz  970 pro 3 r2.0 8gb corasir vengance1600mhz cl9  7870 @1200 core 1300 mem antec hcg750mantec gx700 with buggered fan controller  steelseries sensi steelseries apex RAW

This looks quite interesting. Better screen, thinner, better camera. I wish though that virtual keyboard would come soon or 3d screen with eye tracking. Heck what about a floating screen image.. My wishes are way to sci fi I know :)., And to those that complain that os 7 is old. Sure why not, but it works, so why change something that ain't broken.

(I'm so gonna get it from android fanboys huh?)

Useless upgrades yes. Most things we do except playing games are running off a single core so what benefits do we have from a quadcore if we never play a game? Don't think Ios is going to allow you to turn the cores off. Corecount is just one big gimmick in the mobile market. I liked apple for not going Samsungs corecount crap.. Retina is probably a first class gimmick what doesnt even exist.

I was thinking about getting a 5S but its just too big, going to get a 4S instead. Downgrading can be sometimes better :P

Yeah exactly but benchmarks on mobile devices mean nothing. 

You could not be further from the truth.

1) Better hardware in phones is needed. The only reason why people still have desktops is because phones aren't powerful enough. Better hardware won't just benefit performance either, it will also INCREASE battery life because of "race to idle". So if the iPhone gets a quad core you might actually see an increase in battery life, because it will finish tasks quicker and then go down in idle.

2) Actually, iOS does turn off cores, and so does Android. If you got a quad core such as in the HTC One, most of the times you will only be using 1 core (when idling). When you start for example the browser and loads a web page all 4 cores get activated briefly, loads the page quickly and then all but maybe 1 core gets turned off until you load a new page.

3) Samsung's "core count crap" is a great idea. They have a mixture of really power efficient but low performance cores, and high performance cores. For example in the 5420 they got four Cortex A7 cores and four Cortex A15 cores. The A7 are really good at low performance tasks and use very little power. The A15 are really powerful but also use a lot of power. This means that (at least once they have properly implemented HMP) you will be able to have your music player running on a low power core, one low power core doing background tasks like updating programs, fetching email and so on, and then two high performance cores running for example your web browser when you load a page or play a game. It's a really good solution.

As for the iPhone 5S being too big, it's most likely because you aren't used to it (or is a kid with really small hands). I thought my Galaxy S 2 was huge when I got it, and now I don't even think my Galaxy S 4 is that big. Some people I know don't even think their Galaxy Notes are that big.

Benchmarks on mobile devices are meaningless because we don't have any good ones (yet). Once we get some good ones I don't see any reason why they would be considered meaningless.

While it seems great and all I doubt this would be the actual iPhone 6 because we are still 6-7 months away until the next iPhone refresh and leaks this early almost never turn out to be true.

There are also some issues that I have with that was been presented. The two screen sizes of 4.7 inch and 5.7 inch are significantly larger than anything Apple currently offers and it is also a huge back peddle from their previous stance on optimal screen width. Realistically I think the largest they would go to would be 4.7 inches and the smaller one will either remain at 4 inches or maybe be increased slightly to 4.3 inches. As for the Pixel density of 389ppi, that is just a weird number, given that ppi, it would correspond to 1080p with it was on a 5.7 inch display and some super weird resolution for the 4.7 inch display assuming they don't end up with a similar display as the HTC One and it also seems unlikely that Apple would once again create some segregation with different screen resolutions, having said that they should really adopt a standard resolution such as 720p or 1080p because seriously that's what everything on the internet uses as a resolution if you play a 720p on that weird 1136x640 resolution, the processor has to use more processing power to render and fit the image, so even if there will be a resolution change, it will probably be going from 640p to 720p, the iPhone even records in 720p and 1080p. The image shown is also have a wonderfully curved device which we have seen in Apple concepts and ideas posted from the community time and time again that never turn out to be true, given the state of battery technology, it seems inefficient to have the middle bulge out in such as manner, so the shape is probably wrong. The image also shows what appears to be a complete aluminium unibody, which one paper sounds great, but as Apple and HTC has learnt metal is pretty good at blocking cell-signals, so if they want a phone to function as a phone there will be a need for a non EM block material such as glass or plastic, while they could but it on the front that means when you are using a phone as a phone; shock horror people use smartphones as a phone, your face which in this case is a giant tube of water will block cell-signals.

The 2.6 GHz A8 processor though I do find credible, a lot of ARM based processors can almost reach that speed and assuming Apple sticks to their guns with dual cores, it should prove to be an achievable clock speed. The height of the device being only 5.58mm I think would be possible, with LG producing; and probably supplying 1080p 2.2mm thin LCD panels, although for something that thin you typically want a AMOLED display, but Apple hates AMOLEDs for many reasons so that would be unlikely. This does raise a concern with battery life, because realistically battery technology hasn't evolved much and with current materials it's fairly difficult to take a big step forward in this respect. The camera lens also appears slightly on the small size, but Apple and Sony both make excellent cameras on their devices and they always have these small lens, although I would like to see them use a bigger one just to capture more light. 

EDIT: Why are phone makers so obsessed with making phones thinner? Sure it's great for marketing purposes hey look our phone is x thinner than the Samsung whatever, but am I the only one that thinks you know what the thickness is fine and I personally wouldn't mind if manufacturers made them marginally thicker if it meant fitting in a bigger battery. Heck the Motorola RAZR is a great example when offering a thicker and bigger battery leads to more sales. 

-snip-

Apple backpedals on a ton of stuff, so I don't see any problem with them releasing an iPhone with a bigger screen. They said 7" tablets were garbage, and then they released an 8" one. They also said that 3.5" was the perfect size, then they released a 4" one. First they said that it was good to steal ideas, and now they are pissed that people are stealing their ideas. The list goes on.

The biggest problem I see with changing screen is that iOS is a huge pile of garbage. It doesn't automatically scale things so if they change resolution to anything other than double horizontal and double vertical it will literally break compatibility with every single app. Everything is fixed size in iOS*, so the only thing they can do is either put black bars on both sides of the app (which is pretty much unusable, especially if the PPI increases as well since things will become too small), or quadruple the resolution. So IF they increase the resolution (which they have to if they want to keep the "retina PPI" and increase the size) they have to have a resolution of 1280x2272. In a 6" display, that's a PPI of 435. I just don't see any way for Apple to increase screen size and resolution in an elegant manner anymore.

*From what I have heard talking to iOS app developers. I have not confirmed this myself but it makes sense if you look at what they had to do with the iPhone 5, and it explains why they have always quadrupled resolution.

1) Better hardware in phones is needed. The only reason why people still have desktops is because phones aren't powerful enough. Better hardware won't just benefit performance either, it will also INCREASE battery life because of "race to idle". So if the iPhone gets a quad core you might actually see an increase in battery life, because it will finish tasks quicker and then go down in idle.

2) Actually, iOS does turn off cores, and so does Android. If you got a quad core such as in the HTC One, most of the times you will only be using 1 core (when idling). When you start for example the browser and loads a web page all 4 cores get activated briefly, loads the page quickly and then all but maybe 1 core gets turned off until you load a new page.

3) Samsung's "core count crap" is a great idea. They have a mixture of really power efficient but low performance cores, and high performance cores. For example in the 5420 they got four Cortex A7 cores and four Cortex A15 cores. The A7 are really good at low performance tasks and use very little power. The A15 are really powerful but also use a lot of power. This means that (at least once they have properly implemented HMP) you will be able to have your music player running on a low power core, one low power core doing background tasks like updating programs, fetching email and so on, and then two high performance cores running for example your web browser when you load a page or play a game. It's a really good solution.

As for the iPhone 5S being too big, it's most likely because you aren't used to it (or is a kid with really small hands). I thought my Galaxy S 2 was huge when I got it, and now I don't even think my Galaxy S 4 is that big. Some people I know don't even think their Galaxy Notes are that big.

Benchmarks on mobile devices are meaningless because we don't have any good ones (yet). Once we get some good ones I don't see any reason why they would be considered meaningless.

1) Multicore is a mythe, we're nothing with it. And saying that more cores save battery life well yeah then you're lost.. You're never ever going to have a PC game like now BF4 on a mobile device unless you consider active cooling which is unacceptable or you break Moore's Law.

2) Thought you said that more cores increase your battery life? Car analogy logic again..

3) You're nothing with 8 cores if all we do is single threaded meaning you're per core performance reliant. The 5S feels much smoother than any samsungcrap when browsing (http://be.hardware.info/reviews/3234/11/apple-iphone-5-review-vernieuwd-maar-niet-vernieuwend-browserprestaties-beter-dan-de-concurrentie), perfect example why octacores are nothing besides gimmicks. They might be useful for gaming but other than that its a waste.

You could not be further from the truth.

Says the one who is believing mythes.

Ultra retina, how about ultra battery life.

ultra battery drain

Either you're master race or you're not.

Apple... The masters of giving names to things, that mean nothing to the real world.

Retina Display

Ultra Retina Display

D300/D500/D700 (Mac Pro GPU's)

The list is longer... I'm just lazy.

However, it does look like a nice phone. I personally won't get one, as I don't like iOS, but it's right for some people.

I'm hoping this pushes CPU's in Android phones (which it will.)

But again... If this is all just a rumor (which it often is), then this is just everyone blowing steam :P

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

I may be upgrading from my iPhone 4, depending on how much better the new iPhone is going to be.

Command Center:

Case: Corsair 900D; PSU: Corsair AX1200i; Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition; CPU: i7-3970x; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i; GPU: 2x ASUS DCII GTX780Ti OC; RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (8x8) 2133MHz CL9; Speaker: Logitech Z2300; HDD 1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB; HDD 2: 2x Samsung 540 EVO 500GB (Raid 0); HDD 3: 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB (Raid 0); Monitor 1: LG 42" LED TV; Monitor 2: BenQ XL2420TE; Headphones 1: Denon AH-D7000Headphones 2Audio-Technica AD1000PRMHeadphones 3Sennheiser Momentum Over-EarHeadsetSteelseries Siberia Elite; Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RBG; Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300; Other: Macbook Pro 15 Retina (Mid-2014), PlayStation 4, Nexus 7 32GB (2014), iPhone 6 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB