Poll: What Content Do you Want to See from Linus Media Group

LinusTech

Yes to both, great concept but i give the credit to Luke. :D   lol gust kidding  :P  

Great idea guys cant wait.

I'd love to see more focused on games. Something like the WAN show, where you sit down and talk about games for an hour or so.

its true that there is a lot of gamming channels already but i think a mix channel would work better.

There isnt that many great toys for adults out there that is affordable. What i mean is Linus has to buy most of the toys and is not going to get Review toys unlike computer/acessories.

While gammming is much more affordable and you can possibly get review and super cheap games.

Toys are great and is more intresting but sustaining the cost is going to be hard, thats why a mixed channel is better since

you can invest is GREAT toys while covering cheaper games. 1 thing though is please Luke script your talking points

out or do uncut versions when you do a face shot. the multiple cuts when your were talking is a bit jarring.

Linus it seems some people haven't watched the full video and are coming up with some weird names. I for one like The Ball Pit. As it makes you think of Toys and Games. I hope that when you do Games though you don't do just reviews like Slick did. However Reviews would be a good thing to do after beating a game. I see you guys have a Wii U. If you have a capturecard I would love to see you guys do gameplay of that as I have a Wii U but no money for titles that look fun. That bug a salt looked really awesome and I find it funny the cops came haha. I might actually just buy the Bug-A-Salt and Trine 2 as they both look like fun things.

i5 4590 @ Stock, XFX R9 290!, HyperX Beast 4x8GB  @1600, 850 EVO 120gb, WD Caviar Blue 1TB, , Asrock H97m Pro 4 , Fractal Design Define R4, Windows 10

Mixed! Gaming and Toys, the toys is game related.

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

The cat project is unlikely to be resurrected unless I start breeding exotic cats (something I do want to do when I get older)...

As exotic as this?

I voted both but I think toys would be preffered of the two. Only other toys channel I know of is ashens, and that's more for crappy knock off stuff than it is for more expensive things that you may actually buy. 

I said mixed, but I would honestly suspect that there isn't enough collectable toys or even interesting toys or toy like items to even support a new channel.  :P  Though I'd rather not see such cut & dry takes on the games either.  It was good, but honestly  Slick made trine 2 sound dull.

while it's a great game that I honestly just can't get into *have access to the PS3 version*, Slick made it seem.... more modular then it was and for some reason failed to convey the sense of flow it has, or just what kind of game it was and to that point what kind of people should avoid it, because the game would just annoy or bore them to much.

Ill add my two cents.

I voted for a mixture of both. Linus could cover toys and slick could cover games.

Every-so often you guys could do a crossover of games and toys, ie guns used as game controllers, like on retro consoles and arcades. Also for toys it would be cool to see things like lego nxt and robotics. For games it would be cool if there was a 'retro' episode every so often covering (for example) on N64 or PS1.

By separating Linus and Luke on their own content it would make time management better and videos could be released on an alternating basis. Also 1 video a week should be manageable, considering you guys have Brandon (i think) as an editor.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

With the toys, I'd like to see an unboxing. Otherwise I really like those kind of videos. As for Slick's video, more gameplay footage would be nice. 

As I said on YouTube, you guys should shift focus from reviews to gaming. You guys do enough reviews and honestly I feel that you guys do too much. Why not do LAN parties / Let's Play / Community Challenge? Look at popular gamers on YouTube and twitch. You guys could do something similar but instead have your whole staff involved. Look at Node as an example.

While doing these streams / YouTube videos, you guys can expand upon product reviews by actually reviewing PC accessories as you are using them. You could integrate your reviews more!

For example, when you guys get gaming keyboards, mice, headphones, or things like Oculus, you guys can test them during these gaming sessions.

Check Out My 2 PC Builds! - Fall 2015

Check Out My Twin PC Builds! - Fall 2016 (Revival)

Don't know what toys pertain to, but if it means more videos i'm all for it.

Personally what I'd like to see more of is food reviews though. I want food reviews from regular supermarket type stuff to fast food chains (because unfortunately mom and pop restaurant reviews aren't really useful to most since we can't go out and test/buy the product for ourselves)

I feel like the food review market isn't big enough at all in North America while it's something extremely popular in many other places. On youtube Japan for example the most popular channel by far is just food and drink reviews of products they sell on supermarket shelves.

I am a 100% serious about this and I think you should definitely think about it.

That wouldn't really work for the non American people.

The cat project is unlikely to be resurrected unless I start breeding exotic cats (something I do want to do when I get older)...

@LinusTech why not mix toys / gaming / cats in one channel ? :D u will get cat lovers views - gamers views - and collectors items views that would be awesome :D

@LinusTech why not mix toys / gaming / cats in one channel ? :D u will get cat lovers views - gamers views - and collectors items views that would be awesome :D

Because he already has a cat channel.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Ill add my two cents.

I voted for a mixture of both. Linus could cover toys and slick could cover games.

Every-so often you guys could do a crossover of games and toys, ie guns used as game controllers, like on retro consoles and arcades. Also for toys it would be cool to see things like lego nxt and robotics. For games it would be cool if there was a 'retro' episode every so often covering (for example) on N64 or PS1.

By separating Linus and Luke on their own content it would make time management better and videos could be released on an alternating basis. Also 1 video a week should be manageable, considering you guys have Brandon (i think) as an editor.

While that would be a good idea I would prefer them to make videos together actually. Co Op Gaming is more fun in my opinion and I really wish Slick showed Gameplay of two characters being used at the same time. Maybe for Toys Slick and Linus could have a Nerf war or buy these which I would really love to see them review and use. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/skirmos/skirmos-open-source-laser-tag It would be awesome for Linus and Slick to get a bunch of friends and play this while having set positions for cameras or something.

i5 4590 @ Stock, XFX R9 290!, HyperX Beast 4x8GB  @1600, 850 EVO 120gb, WD Caviar Blue 1TB, , Asrock H97m Pro 4 , Fractal Design Define R4, Windows 10

I vote for toys.
there are about ten thousand channels dedicated to videogame reviews who have been doing it for longer and have bigger budgets. chances are by the time i get around to watching slicks vid on a certain game i'll already have read 3 other reviews, watched a lets play of it and seen a zero punctuation episode on it. videogames are just way too big an industry for you guys to be able to do anything new in

toys are way more interesting. youll be able to introduce us to things we havnt heard of before. and inform us on build quality etc which is really something you dont get a lot of on youtube. at least not at a professional level.
Im a big fan of multitools and personal every-day carry items like flashlights, folding knives and keychain gadgets. and i would absolutely KILL for a channel as professional as yours to do unboxings, reviews and comparisons for those items. right now im forced to make purchase decisions based on videos created by 15 year old kids filming on thier iphones, or texan rednecks filming in thier backyard. so bringing decent production-value videos to niche topics can make for really good content

the only other channel i can think of that does really good reviews of toy-like products is tested (which is a fantastic channel) but toy reviews are far from the focus of thier content. So you guys could really have a decent niche there.

Because he already has a cat channel.

connect it to a new gmail - so that it's name would change - upload the toys and games videos there :D

Voted for both, but please PLEASE don't kill more bugs just for the channel... :(

ConsTR(4)uct:

• CPU
    Threadripper 1900X @ 4.0GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus PRIME X399-A
  • RAM
    32GB Crucial Ballistix Elite @ 3466MHz
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming-X 11G
  • Case
    SilverStone Fortress FT02
  • Storage
    1TB Samsung 960 EVO + 500GB WD Blue SSD + 2x 4TB WD Red (RAID1) + 3TB HGST Deskstar NAS
  • PSU
    Corsair AX760i
  • Display(s)
    2x Acer Predator XB271HK
  • Cooling
    BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro TR4
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G710+
  • Mouse
    Logitech G502
  • Sound
    Propellerhead Balance + Bose Companion II + AKG K7XX
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro

OK, So from what I see the odds are that you may do a channel with both toys and gaming...Cool idea and It's better than having them separated...I personally would like to see a gaming channel...I don't mind about toys I actually really like them but for me games will always be the perfect toys ( Ha see what I did here? )...So what I would like to see is, yes, a channel for both gaming and toys...But I'd like to have you both present the toys and games rather than just one of you...Like, I know Slick is more for games and you may not be...But, imagine with multiplayer games...like you can both play the game and stuff...And the same goes for Toy Reviews...

Anyway I think it's a great idea and you should both do it together rather than separated...

I'm looking forward to see a great channel about both toys and games.

Cheers from Romania...I've been watching you since 2008-2009 and Linus I just want to thank you for teaching me so much...You, Slick, The Crazy Russian, The Cameraman ( if everybody remembers ) changed my life...And Erlic too even though he has nothing to do with this...He's a good guy as well.

toys with international shipping or international availability.

How about two new channels? One for the "toys" and one for bloopers and vlogs?

Requote this if you think it would be awesome for Linus and Slick to Unbox and Review and even have a war with. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/skirmos/skirmos-open-source-laser-tag

...Linus's segment was great......Slick's was too long for one game, maybe a rapid fire of 3 to 5 games for that segment length would have been more engaging for me........