Poll: What Content Do you Want to See from Linus Media Group

LinusTech

EDIT2: topic closed now. Thank you everyone for your feedback. While I can't reply to everyone individually I will read ALL of your messages.

EDIT: This must not have been clear enough. These are concepts for a NEW channel. We're not ditching LinusTechTips...

Okay so while this is still a normal thread and we'll likely be checking out your responses, we've got a couple ideas already that we'd really like to do, so unless something absolutely unbelievable comes along in the comments here it'll be one of those two...

Please watch the video before voting. Luke and I worked (somewhat) hard on putting together these pilot "proof of concept" episodes, and while they aren't perfect they should give you a taste of what's to come.... if you want to see it, that is...

-deleted-

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

I would prefer to see more video's on the toy's than games(sorry Slick). There are so many channels which air game walkthroughs/reviews, but I don't know of many channels which make videos about guns that launch salt at insects. If two video's were to pop up on my suggested video's one being Linus's insect salt blaster and another Slicks Trine 2 video I would click on linus's video first. Don't get me wrong but, I would still like to see a combo chanel. 

LOL the cops though........ GO RCMP​!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I'M TOTALLY DOWN FOR MORE CAT VIDEOS! 

That Kurt joke man..... really.

When was that? Anyone wanna tell me at what time it's at? 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Interesting...

Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

I'll assume you're considering to make ANOTHER channel?

thats their plan they talked about it in the live stream

Neither - please stay focused on tech

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
I've learned that something constructive comes from every defeat.

Don't know what toys pertain to, but if it means more videos i'm all for it.

Personally what I'd like to see more of is food reviews though. I want food reviews from regular supermarket type stuff to fast food chains (because unfortunately mom and pop restaurant reviews aren't really useful to most since we can't go out and test/buy the product for ourselves)

I feel like the food review market isn't big enough at all in North America while it's something extremely popular in many other places. On youtube Japan for example the most popular channel by far is just food and drink reviews of products they sell on supermarket shelves. 

I am a 100% serious about this and I think you should definitely think about it. 

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Defs do a channel where both of you can do both videos.

LinusToysAndGamesTips?

Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

There already are a ton of youtubers that do game reviews ect. I think the toy idea is somewhat unique, well at least more unique that game reviews.

The cat project is unlikely to be resurrected unless I start breeding exotic cats (something I do want to do when I get older)...

But, but, but........ Rocket + Rumble never go out of style! :D  

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

More enterprise tech please, I am bored with consumer grades ones.

You and 4 other people...

Enterprise tech would make sense If we had an enormous team of people with both deep and broad experience in enterprise hardware and software and an unlimited budget.

Even the largest sites like Toms and Anandtech do a piss-poor job of covering enterprise tech because the audience is so small that you could never support it with a traditional web monetization strategy (ads and sponsorships) and anyone willing to throw that kind of money at performance and reliability testing wouldn't be interested in the results being public because then their competitors are benefiting from their investment.

Will likely never happen at all, never mind from us :(

I got an idea for a name for both

"Linus and Lukes fun Reviews"

Or LLFR for short

Will there be gaming news on the gaming channel if it is made?

Watching the trailer just makes me jealous for not having real editing software. Would help a lot to improve the quality of my own gaming channel.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxG1gunHOMSMdRkeXGPBIdg

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

TheBallpit? *subscribed*

"Hidden optical drive, crouching PC-builder."